SmokTech E-pipe + Kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
So far I really enjoy using it...the form and size works for me. I don't mind carrying around the spare batteries in my pocket in case one dies. Previous to this I'd carry a couple of ego twist in my pocket which often broke. I do wish I could drop a kick in it though...I'm tempted to go into a machine shop to get a custom sleeve made.

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
Pretty Please?
extension ring - SMK-MA027
extension cap - SMK-MA028
Smok_E_pipe_vaporizer_mod_full_mechanical.jpg

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
18350 and a kick is pretty useless since the kick cuts out around 3.7v which an 18350 gets to that point very fast. I think I remember read the sigelei kick doesn't have the early cut off lime the evolv but could be wrong.

The Sigelei kick clone has a cutoff of about 3-3.2. The Smoktech kick clone about the same or a little higher. Both run longer.

Masonite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario
The Sigelei kick clone has a cutoff of about 3-3.2. The Smoktech kick clone about the same or a little higher. Both run longer.

I saw that the crown shuts off at 3. Any idea what the puff count difference would be between an insert that shuts off at 3.5 and one that shuts off at 3. I'm pretty green to this battery side of vaping. Before this I was just using ego twists.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
I saw that the crown shuts off at 3. Any idea what the puff count difference would be between an insert that shuts off at 3.5 and one that shuts off at 3. I'm pretty green to this battery side of vaping. Before this I was just using ego twists.

Maybe another 30-90 minutes not sure?
I like them all.

Hey all, just a few questions for those of you that have the Smoktech e-Pipe.

-Have any of you been able to use the Kanger Protank 2 on it?

-How are you supposed to know when the battery is depleted? I'm looking into getting one of these but I've always been afraid to use mechanical mods due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to check battery voltage remaining. Any suggestions on how to do so?

-Overall, is this device any good? I've got a Vamo V2, and I'm just looking for something to use when I'm not lugging around my giant Vamo. Did it live up to your expectations?

Andn one last thing I'm gonna throw out there just as a suggestion to those of you who own one of these, I would recommend a safety fuse just to stay on the safe side, here's a link to one from smoktech on discountvapers:
Smoktech Safety Fuse

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
My Smok kick cuts off around 3.6 to 3.4.

I've read on ECF that the NHaler Silencer (VV adapter) has a 3v cutoff?

Have any of you been able to use the Kanger Protank 2 on it?
Here's a photo of it with the Protank I. The Protank II should work as well.

How are you supposed to know when the battery is depleted? I'm looking into getting one of these but I've always been afraid to use mechanical mods due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to check battery voltage remaining. Any suggestions on how to do so?
You could take the battery out to test it as performance diminishes or use it with a device that has a cutoff, such as the NHaler Silencer. NHaler also has a chrome extender that might allow for use of a kick, which has a low voltage cutoff. (I have not used these products myself.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread