Kanger vs Joytech (batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I would like to get some input on what others think of these two companies when it comes to batteries. I have used the Joytech eGo-C batteries and am wondering how the Kanger EVOD batteries compare to these.

Are they equal? If not why?

It is my understanding that they are both 510 threaded correct?

thanks in advance for any info

They are both ego/ 510 thread. They are essentially the same. Main difference to you is the button. I would think joyetech are slightly better quality and the cost A premium for it too. I have a couple cheap riva 650 bats that are 10 months old and work fine they were only 12.00 a
Piece.

What would make you think that joyetech is better than kanger? simply the fact that there seem to be more of them on the market?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I have read A lot over the year. Joyetech is the standard. That all others try to immulate, and highest qc. Kanger had a major recall due to major safety concerns a few months back. Search the forum. I'm sure others would agree joye is top of the mark. Anyone else care to chime in on this.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have Kanger Evod batteries and they are solid performers. IMHO, the capacity rating is conservative. I have 1100mAh batteries that need a charge before my Evod 900's do.

The button is almost flush with the body on the Kanger battery, so it takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, there's no problem. Good quality construction which is typical Kanger.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I have read A lot over the year. Joyetech is the standard. That all others try to immulate, and highest qc. Kanger had a major recall due to major safety concerns a few months back. Search the forum. I'm sure others would agree joye is top of the mark. Anyone else care to chime in on this.

Actually ALL JoyTech products are clones of other PVs. Originators of JT products are Janty and Ovale. In regards to the diff- JoyTech eGo batts fire @ 3.3 volts while Kangers fire @ 3.7 volts. Long before Kanger batts came out I always preferred the Kgo/ Riva batts as they also fire @ 3.7 volts. My 1 1/2 yr old Kgos still hold a full charge and fire great.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Actually ALL JoyTech products are clones of other PVs. Originators of JT products are Janty and Ovale. In regards to the diff- JoyTech eGo batts fire @ 3.3 volts while Kangers fire @ 3.7 volts. Long before Kanger batts came out I always preferred the Kgo/ Riva batts as they also fire @ 3.7 volts. My 1 1/2 yr old Kgos still hold a full charge and fire great.

The Joytech batteries are regulated. The Kgo/Riva doesn't fire at 3.7 volts throughout the charge.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Good point about the Kanger voltage. I forgot about that.

However, I have some Ego clones that also fire at 3.7, verified on my multimeter. It actually measured at 3.6, but it wasn't fully charged.
Good to hear they fire @ 3.7 volts and thank you.
The Joytech batteries are regulated. The Kgo/Riva doesn't fire at 3.7 volts throughout the charge.
You're right. They fire @ 3.7 "most" of the time. To the OP...you'd might be more happy moving up to a VV Spinner or Twist. Could also use the JoyTech charger on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread