Breakthrough on transitioning difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
I've had a few threads over the past 8 weeks that I started vaping about the issues I was having with stopping analogs entirely. The first couple of weeks I kept decreasing then I was back up to 1 PAD. Given I started at 50 analogs per day, this was still Good News. Over the past 12 days, I'm now almost off analogs entirely - I've had 18 in 12 days. (Blows my mind to think of that!)

I vape 80% 12 mg and 20% 24 mg. But with chain vaping, or so I thought, I was still having issues with transitioning.

I had guesstimated I was having 2-3 ml a day. But tonight after a discussion with someone, I actually went through all 20 bottles I have (and counted 2 I completely finished), looked at how much was in the 8 attys I have.... and figured out that...

in 8 weeks - exactly 56 days - I've had 42 ml of liquid. This is less than 1 ml a day.

I'm not sure how that is even possible, but those numbers are accurate within a couple percentage points. I don't take big draws so I guess chain vaping for me must be different than for others.

I have a decent-sized juice order coming next week... so if I keep at this rate, I may have enough juice on hand to last me a year lol

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
AND you are saving a TON of $.
You are doing great I'd say. I transitioned for several months before ditching the analogs for good. Though I needed to stay at a really high nic mg for a while to cope. It's not easy we know.

Thanks! Yup, I hit $750 saved a couple days ago AFTER all vaping expenses. I've gotten an ego kit with 2 batteries, itaste mvp and the attys/juices I mentioned.

Thanks for the encouragement!

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Unless there are outside circumstances of you quitting tobacco, don't ride yourself so hard with deadlines and such. Funny, I just posted in another thread regarding 12-step meetings and vaping, and I just have to say this...one day at a time.:)

Thanks... it's just a matter of wanting it done and over with. Right now, way too much brain space is devoted to analogs. I'm sooo close, I want the cord cut. I'll check out that thread!

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Great, but as we say here "have backups for your backups".
A couple of weeks ago I really was glad to follow this advise when my backup didn't work while I was away from home. Thank goodness for my third devise! Better safe than sorry.

Ha.. absolutely. One of my egos died on me and it had already been hard enough not having passthrough with 2 batteries and always forgetting to charge the one I wasn't using! That's how I ended up getting the MVP. I'm getting a 5 pack of ego likes from FT - dirt cheap. Multicolored so I can easily track/rotate difference juices. When I'm at 1k saved, getting another itaste (smaller one than MVP but forget the model name - it's on V3). I probably won't stop getting more stuff, but as long as my savings keep going up - I'm thrilled!

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Everyone's journey is a bit different. Like I said in another thread of yours. Awesome news and glad you're working things out.

It is a bit shocking when you have some success lol. I too never thought I would ever rid myself of cigarettes in my life. Rock on Sharon!

Thanks! The shock has been how painless this has been. But I'm just sooo close right now. lol

Vape on!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Sharon this is a pretty common issue. It really appears you used to smoke a lot, and aren't vaping enough. There is no formula out there that says equivocally "I smoke x much, so that equals x much vaping." But 1 ml a day at mostly 12 mg to kick a 2.5 PAD habit... I would hazard an educated guess that that isn't gonna do it.

I don't know what your vaping habits have turned out to be like, but I have said it a bazillion times: vaping isn't smoking. You don't get those instant rushes and buzzes off vaping that you do with smoking. Chasing cravings with vaping usually doesn't work out well. It's akin to trying to quit with the Nic-O-Gum - by the time you realize you are having a craving fit it's too late to start chewing.

What I'm getting at is it's hard for some people to figure out the pacing of vaping. The auto pilot habits we had when smoking don't apply here. There is no "start" a cigarette leading to "finish" it. Unless you pick up a PV and press a button every time it doesn't do a thing for you. A pattern of a few hits here, and then put it down for an hour or two, seldom works for someone trying to quit smoking. You actually have to work at vaping enough. It's not the "natural" experience you have been used to with smoking. I hope that makes sense to you.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
What I'm getting at is it's hard for some people to figure out the pacing of vaping. The auto pilot habits we had when smoking don't apply here. There is no "start" a cigarette leading to "finish" it. Unless you pick up a PV and press a button every time it doesn't do a thing for you. A pattern of a few hits here, and then put it down for an hour or two, seldom works for someone trying to quit smoking. You actually have to work at vaping enough. It's not the "natural" experience you have been used to with smoking. I hope that makes sense to you.

Yup, it makes sense. I guess the big revelation for me was actually seeing how little I was vaping. I had assumed since I put "some" in an atty maybe 5 times a day - it was about 2.5 or so ml typically. Apparently my refill isn't as much as I thought!

Well I'm going to up juice intake a bit more... I know higher nic isn't the answer. I have trouble doing more 24 mg than I do now.

Thanks!

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Make sure you keep the nic mg as high as you need. You can lower it after the anaolgs are gone.
I find the higher mg, the less I need to vape.

My ADV (pretty much) is butterscotch. Have it in 12 and 24 mg. Can't do more at 24 mg than I do now. I sometimes will mix 50/50 but when I'm at that point 18 mg bugs me as much as 24 mg. Even though I smoked a lot, I was on ultra light 100's. So 50 of them was about a pack of reds nic-wise.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Hi Sharon. Wow you're doing great! So glad you've been able to work through the tough time you were having. Do you know the resistance of the atty or catomizers you are using? I think the lower your resistance is the more juice you will use. Lower resistance runs hotter, producing more vapor.

Thanks Tracey! For attys - have stardust/ce4s (not sure of resistance for any of those) and iClear 30's (2.0 ohm). Don't really care for the iClear's though - metal tips aren't good on cold days haha

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I've had a few threads over the past 8 weeks that I started vaping about the issues I was having with stopping analogs entirely. . .I have a decent-sized juice order coming next week... so if I keep at this rate, I may have enough juice on hand to last me a year lol

I smoked tobacco for more than 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping around 3 years ago. Did "Double Duty" for around 6 months, then no cigs since. I became concerned I might be vaping too much cinnamon. Left it out of my next DIY batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd also left the nicotine out of that batch. Decided. . .Who needs it! Continued on vaping 50/50 PG/VG, about 15 mL day. Feb 6th I was taken to the hospital emergency ward, (not vape related). They kept me 10 days, out for 2, then back in again for another 12 days. The first Doc needed more practice, wasn't very good at surgery she did. Now I'm giving all my vaping stuff to family members that still smoke. I had like gallons of PG & VG, and tanks & clearo's by the gross. Believe me. . .if I can quit. . .anybody can. Good Luck with your quit.

Cheers,
otrpu

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
I smoked tobacco for more than 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping around 3 years ago. Did "Double Duty" for around 6 months, then no cigs since. I became concerned I might be vaping too much cinnamon. Left it out of my next DIY batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd also left the nicotine out of that batch. Decided. . .Who needs it! Continued on vaping 50/50 PG/VG, about 15 mL day. Feb 6th I was taken to the hospital emergency ward, (not vape related). They kept me 10 days, out for 2, then back in again for another 12 days. The first Doc needed more practice, wasn't very good at surgery she did. Now I'm giving all my vaping stuff to family members that still smoke. I had like gallons of PG & VG, and tanks & clearo's by the gross. Believe me. . .if I can quit. . .anybody can. Good Luck with your quit.

Cheers,
otrpu

Congratulations! Ultimately my goal is to be off vaping too, but one step at a time. I'm sorry about the s*** health issues and hope you are doing better now!

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey congrats Sharon. I just quit smoking lastnight, almost 30hrs ago, and have been vaping like a madman for about 20 of those hours. Ive using 24 and 16 nic levels from two different clearos. Ive only filled each twice today, one is 2.5 and the other is 3 I think. Ill also add I was testing the flavors I got as samples so my numbers are alittle off.

Good luck stayin off em! As Im finding out, everyone here has been very very supportive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread