Smelling like "Vapor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
Many try to sell the e-cigarette as "odorless" but as we use it we learn that's not really true. Sure it doesn't completely reik like an analog cigarette but if you vap enough others will slightly notice it.

I took a quick shower in the early evening to revive myself for dinner plans and went to put my shirt back on and I could notice the vaper smell in it from the day's vaping.
It made me laugh when I think back to the original smokingeverywhere sales pitch that my clothes would never smell again. LOL

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Honestly, I haven't noticed much of an odor at all. However, I recognize that 30 years of smoking has probably destroyed my sense of smell, so I asked my husband, a rabid nonsmoker. He can't smell it on me, either. He says the only time he can smell anything is when I'm actually vaping near him, and even that quickly disappates.

But some e-juices are definitely heavier than others. I tend to smoke lighter, fruiter e-juices when I'm around my husband. He actually likes the JC peach cobbler scent. :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Honestly, I haven't noticed much of an odor at all. However, I recognize that 30 years of smoking has probably destroyed my sense of smell, so I asked my husband, a rabid nonsmoker. He can't smell it on me, either. He says the only time he can smell anything is when I'm actually vaping near him, and even that quickly disappates.

But some e-juices are definitely heavier than others. I tend to smoke lighter, fruiter e-juices when I'm around my husband. He actually likes the JC peach cobbler scent. :)

I have been e-vaping for going on 5 months and that is a question I always ask everyone--not one person has told me they can smell anything that lingers in the air from an e-cig.--Sun:)

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
I have been e-vaping for going on 5 months and that is a question I always ask everyone--not one person has told me they can smell anything that lingers in the air from an e-cig.--Sun:)
Well, I arrived at my brother's house before he got home the other day. I vap'd for a little bit before he got home. It was about 20 minutes between his coming home and my last vap. First words out of his mouth were, "Did you smoke something in here?"
I just lauged and said "no, not at all must be something wrong with your heating system."

So there goes my idea of vaping at my ultra-anti-smoking brother's home.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Well, I arrived at my brother's house before he got home the other day. I vap'd for a little bit before he got home. It was about 20 minutes between his coming home and my last vap. First words out of his mouth were, "Did you smoke something in here?"
I just lauged and said "no, not at all must be something wrong with your heating system."

I have vaped with the hardest of hard core anti-smokers and they can only smell a slight odor like a candle when I actually vap--but after it disapates they all say they can not smell anything--so he is busting your chops or it is in his head!!:) Sun

I vaped in a hard core ANTI smokers car one day (she said it was ok after she opened all the windows) and she said the next day her car smelled like bananas (was using Cash's Banana flavor) and it smelled better than her air freshner does and she likes banana so it would be ok for me to do it again lol!!!

I love the smell of the riskee juice when exhaled, but that doesn't leave much after smell. I think the more u smell it in the bottle, the more the vapor smells (that has been my experience).

gto

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
SoCal
I
I love the smell of the riskee juice when exhaled, but that doesn't leave much after smell. I think the more u smell it in the bottle, the more the vapor smells (that has been my experience).

My wifey says that one smells like skanky stripper perfume . . . & I'm like, how would you know that? Besides, Strippers smell of strawberries :p

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I thought that no liquid smelled until I was vaping RY4 in the office (secretly) and when the next person came in they said "It smells like cotton candy in here". I just said "really? I don't smell anything". So I thought hmm ok maybe it was something else....until it happened again with a different person. So yeah Riskee Juice does have a smell. No one has ever made a comment on my menthol yet.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
Yeah people are liars when they say these things have NO SMELL... But in truth. they have "just about" no smell heh... I mean sure if your nose is in front of my face when I exhale, your going to smell for sure. But it smells more like a hockey rink or a discotech (because those fog machines use the same technology) then smoke... And its bareable... Meaning you shouldnt really in your lifetime EVER get someone who will complain about the smell.. It doesnt linger much at all, and sure doesnt smell up the house any. That is, except for the chocolate flavors for some odd reason.

I bought a mirage e cig a few days ago and to be honest i was quite disappointed with the fact that the vapour smells quite strongly. The tobacco flavour tastes nothing like tobacco and i have to wash my hands after using it due to the horrible smell on my fingers. Is this just these specific cartridges or is it all tobacco flavours? I'm thinking of switching to menthol, at least if that lingers i'll smell minty fresh :p

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
My husband is super sensitive to cigarette smoke. It had gotten where I could not smoke anywhere near him. I now vape in the car without rolling down a window. He has never said anything about a smell. Of course as many of you know that when you smoked you could not even smell the cigarette smoke on yourself. I recently spent a week in the hospital and vaped constantly in my room. No one every said they could smell anything. I realize some of the flavors do leave that smell (like vanilla) but is usually a good smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread