How many times can you reuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
The tank itself can be used until it is no longer usable, which could be months, depending on whether or not it falls, breaks, gets a crack, etc. I have a few EVODs that I have changed atomizers in countless times, bought them in March, still using them.

Not sure about the Protank, since I pretty much solely use Evods, but the tank part can last months and months (especially if you clean it weekly).

Hope that helps. I usually go through an atomizer in 2-4 weeks, with cleanings.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Not sure why you need more tanks for those, the only parts that generally need replacing after being used for a while are the coil heads, a five-pack is about $8 most places. The tanks don't wear out with any appreciable quickness unless you put a 'tank killer' juice into the Evods and damage them that way, or drop the PT and shatter the glass. Of course the PT2 has replaceable glass sections which are cheaper, I believe, than the entire PT itself.

Reroka

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Durham, North Carolina
I was just wondering. I do not need more tanks, I have the two that came with my kit and I bought 3 more for back up. I just wanted to know when I should start changing the tanks or when to start looking at buying new tanks.

Not sure why you need more tanks for those, the only parts that generally need replacing after being used for a while are the coil heads, a five-pack is about $8 most places. The tanks don't wear out with any appreciable quickness unless you put a 'tank killer' juice into the Evods and damage them that way, or drop the PT and shatter the glass. Of course the PT2 has replaceable glass sections which are cheaper, I believe, than the entire PT itself.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
The Protank II is a pyrex glass tank... so long as you don't drop and smash it, you can re-use it for as long as you want. If it does break, you can buy replacements for pretty cheap.

The part you'll need to replace more often are the heads which I'm pretty sure are the same ones for the evod.

As far as evod tank, sorry I can't say, never used one myself.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
If you want to vape tank eating juices like Pluid, get a protank. The evods have plastic tanks and some flavors will eat the tank(check the eliquid subforum for a list). I have several evods, all over 6 months old and no sign of them going bad any time soon. Both use the same heads. Personally, I'ed rather 4 evods rather than 1 protank so I can rotate flavors easily. If you only use 1 juice, splurge on a protank.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Yeah that helps, Then why waste money on another tank when I can just clean the ones I have and wait for them to fail before buing new ones. The only item I need to buy then are the cores since they seem to run out before the tank itself.

The good thing about these heads is that you can rebuild them. I only ever bought 1 replacement pack and just rebuild the heads. Only takes a few minutes and saves money in the long run.

I was just wondering. I do not need more tanks, I have the two that came with my kit and I bought 3 more for back up. I just wanted to know when I should start changing the tanks or when to start looking at buying new tanks.

Evods are cheap, buy as many as the amount of flavors in your rotation.

Reroka

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Durham, North Carolina
Good Advice,

No, i do not just use one. I have 6 or 7 different ones I like. Right now I am using two types of Juice in the tanks.

Thanks. So as long as I clean them out well with Hot water and rubbing achool they shold last for a while.

If you want to vape tank eating juices like Pluid, get a protank. The evods have plastic tanks and some flavors will eat the tank(check the eliquid subforum for a list). I have several evods, all over 6 months old and no sign of them going bad any time soon. Both use the same heads. Personally, I'ed rather 4 evods rather than 1 protank so I can rotate flavors easily. If you only use 1 juice, splurge on a protank.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
You can find the protank II for $16.95 at provape, come with 2 coil heads. best price for replacement coil heads is Discount Vapor, about $5 for a five pack. I have been able to use the same wick on a protank 2-3 weeks, rotating between 2 tanks. About 50ml of juice or so per coil. The tank itself you can use forever, that is till you break it or upgrade, but can get replacement parts for the PT II As long as you allow at least 15 minute of time for your wick to saturate, you'll have no problems with the PT. I loved mine when I was using them. Don't use them anymore. Same coil head for the eVod tank so should have similar results. eVod is smaller tank though, and I think it is plastic tank, so flavor will be influenced. Pt is glass clean taste able to use any juice without worries of cracking.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Personally, I'ed rather 4 evods rather than 1 protank so I can rotate flavors easily. If you only use 1 juice, splurge on a protank.

Definitely something to consider, I have a handful of juices and only one Protank I which makes changing flavors a bit of a hassle. Hence the ordering of the Protank II. It's pricier but still a great vape and very durable.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both the Kanger Evod and both versions of the Kanger Protank. Both use the same replaceable heads.

• The Evod has a 2 ml juice capacity, is made of polycarbonate plastic (not safe for all flavors), and is 1/3 the cost of a Protank. Has an eGo threading, so use on a 510 connector will require an adaptor.

• The Protank has a 2.5 ml juice capacity, is made of pyrex and stainless steel (safe for all flavors), and is 3 X the cost of the Evod. It has a native 510 thread, so it can be used on both eGo and 510 connectors.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Good Advice,

No, i do not just use one. I have 6 or 7 different ones I like. Right now I am using two types of Juice in the tanks.

Thanks. So as long as I clean them out well with Hot water and rubbing achool they shold last for a while.

Yep, that's what I do. Should last a long while if your rotating.

I have 6 evods, 4 for my regular juices, 2 for the flavors that make it past the dripper test. When I run out of juice and I'm out of the house, I just change tanks rather than bringing a bottle with me.

There good enough to leave my kayfun light at home. I rather loose a $5 atomizer than a $120 one.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
One of these days I'll build an SS mesh wick for my protank. Have oxidized mesh Left over from my latest hybrid build on the Russian. It's just the Russian is hitting so well that I don't want to even mess with the retired PT II, heck gave my pt 1 away to a friend. But it would be nice to use the small PT II tank for sampling new juices if I could get it to preform close to the level of the Russian does. Not likely but one can hope. But am in on a co-op purchase of the Rocket rba, another Kayfun clone, have dibs on 2 of those, and my Genesis I-Atty has been shipped, so in a couple weeks will be trying my first genesis build. Yeah the PT probably won't se the light of day anytime soon. lmao

josefmistal

Sep 12, 2013
Margate, Fl
Just dont chew on the plastic tip on the Kanger EVOD tanks and the last forever. I have a freind that chews his, no good. Other then that, or physically dropping it, they last forever. I change coils every week or 2 so far. Other then that check the 3 air holes in the base everytime you change the coil, they build up gunk and get clogged. I thought i was going to pass out all 3 were clogged with gummy stuff, built up ejuice and dirt i assume. I rinse mine out (the tanks) between juice changes too, nothing else really to do with them.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Good Advice,

NEVER USE RUBBING ALCOHOL = POISON. I use Ever-clear, but still rinse with water afterward and let dry good. I would never use any dangerous chemicals for cleaning. Just my :2c:

:vapor:

Reroka

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Durham, North Carolina
I would agree, but 10 dollars for 10 of them at my local shop. So I really do not mind buying them and using them till the die then replacing them. I am sure I could do it, but I am afarid that I would screw something up.

Protank or Protank II and learn to rebuild the coils and reuse is virtually unlimited.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I would agree, but 10 dollars for 10 of them at my local shop. So I really do not mind buying them and using them till the die then replacing them. I am sure I could do it, but I am afarid that I would screw something up.

You can do better than 10 for $10, but I hear you. I've stocked up on about 25 heads, and even though I've only rebuilt one so far, I'm not throwing away the old ones. You may decide late to get into rebuilding them. When I'm down to 5 new ones, I'll rebuild the other 20.

Also, along with cleaning them with hot water and Everclear (which I can't get in Ohio, so I use Vodka), learn the art of the dry burn to burn off residue and whatnot. I've popped coils doing this, but there's a learning curve.

I repeat: do not just throw away your spent atomizer heads - you may decide later to rebuild them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread