Marketing strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaptear

Moved On
Sep 17, 2013
I would like to ask if way you smoke E-cigs is because of health our cost.. I see a lot of marketing claiming vapeing is cheaper then smoking. For me I seem to spend more vapeing then smoking.

On my truck route one of my stops was a indian reservation that is ware I got my smokes I got a 200+ bag of smokes for $13 no tax.

So for me it was for my health..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Hard do understand exactly what you're saying but......

I did it for cost,health and smell.

You can save a lot of money using ecigs, i've found that many don't though (by there own choosing). I however spent 65 bucks a month on cigs @ 5.25 per pack. I allow myself to spend $15-20 per month on supplies (Minus the initial $100~), I USE about $6 worth of supplies each month. I've only been vaping for 3.5 months so i'm still building up my stash, once I get set i'll be spending less than $10 per month. Fwiw, I get everything from ft.

I broke even in 1.5 months and am up over 125 bucks so far.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
"bag of cigarettes"? What part of that sounds, ah... wrong?

Typical cost saving, after you get all your mods and toppers dialed in, is for me, cheaper than smoking. Add in the addiction to more mods and toppers, and it works out about the same... and some months, maybe more. OK, most months... every month? ;-)

"So... how much did you say that Caravela is going to cost?"... :blink: ... Not a problem.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I guess I did it for health; although, it was like a subconscious reason for doing so. I thought about the potential savings, but quickly found that in order for it to replace my smoking habit, it almost HAD to become a hobby. I am not really spending a whole lot on mods (I have a vamo and MVP), but that may change in the near future. I have a decent collection of RDA's, tanks, and other delivery devices and enough wick and wire to last about a year, but I have an addiction to trying new juices and there are SOOOO many vendors out there. I may end up saving a little bit of money in the long run, but the fact that I can get out and play football with my son's is enough of a reward for me! :D

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I did it for money,,,,,,,

and I do save.

I used to spend 75.00 a week on cigarettes,,,,,,,

now I spend 75.00 a month on E-cigarette supplies, and that counts the hardware I've bought.

It's fixing to go down too,,,,,,,,,I used to pay for my youngest's e-cig supplies, but she's recently married and going off on her own,,,,,,,so I won't need to buy nic anymore (I vape 0mg), and my supplies should cut in half.

woop,,,,,,,,,,time for a provari! :D

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Both. But for me, it also had to be a cost effective way of quitting, a criterion than none of the other methods had met.

Gum, patches and lozenges were more expensive and didn't work. The medications were going to be more expensive and the side effects would have driven me batty.

This is the only cost effective method I have tried and I'm certain that it's better for my health than smoking.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
That bring back memories. I'm originally from Hollywood, FL and I remember my dad driving with me in towe to the outskirts of the Indian reservations to go to one of those drive through trailers to pick up a carton. Little did I know that once I got older I'd be doing the same.

Try to factor in the savings from medical costs due to smoking related illness.

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Tennessee, USA
That bring back memories. I'm originally from Hollywood, FL and I remember my dad driving with me in towe to the outskirts of the Indian reservations to go to one of those drive through trailers to pick up a carton. Little did I know that once I got older I'd be doing the same.

Try to factor in the savings from medical costs due to smoking related illness.

I remember going to the reservations on sterling or Sheraton

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I would like to ask if way you smoke E-cigs is because of health our cost.. I see a lot of marketing claiming vapeing is cheaper then smoking. For me I seem to spend more vapeing then smoking.

On my truck route one of my stops was a indian reservation that is ware I got my smokes I got a 200+ bag of smokes for $13 no tax.

So for me it was for my health..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I used to get ciggs at Indian reservation ( although not in a bag)

but I assumed that the marketing claims pertained to retail prices didn't you?

besides I enjoy this a whole lot more

in fact I did not enjoy the analogs much at all
just addicted

I also enjoy not coughing up a ton of phlegm each day as well

well worth the cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread