Make your own juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loufalore

Feb 10, 2010
Ontario Canada
I'd pay twice that if they had some reliable source or method for adding nicotine into flat PG to make your own juice that didn't involve just buying 36mg liquid from another supplier.
Don't believe for a minute that that's in there.

I heard of a method for making high potency e juice.

You get a container and fill it with regular tobacco. Wet it with the purest ethyl alcohol you can find. Let it sit for an hour. Then add more ethyl alcohol just to cover the tobacco. Strain it into a pot through a coffee filter. Boil the alcohol until you are left with a thickened oil consistency substance in the bottom of the pot. This is supposed to be almost pure nicotine. Add 60% PG, 40% VG, 10% vodka and you have high potency nic juice.

I haven't tried this...YET...but will one day. I have no idea if it will work or how much PG/VG/alc to add to give you 36 mg clear nic juice but if anyone has please post the results.

I was CAUTIONED: Boiling off the alcohol produces highly flamable gas so do it outside and use electricity to heat the pot and not an open flame...be safe.

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
USA
Also keep in mind that nicotine is a highly toxic substance that is readily absorbed by your body through your skin.

A few drops of nicotine on your skin will kill you.

Don't feel bad about buying nic liq at 36 mg/ml from an online supplier. It is much safer to handle at that concentration.

And please, please don't make nicotine tea in a pot in your kitchen. You run a serious risk of hurting yourself or someone you love.

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Also keep in mind that nicotine is a highly toxic substance that is readily absorbed by your body through your skin.

Don't feel bad about buying nic liq at 36 mg/ml from an online supplier. It is much safer to handle at that concentration.

And please, please don't make nicotine tea in a pot in your kitchen. You run a serious risk of hurting yourself or someone you love.

And please, please don't make nicotine tea in a pot in your kitchen. You run a serious risk of hurting yourself or someone you love

+1

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop

I think that's an overstatement!!

There is 14mg of raw nicotine in a nicotine patch that is put directly in contact with your skin!! In a past life I used to peal these apart and put them directly on my gums. Not smart but I didn't stop breathing. I did that for nearly six months!!!! I can however tell you what an overdose feels like and it's not too much fun. Big head ache!! Lots of water needed to flush the system!!

The absorption rate on the skin is far slower than on the gums. Just flush with water and hydrate to help the kidneys.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

You get a container and fill it with regular tobacco. Wet it with the purest ethyl alcohol you can find. Let it sit for an hour. Then add more ethyl alcohol just to cover the tobacco. Strain it into a pot through a coffee filter. Boil the alcohol until you are left with a thickened oil consistency substance in the bottom of the pot. This is supposed to be almost pure nicotine. Add 60% PG, 40% VG, 10% vodka and you have high potency nic juice.

I haven't tried this...YET...but will one day. I have no idea if it will work or how much PG/VG/alc to add to give you 36 mg clear nic juice but if anyone has please post the results.

I was CAUTIONED: Boiling off the alcohol produces highly flamable gas so do it outside and use electricity to heat the pot and not an open flame...be safe.
Are you growing your own tobacco??

Because if your not than this method is only producing a concentrated cocktail of the s.... you been smoking all these years! :-x

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
USA
The articles referenced by Wikipedia suggest that 30 - 60 mg of nicotine is the fatal dose.

They also suggest that a single drop of concentrated nicotine can be life threatening to a human being.

Gardeners using nicotine as an insecticide have died as a result of dermal contact, as have tobacco farmers who carry the leaves on their bare skin.

Nicotine at the levels present in strong ejuice are known to be dangerous. This is why some retailers/manufacterers do not sell/produce it at higher concentrations than 36 mg/ml.

Last edited:

loufalore

Feb 10, 2010
Ontario Canada
Are you growing your own tobacco??

Because if your not than this method is only producing a concentrated cocktail of the s.... you been smoking all these years! :-x

I haven't tried it yet...I likely won't until/unless commercial juice becomes unavailable. I would probably use purchased tobacco with all the stuff I was smoking before. My understanding is that the tar, cyanide and other bad stuff is only produced through the burning process of tobacco.

The result of this procedure is supposed to produce a mostly pure nicotine paste which would be mixed with PG and alcohol to dillute into something that could be mixed with flavour and/or VG etc.

The question I don't have an answer for is how much PG etc would I add to the nic paste to create, let's say, 36 mg e-juice?

I have the concentration determination formula from another thread and I found some .12N Sulphuic Acid for the test but can't find Bromothymol Blue anywhere.

I wouldn't even think about vaping this stuff until I can accurately test for concentration...too strong could be fatal and too weak would defeat the purpose of the experiment.

Still in the planning and thinking stages right now. Of course I would use all the safety precautions etc. I read on another site where a guy was doing this with water and nicotine; avoiding the alcohol and flamable gas issue. I think the water idea would be safer but may not produce a product as pure as the alcohol method.

Will use all the safety precautions possible if I ever get some Bromothymol Blue for testing and go for it. The experiment may fail completely and/or be more expensive then buying comercial anyway.

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
OMG, just read through here, I see you have not been around long yet, search nicotine extraction in the search window, almost everyone who has done it, messed up somehow and got sick. If you have kids, pets, in your house, you stand a very good chance of killing them.
Even the 100mg that you can get has to be treated with respect, and what you would be making is a high order stronger then that.
Just be careful if you do decide to experiment this way.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
OMG, just read through here, I see you have not been around long yet, search nicotine extraction in the search window, almost everyone who has done it, messed up somehow and got sick. If you have kids, pets, in your house, you stand a very good chance of killing them.
Even the 100mg that you can get has to be treated with respect, and what you would be making is a high order stronger then that.
Just be careful if you do decide to experiment this way.

Just my 2 cents on the subject, if you do decide to order 100mg or higher, have the PG on hand to immediatly cut it to 40mg or below. Then rinse the bottle out with hot water that had the 100mg+ juice in it. No need being safe and then forgetting about the bottle it came in as you will always have residue in that bottle unless you rinse it out.
I have 5 gallon carboys I mix in and immediatly dilute the high nic down into low nic concentration. Yes I mix A LOT, I have (3) 5 gallon carboys one for VG one for PG and one for nic juice.
Hope this helps,
Dan

wltec

Apr 27, 2010
bc canada
another thing to mention is,with an alcohol base you would also be extracting tars,resines and essential oils along with the additives big tobacco adds to keep the tabac moist and fresh. so you might as well light one up. Nicotine is water soluble. and can be separated through a x step process using sodium hydroxide (lye) as an finishing agent (steps left out intentionally) which makes the nicotine crystalize (pure crystal) . it is something that should not be tempted, considering even touching the nicotine crystal with bare fingers is not going to have a pleasent outcome.
My Regards,
Walt

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia

I think this alcohol extraction is going to get most if not all the nic, but also lots of large plant molecules, like chlorophyl, fats, and proteins. It will likely mess up an atty, and not be good for vaping. Plus, what the others say is exactly right: it will be very dangerous. a drop of the final paste on your skin could kill you. If you have no training in working with extractions or very strong toxins, I would stay away.

As for comparing it to a patch, there is no comparison. The patch matrix is designed to released nic little by little. It will not give up all its nic at once. Anyone that does not think this is an extremely dangerous affair does not have any understanding of the chemistry. Further reason to not do it.

Extractions that isolate nic from the other plant materials are complicated and require lots of training, lots of equipment, and lots of nasty solvents. This is not the chemical system to train yourself with. Novices that do this often get really sick, as in on the floor vomiting. With this paste, one tiny mistake is all it takes. And switched is right: unless you are doing this with organic clean tobacco, you are getting all the garbage BT puts in the tobacco too. Which is what we are trying to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread