What atomizer produces the best taste and most vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course any vapor would recommend an RDA on a mech mod. if you arent ready for a mech mod, i suggest a VV, VW device. my fav for the price was the itaste MVP; it has a huge battery, can recharge your devices, and has a puff counter. i would recommend the provari, but ive yet to buy one cuz of the price. if you feel ready for a mech mod, buy a cheap fasttech mod; it takes for ever to deliver but its worth the wait in price. they have chi you clone mods that are 1/8-1/4 of the price and work damn near the same (i succumbed to paying $400 when they first came out, and the clone was near the same).

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Would love to hear some of your guys' opinions on this one. I've only tried 5 different types of atomizers, so far the best is the eCa on the eVic, but sometimes it seems to get a plastic taste from the liquid tank.

I don't know the eCa. You asked about atomizers, but if it has a tank is it really a clearomozer you are refering to? A link to it would be good. What others have you tried?

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
everybody always says rebuildables, but if you want something more plug-and-play, check out an hh357 from avid vapor. as far as pre-built drip atty's go, it's the best.

^ This, while I agree that an RDA is best for an experienced user, you can't just tell everyone to go build their own coils and expect the same results. Dripping attys do the samething as an RDA only it's been professionally built and for someone new to dripping to try.

I don't know the eCa. You asked about atomizers, but if it has a tank is it really a clearomozer you are refering to? A link to it would be good. What others have you tried?

Here is a link to the eCa, they have a type A and type B, only difference is the look: Joyetech eVic Changeable Atomizer ( ECA Kit Type A ) - EVcigarettes.com

Also, I bought an RBA, not an RDA, the smoktech RSST, bought 400 SS mesh and 32 gauge kanthar wire. My first set up worked well, but the airhole is too small and in PBusardo's youtube review of it he recommended drilling the airhole out to the size of the AGA T, but didn't mention how many millimeters that is. I also bought a torch to oxidize the mesh and watched a few videos on how to properly oxidize the mesh. After my first set up, it worked well, but after a few hours of vaping it got a burnt taste. A person at an E-Cig store recommended I replace the wick. I did so, as well as the wire, but it seemed there were hot spots, and for the life of me I couldn't get it to glow uniformally. I'm very new to RBAs and I've never worked with this sort of stuff so I didn't expect it to work perfectly, but I'm kinda bummed that I can't get it to work properly.

Anyway, what would you guys suggest is the best RDA and mech mod set up? I'm not even sure what a mech mod means lol. And, $400 for one? Wow, they must be pretty cool. The most expensive mod I've seen is the innokin iTaste 134. Really cool look but lots of other limitations. I've seen it priced from $140 to $170.

do you have a set up you could show me Cr0tchF4i ?

I think I am doing something wrong when oxidizing the wick. Or maybe 60%PG and 40%VG isn't right for an RBA? I have so many questions when it comes to vaping lol.

Thanks guys

-Malazan

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
SS mesh changes to the flavor of the juice all together, for an absolute clean juice cotton or nothing. That's just my opinion but ask the hundreds of builders making micro coils wrapped in cotton. If you want a clean juice without anything getting in between the flavor then I wouldn't recommend any tank with a replaceable anything. Try the dripping route if you like it do some research and try an RDA.

Last edited:

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
SS mesh changes to the flavor of the juice all together, for an absolute clean juice cotton or nothing. That's just my opinion but ask the hundreds of builders making micro coils wrapped in cotton. If you want a clean juice without anything getting in between the flavor then I wouldn't recommend any tank with a replaceable anything. Try the dripping route if you like it do some research and try an RDA.

I doont like SS mesh, have tried using it several times and fallowed lots of vids and it always taste bad to me. Peaches and cream 100% cotton taste awesome

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
hey vapo jam, if I were to buy this hh357, could you tell me a little bit about the various options at this link:

Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

That would be really helpful.

I'm watching PBusardo's video about it here:

A PBusardo Review - Cisco, the HH.357, & My Life As A Dripper - YouTube

Thanks,

-Malazan

no problem -

first option:
you want 510; this is what will fit on your evic. standard or long barrel is just the length of the atty - i think long is about the length of a cartomizer, and standard is about half that length. the long barrel will have a cooler vape than the standard barrel due to the increased length.

second option:
color, obviously personal preference.

third option:
i like the 2-2.5 ohm resistance - for me, these are the most versatile on a vv/vw mod. higher resistance (3 ohm) basically has the same effect as turning down the voltage, and vice versa for lower resistance.

fourth option:
drip atty's are typically primed with pg/vg from the factory to keep them moist (which i believe keeps them from getting damaged, but not sure). for the best results, i think you're supposed to get the atty primed with a similar blend to what you tend to use most, so if you like mostly pg-heavy liquids, get it primed with pg.

all that being said, i'd recommend one of the non-custom hh357's:

HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

they're almost exactly the same (depending on the options you select, they could be exactly the same), but they're $3 cheaper and usually are delivered much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread