1 Week, 3 starter kits and Ready to Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovah

Sep 4, 2013
Phoenix
Hi everyone:

I cannot believe how this week has gone with my intro to e-cigs.

Started off with the Greensmoke, which tore up my mouth, I believe from the propylene glycol.

So that was 60.00 down the drain.

Next, I went to Blu, just because of the convenience. Pretty bad as everyone here has said. Another 50.00 down the drain.

Ordered Prosmoke with next day delivery. (87.00) I did not find anything that looked like an atomizer. I watched a bunch of you tubes and did not see in my kit anything that looked like that.

Contacted Prosmoke and they said that everything is triple checked, including with a video of the person that did the packing, that I would get everything with the kit. I have tried a million ways to get it to work and it just would heat up so quickly that it would burn my hands.

So, at this point, I'm just disgusted. My favorite, by far was the Green, but it has that PG in it.

I'm not ready to start doing my own or mixing a bunch of stuff together yet.

Any advice would be great.

Tovah

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
OK, looks like you are going with a bunch of cig-a-like kits.

Are you sure the PG is what's bothering you. If so, it is possible to get 100% VG juice, but you will need a refillable system. Also, different people have different reactions when they first start vaping. This may go away after a short time.

Yes, Blu sucks. You probably could have saved a little money if you tried the disposable one first.

As for the Prosmoke kit, if the battery is getting too hot to touch, there is a problem with the battery. It really depends on where the heat is starting. I'm guessing that because it is burning your hand and not your mouth, that the battery is the issue.

If you want to stick with a cig-a-like set-up, I have heard good things about the Halo system and the Joye 510 systems. But most find that to have an enjoyable vaping experience, you should get an eGo type battery at the very minimum.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
For any beginner, I suggest highly these....BOTH these starter kits have.....2 1100a batteries..2 chargers, AC wall and USB,.. 2 CE5's replaceable coil clearomizers,... and a carrying case ...EGO systems

$44... DV eGo-T Starter Kit - Stainless - 1100mah

$25 and variable voltage 1100 batteries,,, $24.99 EGO-CE4S 6-in-1 Variable Voltage Rechargeable 1100mAh E-Cigarettes Set with 0.55" Screen - double e-cigarettes / 2.4

Need at least 1100a batteries for all day vaping 12-13 hours... and need 2 batteries, all the time in case 1 goes bad or dead or breaks..

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
no...2 seconds that any 5th grader can do...

charge the battery with the wall plug (3-4 hours)......and then unscrew the drip tip/mouthpiece on the clearomizer/tank and pour the eliquid into the clearomizer/tank with the need tip bottle that comes with the starter kit or right out of the eliquid bottle..screw the top mouthpiece back on to clearomizer (CE5).... and then screw that to the top of the charged battery...then vape away all day..

no harder than putting on sneakers and tieing them up..

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Few here will recommend the cigalike batteries which you've used already. They can be useful to determine if vaping is for you, but unfortunately you picked three of the poor quality brands to try. My advice, despite the expense you've already put out with these kits, is to ditch them. You'll never be satisfied with those. You need bigger batteries and better juice attachments.

Try to get over the fact that you want something that looks like a cigarette. Vaping is not smoking, its something entirely different so it doesn't have to look like smoking. Accept this fact and you will be on your way to successful vaping.

I recommend an Ego variable voltage battery setup. About the size of a large cigar, so it will still be very portable and pocket-friendly. It will give you 6 - 10 hours between battery charges. More options in juice attachments. Variable voltage will allow you the option to adjust the heat of the vapor. Below is an ideal variable voltage Ego starting kit. I recommend the Vision spinner or Joytech twist brand batteries.

Ideal Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor

Picture Dictionary of Common Juice Attachments

Vision Spinner with Kanger Protank

Last edited:

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
I strongly suggest this kit: MadVapes Majestic ARO Kit

It has EVERYTHING you need to get going right. Except liquid. In that case, I'd say head over to USA Made Nicotine Juice, E Juice, E Liquid, Electronic Cigarette Juice and pick out some liquid. If you're just starting, I'd say go with a few bottles of 18mg, but not TOO MANY, since I'll bet you'll be lowering your nicotine soon enough. If you were a HEAVY smoker, maybe start with 24mg, or at least one bottle of each to see what level helps your cravings.

Watch out for tank-cracker liquids though - since most kits come with plastic tanks for your liquid. here's a list of which flavors MAY affect the plastic tanks: E Juice that may break a plastic tanks | Mt Baker Vapor WikiMt Baker Vapor Wiki

All that said, if you want to use any of those flavors, you can order several pyrex tanks. One of them is a glass version of the Smoktech ARO that comes in the MadVapes kit I linked above. MadVapes carries the pryex ARO as well: http://www.madvapes.com/aro-pyrex-bottom-coil-tank.html

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Just wanted to throw this out there too. I saw someone say to ditch the cigalikes. What I'd do is hold on to them, so if someone you know shows an interest in vaping, you can pass them along, of course with a warning that they don't do the trick for most, but it's a good way to figure out if vaping would work for them :) I'm using a provari mini now and have converted a few smokers by passing on my njoy and ego batteries.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Just wanted to throw this out there too. I saw someone say to ditch the cigalikes. What I'd do is hold on to them, so if someone you know shows an interest in vaping, you can pass them along, of course with a warning that they don't do the trick for most, but it's a good way to figure out if vaping would work for them :) I'm using a provari mini now and have converted a few smokers by passing on my njoy and ego batteries.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed! I bought 2 cig a likes when I initially tried this all out and I passed one along and kept the V2 and coffee cartridges in case of emergency :) LOL I would take the V2 over a stinky at this point any day!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
It is typically nicotine that hurts/burns your mouth, tongue, throat (or even lungs w/ overuse).

High-PG (for example 70PG/30VG, or 80PG/20VG which is what I use) vapor lets the throat hit of nicotine and possibly the irritation through better. High-PG liquids are also thinner and flow well in almost all types of cartomizer, tank, cartridge. High VG liquids make more visible vapor, dull throat hit and flavor, flow too sluggishly for some setups.

Nicotine is a skin irritant especially if you get e-liquid on your lips or in your mouth. The nicotine in vapor can also irritant mainly at higher nicotine levels. if you are using a very high nicotine level you could try lowering it - you can always take a couple more drags to make up for it. Also don't overfill, keep the mouth end of your e-cigarette free of juice. If you get juice in or on your mouth or skin, wash it off. And try not to overdo - they can be a tendency to vape constantly...

Also drink plenty of liquids since vapor is drying.

Occasionally someone is actually allergic to PG but not that often. Hospitals use PG vapor to deliver inhaled medications, even to lung transplant patients.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Once you've been vaping for a while, you may even pick up the mini's again.

I was a pretty heavy smoker and probably couldn't have quit smoking/started vaping with them but now that I've been vaping for awhile and I'm over that cig addiction I'm fine with a mini. There are downsides because of battery life but I bring one when I'm out or shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread