Amount of nicotine actually inhaled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballinbyn4tur3

Feb 22, 2010
ny
Hello, I am new to this forum but have been an avid vaper and visitor of this forum for a while. I am highly satisfied with the whole system but after vaping a few types of e liquid I was wondering how much nicotine you actually get from them.

I like to drip directly on my atomizer and usually do about 2 drops each time to refill it. Right now I use Johnson Creek Vanilla smoke juice in 24mg strength. Ive figured out I get 44 drops per ml of smoke juice averaging about 1 mg of nicotine per refill. Im planning on going to a 11mg juice because I am aware nicotine has some adverse effects on your body, particularly your blood vessels.

I know there are about 10mg of nicotine in a regular cigarette and you absorb about 2 mg after inhaling it. What I would really like to know is how much of this nicotine do you actually inhale from the vapor and how much is actually being absorbed into my body. I've looked around but there doesnt seem to be any studies of this.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello, I am new to this forum but have been an avid vaper and visitor of this forum for a while. I am highly satisfied with the whole system but after vaping a few types of e liquid I was wondering how much nicotine you actually get from them.

I like to drip directly on my atomizer and usually do about 2 drops each time to refill it. Right now I use Johnson Creek Vanilla smoke juice in 24mg strength. Ive figured out I get 44 drops per ml of smoke juice averaging about 1 mg of nicotine per refill. Im planning on going to a 11mg juice because I am aware nicotine has some adverse effects on your body, particularly your blood vessels.

I know there are about 10mg of nicotine in a regular cigarette and you absorb about 2 mg after inhaling it. What I would really like to know is how much of this nicotine do you actually inhale from the vapor and how much is actually being absorbed into my body. I've looked around but there doesnt seem to be any studies of this.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Because of the subjective factors of the ecig method itself, each individual's method of inhalation and how each body would absorb nicotine, I know of no definitive studies that could even give a good estimate on this. Many have conjectured on the idea. Try searching "nicotine absorption" and you'll get some layman's ponderings on the subject.

The best way (and expensive) would be to get a doctor to agree to do tests after you vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread