What causes the VAPING/VAPOR to taste like burnt vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
I have been vaping for a year now. I used to smoke about 2 packs a day, so I vape frequently. I bought a Mega T Colesman Kit with a large battery charged, lasts me all day and I use the clear Colorado E-Smokes Pro Colesman Atomizer
(they are a large clear tank with a wick that you fill with juice) and screws onto the battery. The atomizers come with a one year warranty. The new "employee" will tell you these atomizers should last for a month. However, within 3 -5 days, the vaping starts to taste burnt and very unpleasant. They used to replace my atomizers, no questions asked. Now there is a new employee at the store and will not replace my atomizer because it still makes a hissing or cooking sound so he won't replace because the atomizer is "working". Well it's hissing/cooking, BUT the wicks are black, the taste is burnt and foul, and the hissing/cooking has become weaker meaning I have to hold the button down on the battery longer to get a vapor going. WHY does this happen? Does anyone know why the vapor is nice and smooth for a few days but then turns to a burnt taste?

I'm upset that this business claims to have the industry leading warranty and "stand behind our products with a one-year warranty against failure on all of or our products" however, when I need to replace my atomizer, they say it works so won't replace. Is there something I'm doing wrong? What can I do to make the atomizer work like it did for the first 3 days or so? How do I make the burnt taste go away since they won't replace? I feel scammed because I can't produce a pleasant vapor with this $25 atomizer and they won't replace - can it be fixed? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It sounds like the cartridge filler is burned, and unfortunately, there is no good way to get rid of that burnt taste.

Even more unfortunately, the more it sizzles, the worse the problem is going to get.

I won't say you've been scammed, but you did pay a lot for that system. What kind of threading does it take? It might be worth a call, email or visit to see if the battery takes other types of atomizers that don't require so much user maintenance.

Pstarsr

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
How the? How is the atomizer going to last a month? Let alone a year?

It sizzles because it is still getting hot, but the wicks are soiled. Does the warranty say they don't cover "wear and tear"

yzaze5ys.jpg

This is what it is right? ( googled searched it )

Looks like alot of another clearomizers, seems like ego threads too. I know your wanting to have a company stand behind its product, but you might either try buying replacement coils for a similar clearomizer or just buy a different clearomizer and stop using this company.

Although the voltage suggestion above could be part of it, burning the juice and turning it to sludge faster. But honestly, 1 week-2weeks of normal everyday use is my cut off for a coil. ( in my mini protanks ) then I remove, clean and save for next time.

vorm

Jul 25, 2013
Texas
That looks exactly like what places like Fasttech sell as a "CE4". They do not have replaceable heads and are meant to be disposable once the coils get bad. It starting to taste burnt/bad after 3 to 5 days of very heavy vaping sounds about right, especially if using darker juices. I just can't imagine a place selling those for $25.

Last edited:

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
Looks like you have what's commonly known as a CE4 clearomizer.

It's very common to have these get a buildup of burnt juice residue from anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the e-juice you use. Generally the darker the color the faster they gunk up.

Looks like it's the type where you can't change the atomizer coils. So first off I'd suggest you order some better priced and easier serviceable models.

Here's a clearo with 5 additional heating core heads... $5.31 with free shipping. Takes about 10-15 days to arrive from Hong Kong but you can't beat the price anywhere in the US. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1370004

Next a simple cleaning and dry burn may help your existing one that taste burnt.

Take the top off... rinse it out thoroughly with hot water. Fill it and rapidly shake out the water multiple times until it look pretty clean inside.

Find a pair of tweezers and pull off the white rubber cap from the top of the tube inside.

Rinse again with hot water and shake it out multiple times.

Let it sit for several hours to dry out.

Leave the top off and the rubber seal... attach it to a manual battery or passthrough device.

Hit the button and gently blow onto the coils for about 2-4 seconds.

Repeat this 4-6 times until the coils glow nice and bright.

Some people like to rinse again with hot water and let dry again. If you got time that's fine... if not replace the rubber seal, refill with e-juice, let sit a couple of minutes... Vape away. Taste should be back to normal again.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
Thanks Pstarsr! Yes, that's exactly what I use. The battery is not adjustable and not sure what it's voltage is. Lots of very good feedback from you pros. THANKS!

How the? How is the atomizer going to last a month? Let alone a year?

It sizzles because it is still getting hot, but the wicks are soiled. Does the warranty say they don't cover "wear and tear"

yzaze5ys.jpg

This is what it is right? ( googled searched it )

Looks like alot of another clearomizers, seems like ego threads too. I know your wanting to have a company stand behind its product, but you might either try buying replacement coils for a similar clearomizer or just buy a different clearomizer and stop using this company.

Although the voltage suggestion above could be part of it, burning the juice and turning it to sludge faster. But honestly, 1 week-2weeks of normal everyday use is my cut off for a coil. ( in my mini protanks ) then I remove, clean and save for next time.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
Thank you zahzoo! I will try this. I will also check into the link you sent. Appreciate your time and info.

Looks like you have what's commonly known as a CE4 clearomizer.

It's very common to have these get a buildup of burnt juice residue from anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the e-juice you use. Generally the darker the color the faster they gunk up.

Looks like it's the type where you can't change the atomizer coils. So first off I'd suggest you order some better priced and easier serviceable models.

Here's a clearo with 5 additional heating core heads... $5.31 with free shipping. Takes about 10-15 days to arrive from Hong Kong but you can't beat the price anywhere in the US. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1370004

Next a simple cleaning and dry burn may help your existing one that taste burnt.

Take the top off... rinse it out thoroughly with hot water. Fill it and rapidly shake out the water multiple times until it look pretty clean inside.

Find a pair of tweezers and pull off the white rubber cap from the top of the tube inside.

Rinse again with hot water and shake it out multiple times.

Let it sit for several hours to dry out.

Leave the top off and the rubber seal... attach it to a manual battery or passthrough device.

Hit the button and gently blow onto the coils for about 2-4 seconds.

Repeat this 4-6 times until the coils glow nice and bright.

Some people like to rinse again with hot water and let dry again. If you got time that's fine... if not replace the rubber seal, refill with e-juice, let sit a couple of minutes... Vape away. Taste should be back to normal again.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
Thanks for confirming what I thought to be true. 3-5 days! Employees are trained to say they should last a month. That's ridiculous because it doesn't depend on the atomizer, it depends on how much one VAPES. It is disposable, thus the warranty. For the past year, I would just exchange them out, so $24.95 for a year of replacements. However, recently, a new employee (very young, arrogant and inexperienced) is giving me a hard time when I come in to replace. He won't replace if it is making the hissing/cooking sound stating "It works." I get a lot of fast talk about how they "should be lasting longer", ect. This just happened recently, so if they continue to give me a hard time about replacing when the coils are bad and producing burnt vapor, I will change suppliers.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It's a CE4 aka Stardust non rebuildable. It was the very first clearomizer and has since been surpassed by many other rebuildable clearomizers. Here's a vid about cleaning it BUT I do NOT recommend pushing a QTip on to the coil as it may cause damage.
Washing cleans the tank and wick while dry burning turns the juice gunk on the coil into ash- rinse after dry burn.
Best of Luck.
P.S. that website is rebranding/ relabeling older vape gear and selling it at an extreme profit.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
The battery isn't adjustable so not sure what it's voltage is I've been vaping a year and have never had a problem getting my atomizer replaced. It's the new employee that has been trained to say things that are just not true. e.g. Because it's sizzling/cooking thus it works. Audacity to tell me I'm just want a NEW one. I debate w/him "why would I want NEW if mine works?" His answer "Because everyone wants something New." I told him NOT IF IT WORKS! It's not an accessory, lol! Also, e.g. They should last a month (which is ridiculous because it doesn't depend on the atomizer, it depends on how much one VAPES). It is disposable and $24.95 - thus the warranty. As long as they will exchange them out for a year then I don't mind paying $24.95. But if it's his word against mind, that's nonsense & I don't have time to debate, ect. I may look into getting a new set w/an adjustable voltage on the battery. Thanks for your time!

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
$25 but you supposedly get a one full year warranty. They always did replace, but recently a new young arrogant guy that really doesn't know what he is talking about, won't replace as long as it is sizzling/cooking because he says "It works!" Extremely naive. I called and emailed the owner and he emailed me saying:
"Unfortunately in some cases an atomizer issue may not be black and white and you may have a product that is not up to your standard but still working sufficiently as not be be covered by our replacement warranty."
My standard is just that it works and will vape properly!

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
It sounds like the cartridge filler is burned, and unfortunately, there is no good way to get rid of that burnt taste.

Even more unfortunately, the more it sizzles, the worse the problem is going to get.

I won't say you've been scammed, but you did pay a lot for that system. What kind of threading does it take? It might be worth a call, email or visit to see if the battery takes other types of atomizers that don't require so much user maintenance.

I did email the owner and his basic response was:

"Unfortunately in some cases an atomizer issue may not be black and white and you may have a product that is not up to your standard but still working sufficiently as not be be covered by our replacement warranty."

I never have had problems replacing these in exchange for a new one (1 year warranty) for the past year until he hired this new young arrogant kid who seems to think these should last 2 months (they last depending on how long one vapes, not on the unit!) and keeps saying "everyone wants something new". I'm just saying, "Nope, don't want something NEW, just want the warranty to be honored when it is absolutely burnt and no longer producing a pleasant vapor!" I'm tired of arguing and debating with the new young employee who is ridiculously naive.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
OH, that is an awesome demo. THANK YOU! I have just been using en eye dropper to add juice. Maybe that's clogging it? Don't know where to find a needle like that to put in under the centre hole. Do you know where I can get bottles w/needles/tips like that in the demo? THANK you again. Very useful information.

You're welcome. Many vendors sell "needle drop" bottles for about $1.00? Here's a search engine for vape shops:
Electric Cigarette|Eliquid|Supplies|Electronic Cigarette|Ejuice|Smokeless|Vapor Search USA
You're pretty close to Denver and here's a B&M shop:
http://www.cignot.com/
Brick & Mortar
1412 W 38th Ave
Denver, CO
--------------------
303-477-8273
monica@cignotcolorado.com
Cheers.

Edit:
Here are their clearomizers- considerably cheaper. Realize your battery can accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.
https://www.cignot.com/category_s/82.htm
Understand some of us get upset when we see Vendors preying on those of us with a life threatening addiction.

Last edited:

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
That looks exactly like what places like Fasttech sell as a "CE4". They do not have replaceable heads and are meant to be disposable once the coils get bad. It starting to taste burnt/bad after 3 to 5 days of very heavy vaping sounds about right, especially if using darker juices. I just can't imagine a place selling those for $25.

Thanks for confirming what I thought to be true. 3-5 days! Employees are trained to say they should last a month. That's ridiculous because it doesn't depend on the atomizer, it depends on how much one VAPES. It is disposable, thus the warranty. For the past year, I would just exchange them out, so $24.95 for a year of replacements. However, recently, a new employee (very young, arrogant and inexperienced) is giving me a hard time when I come in to replace. He won't replace if it is making the hissing/cooking sound stating "It works." I get a lot of fast talk about how they "should be lasting longer", ect. This just happened recently, so if they continue to give me a hard time about replacing when the coils are bad and producing burnt vapor, I will change suppliers.

SassySam

Jul 31, 2013
Arvada
You're welcome. Many vendors sell "needle drop" bottles for about $1.00? Here's a search engine for vape shops:
Electric Cigarette|Eliquid|Supplies|Electronic Cigarette|Ejuice|Smokeless|Vapor Search USA
You're pretty close to Denver and here's a B&M shop:
http://www.cignot.com/
Brick & Mortar
1412 W 38th Ave
Denver, CO
--------------------
303-477-8273
monica@cignotcolorado.com
Cheers.

Edit:
Here are their clearomizers- considerably cheaper. Realize your battery can accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.
https://www.cignot.com/category_s/82.htm
Understand some of us get upset when we see Vendors preying on those of us with a life threatening addiction.

Thanks, yes I agree. The owner says ""Unfortunately in some cases an atomizer issue may not be black and white and you may have a product that is not up to your standard but still working sufficiently as not be be covered by our replacement warranty."

I don't want to exchange "just to get a new one" as the new employee keeps accusing me of. I just want it to work and vape properly and pleasantly, as it should and they do not last longer than a week. I can post who it is, not sure if that is against the rules or not. I've been pleased with them exchanging them out until this new employee came on board.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That's why most of us have moved on to rebuildable clearos. If you're not into washing and/ or dry burning simply unscrew the clearo apart and replace the head (wick+ coil)- takes 10 secs and heads cost about $1.50- $2.00 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread