Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi Geoff,

Although I know we have artificial flavoring in many things I must admit I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners and now you have me wondering just how much is in our liquids now. Can you tell me please? Thanks.

Well, I don't think the fact that I decided to OFFER artificial sweetener for sale is reason enough to start pulling fire alarms and calling 911.

We use:

Nicotine
PG
VG
Artificial Flavoring (and whatever THEY'VE used in their flavorings, they certainly keep as a trade secret)
Ethyl Maltol
Acetylpyrazine (when needed)

I think you'll find more extensive shopping lists of chemicals to worry about in OTHER liquids, but not ours.

I'll say it again, artificial sweetener is available on the side in the miscellaneous section of the site for those who wish to add it themselves. It should not be assumed that because we sell it, we also made some random decision to start dumping it in our liquids.

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Well, I don't think the fact that I decided to OFFER artificial sweetener for sale is reason enough to start pulling fire alarms and calling 911.

We use:

Nicotine
PG
VG
Artificial Flavoring (and whatever THEY'VE used in their flavorings, they certainly keep as a trade secret)
Ethyl Maltol
Acetylpyrazine (when needed)

I think you'll find more extensive shopping lists of chemicals to worry about in OTHER liquids, but not ours.

I'll say it again, artificial sweetener is available on the side in the miscellaneous section of the site for those who wish to add it themselves. It should not be assumed that because we sell it, we also made some random decision to start dumping it in our liquids.

Hey Geoff,

No, I don't think you offering more artificial sweetener should warrant a call to 911. In fact I suspect it would downright piss them off to get a call like that. Then they might jail me or at the very least fine me. Nope, not worth a call to 911. :D

I find nothing wrong what so ever with you offering it. That way people who don't care can use it if they want it and those who don't aren't forced to.

It just got me wondering about just how much sweetener is in the juices out there. It isn't pointing a finger at you Geoff. As I stated, we are inundated with artificial sweeteners but they aren't an innocuous ingredient. Not by a long shot. Some are safer than others (barely) so at least you stated the type you are using.

Personally I think the flavor makers should be more forthcoming to you vendors so you can answer the questions as to what is in the flavors and the percentage of it.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Gee, thanks for nothing... :D

I got my hopes up when you mentioned the whole sweetener thing... I didn't realize you were talking about Splenda... oh, I'm sure it tastes just fine, but that stuff dices up my colon faster than a Benihana chef on ....... so... you may want to consider making a new flavor for this sweetener...

Anyone up for vaping some Ex-Lax?

And yes, it has to also be mentioned... with the addition of the new sweetener, Tasty Vapor can now BE CRAP AND MAKE CRAP!

At least for some of us... 8-o

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Gee, thanks for nothing... :D

I got my hopes up when you mentioned the whole sweetener thing... I didn't realize you were talking about Splenda... oh, I'm sure it tastes just fine, but that stuff dices up my colon faster than a Benihana chef on ....... so... you may want to consider making a new flavor for this sweetener...

Anyone up for vaping some Ex-Lax?

And yes, it has to also be mentioned... with the addition of the new sweetener, Tasty Vapor can now BE CRAP AND MAKE CRAP!

At least for some of us... 8-o

Splenda is a trademark name for the company that sells PURE SUCRALOSE as a sweetener.

What I sell has been "modified" or "toned down", is NOT Splenda, and since the modifications weren't done by myself and how it's "toned-down" is also trade secret of the company that sells the liquid, I have no information, however, I thought it would be prudent to offer at least the Q&A Page from the Sucralose.org site on the OP to answer any of your questions about the TYPE of sweetener and not someone's Brand Name, like Splenda.

I can say that I use this Modified Version in MY OWN liquids that I vape, but I do not use it in large quantities, I get the sweetness I'm looking for, I've had no ill-effects using it, which is NOT to say that nobody else will, which is also why this is being offered as a Side Item and not an ingredient in our liquids.

Last edited:

Raechel

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
I ordered some. I guess one bottle will sweeten 15 large bottles. YAY!

Obviously I also ordered 4 AFB (I admit I am a junkie in good company) and a chocolate #712, Caramel, and butter cream mix in strengths in that order less as you go to next ingredient in my instructions. I can hardly wait. Oh and mixing bottles to play with my other flavors from TV. Tues is my B Day so I went all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread