Tips for Triton Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Hello to all,

I'm about to start vaping and I'm thinking about getting a Halo Triton setup.

I'm planning to buy one of each:

1 Triton Variable Voltage Battery
1 Triton Tank
1 Triton USB charger
1 Mini wall charger
1 Tank Replacement Coil-- Coil Resistance 3.0 - 3.2 ohms
1 Tobacco Sample pack -- 24 mg/ml - High Nicotine

Am I missing anything crucial here? Will I need multiple tanks?

Regarding the nicotine level, my initial thought is to get the 24 mg/ml e-liquids! I smoke American Spirits Organics (full flavor), about 4-6 cigarettes a day. The quantity of cigarettes is not too bad but these cigarettes do pack a decent punch. I'd appreciate your thoughts regarding the compatibility of the nicotine level vs what I smoke.

I'm also little bit confused about the Triton tank. It has 2.4 ml capacity but it is suggested that the e-juice should be kept at 2ml level at all times. Some people say you don't have to... It sounds like one needs to twirl the setup around to keep the all length of the wicks fully wet. Is that right?

Or are there better alternatives to this tank system like wick less etc..?

Also, what's the best way to sample different e-juices with this setup? Do we need to fill up 2.4 ml, vape little bit, pour back the e-liquid into its container, clean the tank and repeat? Is it easy to pour the left over juice from the Triton tank to the Halo juice bottles? Or can we use G6 mini tanks or G6 blank cartomizers with the Triton VV battery for testing out the juices?

Thanks,

Chinook

Last edited:

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Besides what AngiBe said, you will not be successful with only one battery! Think of the charge time, that's when you will be most likely to fail and 'chip' an analog. Sure, you can say "I'll charge it every night, I will not vape enough to drain it before then', well, based on your 24mg choice I doubt that plan is foolproof. Also, Ang said more replacement coils, since you have to buy 5 at a time, I think one pack of replacements is enough for your first order. Good luck, Halo has worked for many of us.
The minitank fits on the Triton batt and is the easy way to start out testing juice.

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Thank you AngiBe and boxcarmike for your comments.

How about the Triton tanks and keeping the wicks wet? If you have at least some juice and twirl once in a while then it's not a hassle at all? Is 0.5 - 1 ml juice enough to keep the wicks wet?
Some of the TritonTwirl and tipping upside down works fine for me in those times that I can't top off the tank.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Hello to all,

I'm about to start vaping and I'm thinking about getting a Halo Triton setup.

I'm planning to buy one of each:

1 Triton Variable Voltage Battery
1 Triton Tank
1 Triton USB charger
1 Mini wall charger
1 Tank Replacement Coil-- Coil Resistance 3.0 - 3.2 ohms
1 Tobacco Sample pack -- 24 mg/ml - High Nicotine

Am I missing anything crucial here? Will I need multiple tanks?

Regarding the nicotine level, my initial thought is to get the 24 mg/ml e-liquids! I smoke American Spirits Organics (full flavor), about 4-6 cigarettes a day. The quantity of cigarettes is not too bad but these cigarettes do pack a decent punch. I'd appreciate your thoughts regarding the compatibility of the nicotine level vs what I smoke.

I'm also little bit confused about the Triton tank. It has 2.4 ml capacity but it is suggested that the e-juice should be kept at 2ml level at all times. Some people say you don't have to... It sounds like one needs to twirl the setup around to keep the all length of the wicks fully wet. Is that right?

Or are there better alternatives to this tank system like wick less etc..?

Also, what's the best way to sample different e-juices with this setup? Do we need to fill up 2.4 ml, vape little bit, pour back the e-liquid into its container, clean the tank and repeat? Is it easy to pour the left over juice from the Triton tank to the Halo juice bottles? Or can we use G6 mini tanks or G6 blank cartomizers with the Triton VV battery for testing out the juices?

Thanks,

Chinook

Welcome to the wild and helpful world of Halo Nation! Lets back up for a moment if we could please:

More bang for the buck and more of what you really need to get started like this:

Triton Tank System Starter Kits | Halo Cigs

Then also get your coils and sample pack. This is a great way to get started and you also have the necessary "extras" that our resident Vaper Queen and my fellow Vegas Geek Boy have pointed out.

EDIT: Total cost $102.48

Good luck!

:rickroll:

Last edited:

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Well, I just sent my order... I considered the kits but the charge ratings of those batteries were lower. I ended up ordering one VV battery and two Triton tanks, high ohm coils, two chargers and the tobacco sampler.

I invested two and a half months of cigarette money into this. I hope it pays off...

Next step is to convince my girlfriend for me to vape inside, in front of the window with the fan turned the other way blowing towards outside :)

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
As far as loading multiple tanks and keep the wicks wet...Triton tanks are way better than most in the fact they don't leak..at least I've never had one leak. I keep the batts w/tanks and the tanks that are loaded and read to go ALL stored laying in a flat upward angle on my vape "station". This way, at least one wick is constantly staying soaked. Other tanks have to be stored upright and with a top coil, you don't keep the wicks wet that way.

I also load a tank, lay it sideways for around 20-30 minutes and let the wicks get wet. Getting a dry or burnt hit is nasty..

Here's a pick, but the dang thing is rotated...

View attachment 252619

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
As far as loading multiple tanks and keep the wicks wet...Triton tanks are way better than most in the fact they don't leak..at least I've never had one leak. I keep the batts w/tanks and the tanks that are loaded and read to go ALL stored laying in a flat upward angle on my vape "station". This way, at least one wick is constantly staying soaked. Other tanks have to be stored upright and with a top coil, you don't keep the wicks wet that way.

I also load a tank, lay it sideways for around 20-30 minutes and let the wicks get wet. Getting a dry or burnt hit is nasty..

Here's a pick, but the dang thing is rotated...

Wow, you got quite the setup there. Thanks for the tips. I downloaded your picture and rotated it. Nice! Here it is:

image.jpg

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Besides what AngiBe said, you will not be successful with only one battery! Think of the charge time, that's when you will be most likely to fail and 'chip' an analog. Sure, you can say "I'll charge it every night, I will not vape enough to drain it before then', well, based on your 24mg choice I doubt that plan is foolproof. Also, Ang said more replacement coils, since you have to buy 5 at a time, I think one pack of replacements is enough for your first order. Good luck, Halo has worked for many of us.
The minitank fits on the Triton batt and is the easy way to start out testing juice.

I'm not sure if you read what my fellow and very talented GEEK BOY said as quoted above. What will you due when your VV bat is depleated? You have no backup for a quick switch. No interruption. Period. A quick switch and your good to go with two bats in the starter kit. Use one bat and charge the other at the same time which prevents any down time and is SOP. If you wish, you can call Halo and change your order.

I still wish you the best of luck.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
:blink:

I was avoiding this thread, because I already answered your Q's in another forum...

The 3.2 Ohm coils are low power coils, and mostly favored by menthol fans. The standard coil is 2.2-2.4, and many people prefer the LR (Low Resistance) 1.8 Ohm coils for a warmer experience, for tobacco or desert flavors. Personally, I think the 2.2-2.4 make the tank tip warm enough.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
I'm not sure if you read what my fellow and very talented GEEK BOY said as quoted above. What will you due when your VV bat is depleated? You have no backup for a quick switch. No interruption. Period. A quick switch and your good to go with two bats in the starter kit. Use one bat and charge the other at the same time which prevents any down time and is SOP. If you wish, you can call Halo and change your order.

I still wish you the best of luck.

Thanks again. I'm hoping that I won't need to vape that often :) I only smoke 4-5 cigarettes a day. Also these VV batteries sounded good. If I need to, I'll have to order another VV battery.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
:blink:

I was avoiding this thread, because I already answered your Q's in another forum...

The 3.2 Ohm coils are low power coils, and mostly favored by menthol fans. The standard coil is 2.2-2.4, and many people prefer the LR (Low Resistance) 1.8 Ohm coils for a warmer experience, for tobacco or desert flavors. Personally, I think the 2.2-2.4 make the tank tip warm enough.

Thanks! I think I've been frantically posting, asking questions and also changing my mind :)

I think I posted about the coils resistance but now that I decided to get the Triton VV battery, the only proper choice seems to be the 3.0-3.2 Ohm coil. This is what they recommend on Halo's site.

Last edited:

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Well, let's see how I'll fare with this setup. I probably spend 30 mins smoking a day. I don't want to use this more than 1 hour a day. Last thing I need now is another addiction :)

Meanwhile, I need to ease my girlfriend into the looks of this setup -- it'll be a nice surprise to her :)

Did anyone try the Triton setup in public places, like in front cafes etc? I can kind of imagine the looks people might give...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread