• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Books, books and more books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I mostly read free e-books too. I don't think I've read a "real" book since I got my Nook. The books I read are mostly "the kind that drug stores sell" which is fine since I read them to make myself sleepy. Now try to get that song out of your head! :D And if you don't know the song, well I'm just gonna post it in the Music Anyone? thread! :p

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I used to read a lot more than I have the past few years - I spend a lot of the time I used to be reading being online instead! However, lately I have been re-reading some of my James Michener books. A month or so ago I watched the (old) movie "Caravans" which was an adaptation of one of his books. About halfway through the movie I had to go and get the book out, because I was not remembering the story presented in the movie as being the same (or as good as) the book. I ended up rereading the entire book. I'm now reading his book "Spain" which isn't a fiction story, but I love his descriptions and observations about his travels there, along with the history about the areas. I don't know that I will ever be able to travel there myself, so I'm traveling vicariously.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I can't remember if I read Hawaii or not. I'm going to need to look for that at the library. Also, I need to correct the title for the one I'm reading now - it is "Iberia", not "Spain".

We're supposed to be having a hot spell over this coming weekend, so I should probably turn my laptop off and sit out in the yard (in the shade) and just read.

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
love love my kindle,, :).. am hooked on the "Hunger Games Trilogy" Read through so fast the first time to just find out what was the end and since then has re read 2 more times to pick up all the details.. don't think I will tire of reading it . Eternity Road by Jack McDivitt is a favorite. My husband got me stuck on the Pelbar Cycle Books by Paul O Williams ... :)

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
love love my kindle,, :).. am hooked on the "Hunger Games Trilogy" Read through so fast the first time to just find out what was the end and since then has re read 2 more times to pick up all the details.. don't think I will tire of reading it . Eternity Road by Jack McDivitt is a favorite. My husband got me stuck on the Pelbar Cycle Books by Paul O Williams ... :)

I listened to The Hunger Games, all three.

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
I have a 4th generation Kindle DX that has the voice to text on it.. so now Audible and Amazon are paired together where I can buy the e book then get the audible added... "decided to give it a try .. pretty cool you can read as they talk and it even turns the pages for you..

How cool is that for like kids..... :)

The Restorer (The Graveyard Queen) interesting story line for the character,, she grew up helping her Dad who was a graveyard restorer,, and since she was real little she could see ghost, and her father could to and when he realized his young daughter could see them too. He gave her some rules to follow to protect herself.... No spoilers here... it was keeping my attention until I fell asleep .. so will have to go back.. as it was still interesting when I woke up hearing what was going on... :)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I have a 4th generation Kindle DX that has the voice to text on it.. so now Audible and Amazon are paired together where I can buy the e book then get the audible added... "decided to give it a try .. pretty cool you can read as they talk and it even turns the pages for you..

How cool is that for like kids..... :)

The Restorer (The Graveyard Queen) interesting story line for the character,, she grew up helping her Dad who was a graveyard restorer,, and since she was real little she could see ghost, and her father could to and when he realized his young daughter could see them too. He gave her some rules to follow to protect herself.... No spoilers here... it was keeping my attention until I fell asleep .. so will have to go back.. as it was still interesting when I woke up hearing what was going on... :)

cool!

this is why i love e-books. People recommend things and i forget by the time i get to the library. But i just looked up and borrowed the Restorer from my library :D

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I read pretty much everything except for the really sappy romances. My favorites are usually true crime, crime fiction, or memoirs. Right now, I'm reading: "The Damned Summer" by Scott Weaver. Book One of The Ruin Trilogy

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

that looks interesting too :)

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I love to read too, mostly dystopian genre, crime both fiction and non-fiction. also some ya because I read the books before pass off to my 13 yo to make sure I find appropriate(he reads a lot of sports stuff-fiction and non), and I actually enjoy many of his books. my kids are always snitching my kindle fire to play games, and toddler cracked the screen but still works) so I rarely have time to use that and have been reading non digital books

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I like historical, mysteries (but not with lots of blood and gore descriptions), a little sci-fi, some fantasy... One really good series which both myself and my DH really liked was the "Dragonriders of Pern" series by Anne McCaffrey. Very entertaining. It's been quite awhile since we read those - I may need to put them on the list to re-read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread