Does anyone use the Blu ecig as their primary PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamQuitsCigz

May 6, 2013
DC
I got an eroll and a ego twist and I must say I love the convenience of the blu cig and the fact that they do not require so much attention like cleaning or changing the atty and refilling it with juice... am I the only one who uses his blu as his vaping tool?

It seems like blu got a Reallly bad rep in this forum and I dont get why people complain so much lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

SamZzz

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
TN
We (hubby and I) used blu for about two months before switching to egos. The main concern I had was the batteries. They kept dying on us.. not like dead and needs recharged, but dead and needs replaced. With hubby only home every other weekend I couldn't have him stuck out there on the road with one battery that would only go a few hours between charges... that's a stinky waiting to happen. So I got him a pair of ego batteries. They last a couple days each between charges so even if one does kill over, he can survive by charging the other while he sleeps. I literally have returned four blu batteries in the span of two months, one wouldn't even charge straight out of the box. Still have another waiting to go back when I get around to it. Cartridges were hit and miss. I had a hankering for some magnificent menthol the other day when my throat was hurting... opened a brand new box, removed sticker from carto, screwed onto blu battery and proceeded to puff nothing but mint scented air. No juice. No vapor. :/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I'm new to PV's, but have been loving my blu for just about a month now. I read tons of reviews and realized many of them were concerning their older hardware, and since the new starter pack is in the sub $40 range I decided to take the chance. I've never been an incredibly heavy smoker, and even then it's the physical act, not the nic, that's the basis for my habit. I've been getting 4 or more days from a prefilled blu carto, and with two bats, one's always charged before the other dies out. So far, so good, at least in my experience.

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
I purchased the new blu starter pack the other day. I'm just waiting for my empty 306 cartos to arrive. I haven't tried out the blu yet because I vape 0 nic and the kit doesn't come with 0 nic cartos & I'd rather fill my own. I'm using a Prime Vapor right now & they're just too big to carry with me. Looking forward to the convenience of the blu.

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
It seems like blu got a Reallly bad rep in this forum and I dont get why people complain so much lol

I used Blu as my primary for about 5 or 6 months. I had none of the problems others seem to have run into. The only reason I stopped using them is the nic level. Their high (other than disposables) is ~16mg; I much prefer 24. The temptation to grab a "real" cigarette was too much. I only used the Premium 100 which is only available online. All the equipment worked, flavors were good, vapor was good, the service was good. I still have the kit. If my Nic urges subside to a lower level I may look at them again.

Yes, I would go through a battery every 5 or 6 hours but that's why I had the PCC. Switching batteries a couple time a day didn't bother me. At my pace the 100 cartomizers would last through 2 batteries. At $10 a pop the disposables would cost me more than tobacco smoking (health considerations aside).

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
As you've no doubt found....or soon will.....the Blu carts will only last for 2-3 refills, then they're fried....
That's why Blu says they're "not intended to be refilled...."
I use Boge 510 blank carts and top them off as soon as I notice a change in taste....I can get 8-10 refills out of each..
At ~$1 a pop I find they do me well....when I'm out and about....
At home....it's eGo-c Twists and Protanks!!
Seems we think alike, though, on Johnson Creek....Tennessee Cured (100%VG, 24mg/ml) is my ADV!!!:D

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
I'm new to blu & I bought the Joye 306 carts. Not sure how many times you can fill them but they do fit on the batteries great & in the PCC so I'm happy. They hold quit a bit of juice but not sure how much since I have needle tips on my bottles & don't measure. They seem to last quite a long time. I just topped one off and it was too much so they hold more juice than I thought.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I tried to use them but the key for me was regulated voltage.With a Blu, as the battery gets weaker throughout the course of a couple of hours, the vapor gets weaker and weaker. I was charging those 808 batteries every couple of hours and the only hits that were satisfying were the first one or two on a fully charged battery.

Regulated voltage eliminates that and gives a vape thats more consistently like a cigarette. Ego Twists,Vision Spinners, the Volt V2, Provari and other variable voltage/wattage mods all offer regulated voltage as well.

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
Looking into Halo right now. I like the fact that it is made in the US. Not sure if I should go with the G2 or Triton first. There is a variable battery available as well. I'm also a little confused about coils I understand the basics of Ohm resistance but, not sure about which combination of battery, variable or otherwise, and coil would produce the best vapor.

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
I used the disposable ones when I first discovered vaping and while it did not satisfy me enough to quit smoking, I could see the potential. I found this board and read, read, read. Ordered a K-GO, (no VV kgo's back then), and when it arrived Brent kindly walked me through setting it up and I took my first hit and haven't had a cig since. That was over a year ago, at least.
I feel bad for people who see the Blu commercials, try them, and then go back to smoking, not knowing that if it doesn't have enough "kick" for you there are other options.
Since then I've moved on to various VV models.....and now I am venturing into DIY! wheee!

I owe a debt of gratitude to this board :)

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Looking into Halo right now. I like the fact that it is made in the US. Not sure if I should go with the G2 or Triton first. There is a variable battery available as well. I'm also a little confused about coils I understand the basics of Ohm resistance but, not sure about which combination of battery, variable or otherwise, and coil would produce the best vapor.

Jag - have you looked at the KGO VV that goes from 3 -6? The new and improved one is lovely - long battery life, works with 510 cartomizers, clearomizers, everything - and it is very user friendly. That was what I went to from the Blu. (although at the time it was not VV).

I don't know anything about the Halo, so I can't comment, but boy do I love my 11000 MAH Kgo. I know the hardcore mod people may look "down" on them, but they are perfect for me. Plus they are small enough that I can wear them on a lanyard and wear them to work :)

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
Jag - have you looked at the KGO VV that goes from 3 -6? The new and improved one is lovely - long battery life, works with 510 cartomizers, clearomizers, everything - and it is very user friendly. That was what I went to from the Blu. (although at the time it was not VV).

I don't know anything about the Halo, so I can't comment, but boy do I love my 11000 MAH Kgo. I know the hardcore mod people may look "down" on them, but they are perfect for me. Plus they are small enough that I can wear them on a lanyard and wear them to work :)
Thanks Shy One, I haven't made up my mind yet, so I will research into your suggestion. There are so many choices out there as you already know. I really appreciate your input!

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Oh my, I know....it can be overwhelming! But you will get lots of great advice here and just remember to think about what will work best for YOU :)

I also tried the Spinner but it only goes to 4 - hence the Kgo was a better choice for me. The spinner is still a great little VV battery - just didn't have enough power for me!

Just keep reading and you will find the right gear, I have no doubt!

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
Oh my, I know....it can be overwhelming! But you will get lots of great advice here and just remember to think about what will work best for YOU :)

I also tried the Spinner but it only goes to 4 - hence the Kgo was a better choice for me. The spinner is still a great little VV battery - just didn't have enough power for me!

Just keep reading and you will find the right gear, I have no doubt!
Seems like reading is what I'll be doing a lot of until I decide. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread