Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I would have to say REO for sure.
If you're used to mechs and RBAs, the REO + RM2 will be perfect!

These things are flippin tanks! They take any beating you give them, and keep on going. And, for something like a Grand, cleaning it is as simple as removing the battery and running it under water.
The Reomizer 2 is super easy to build. Using that with a sub-ohm micro coil and cotton wick is the best vaping experience I've had to date!

ETA: With the purchase of a REO, you get an all-access pass to REOville (okay, you can access now anyway Reos Mods )
But, it is a collection of some of the most helpful people on ECF and all obsessed with REOs! :D

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Well, let me speak for the ProVarinati, then.

The REO is a very nice device, so this is no criticism of the REO.

The ProVari is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship made right here in the USA. The device is milled and produced to military specs. Just feeling a ProVari in your hand, you understand why you bought it. It is rugged, it is the most precise VV mod available, it is backed by a one year warranty from the manufacturer, and Provape provides a lifetime of reasonably priced service. The rare service I read about costs roughly 20 dollars and is shipped, repaired, and returned to the owner in about a week. The ProVari delivers the exact voltage you ask for from the first puff to the last. The device is made of stainless steel and there are dozens of stories of them being dropped, kicked, thrown, etc. Almost always, the ProVari is picked up and works just fine. The threading won't let you down like other mods, too. I have yet to read a single story of a stripped ProVari threading.

The folks in the ProVari sub forum are quite friendly, too. We don't have many repairs or technical issues to discuss, so we talk about music, bacon, tacos...you name it.

Both mods are good choices. The ProVari is just a little better for me.

6c348537-741d-4e21-b1b2-345ae53b3fd0_zps499a20d6.jpg

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
RDA are favorite but use anything that looks good on device also use carto tank for consistency wen out and about

Rm2s are a good rebuildable with the reo. You can look up videos on it to see if it's for you. Carto tanks are really not ideal for the Reo. You'd have to get a 510 to 510 adapter for it and it would be a bit silly.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Cheers! I hsve to say thst you & I were in the same exact situation when I sprung for my first ProVari.
No doubt theres many good products available, however I did get tired of dropping or sitting on them and spending brass ($)
to replace what ever Id accidentally knocked off a desk onto the floor. I added up what Id spent ($) and it more than set me up
w/ProVari & accessories. Im happy and it has fallen over! Its heavy on a lanyard...I may consider the mini w/extender tube next.
You'll find it quite difficult to find an unhappy PV owner! :)

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Reo has juice bottle for fast loading of bottom fed atties right. That would eliminate need for carto tank for consistency issue or am I not understanding the reo setup

You're understanding it just fine. That's how they work. Squeezing the bottle shoots the juice up into the atty. It's basically all-day, one-handed, hassle-free dripping.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have had both. I have no issues with Reo, except that bottom feeding was not for me. Cartos, attys, or RBAs were not good choices for me, as I really do prefer carto tanks. Both Reo and ProVari are well made devices that have many fans.

I work in a factory, and my concerns about taking my PV there were battery protection (it gets hots there) and breakage. I take a ProVari mini with a carto tank, some extra batteries, cartos, and juice. Never had an issue.

Both would work, it comes down to which you prefer.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I just had to make this same choice,,,they are absolutely BOTH excellent products, and I don't think you can go wrong with either one,,,,However, I chose the Provari to buy first, because I wanted the VV. There IS a VV REO, but the from what I've seen, you have to stack batteries in it, which means being really GOOD about pairing them, etc,,,,,,,,I know I'm too lazy for that,,,,,,,,,

after the provari, though,,,,,,,I do plan on getting a regular REO.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
It should be obvious which I like but it really comes down to tube mod or the best box mod imo. I have nothing to say negative about the Provari because anything I'd say would come from ignorance since I never owned one. They have a huge fan base so if I were to get a tube mod (which I won't since Im a box mod guy) I'd for sure seriously consider a Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread