very new please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
If you can wait ~ 3 weeks on shipping, fasttech.com has several kits, which include (generally speaking) a battery, charger, mod (battery holder + 510 connector), and clearomizer / tank / bcc (depending on chosen kit), all of which will perform far better than the disposables.

EDIT: I'm suggesting FT mainly based on OP's price concerns; you should be able to find full kits on FT in the 15-30$ range. It's not going to be top quality gear - all will be chinese clones - but the price is ~ 1/3 of what you'd pay for similar setups in the states.

For e-liquid, mt. baker vapor has great prices, but see other threads on juices and personal tastes.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Be VERY CAREFUL about the free starter kits/pay shipping only promises! Many of them are known to be scams. Try and search the forum for the name of the company you ordered from to see if there are any negative experiences associated with them.

Check out the list of certified suppliers here on the forum. They are trusted vendors with excellent customer service.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Just bought an innokin mvp kit that came with 2 iclear 16s for about $49 free shipping on eBay from a reputable seller Vape the Grape located in Napa Cali.

Yup, i checked on Mt Vapor Baker that their prices are dirt cheap for good juices. Heard lots of praises on youtube but also heard some bad reviews on here. Ive never ordered from them.

If you can wait ~ 3 weeks on shipping, fasttech.com has several kits, which include (generally speaking) a battery, charger, mod (battery holder + 510 connector), and clearomizer / tank / bcc (depending on chosen kit), all of which will perform far better than the disposables.

EDIT: I'm suggesting FT mainly based on OP's price concerns; you should be able to find full kits on FT in the 15-30$ range. It's not going to be top quality gear - all will be chinese clones - but the price is ~ 1/3 of what you'd pay for similar setups in the states.

For e-liquid, mt. baker vapor has great prices, but see other threads on juices and personal tastes.

thanks i'll check them out in a couple mins.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Be VERY CAREFUL about the free starter kits/pay shipping only promises! Many of them are known to be scams. Try and search the forum for the name of the company you ordered from to see if there are any negative experiences associated with them.

Check out the list of certified suppliers here on the forum. They are trusted vendors with excellent customer service.

^This.

What was the name of the "cheap shipping" website, it may be a good idea to make sure it's not one of the known scam sites. They will hit you with tons of charges down the road.

i checked it out thoroughly and it's not a scam. it's just a free disposable so you can try then come back and buy a kit. but the kits cost too much. i think the site was apollo.com

Just bought an innokin mvp kit that came with 2 iclear 16s for about $49 free shipping on eBay from a reputable seller Vape the Grape located in Napa Cali.

Yup, i checked on Mt Vapor Baker that their prices are dirt cheap for good juices. Heard lots of praises on youtube but also heard some bad reviews on here. Ive never ordered from them.

i try to avoid ebay, was gonna look on amazon but not sure if they sell and ecig type stuff

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
<snip>Yup, i checked on Mt Vapor Baker that their prices are dirt cheap for good juices. Heard lots of praises on youtube but also heard some bad reviews on here. Ive never ordered from them.

I ended up with an order around 100$ for samples - IE, tons of flavours in the smallest containers. Found four flavours I liked, and tons I couldn't stand... But given the prices, it was worth it to me to find those four, and then order them in huge qty =)

FWIW (tastes differ) I liked their: Caramel Coffee, Maple Pecan, Salted Caramel, Shennanigans (pepperminty), and to a lesser degree, their ginger (not ginger ale). Couldn't stand any of their alcohol-based flavours - brandy, amaretto, etc. Fruits were hit and miss, but none stood out as great. Never liked a tobacco-flavour juice from anyone, so can't comment on those.

^This.

What was the name of the "cheap shipping" website, it may be a good idea to make sure it's not one of the known scam sites. They will hit you with tons of charges down the road.

checked my email and it was apollo.com it was a one time charge of $2.07 just for shipping and no long term mischievous charges

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
i try to avoid ebay, was gonna look on amazon but not sure if they sell and ecig type stuff

Amazon does - but the prices aren't great. Check out fasttech... if you don't want to order from China, also check out discountvapors, and check the deals on gotsmok.com and vaporjoes.blogspot.com. You'll pay more than fasttech if you buy local in the US, but shipping will be a lot faster =)

Amazon does - but the prices aren't great. Check out fasttech... if you don't want to order from China, also check out discountvapors, and check the deals on gotsmok.com and vaporjoes.blogspot.com. You'll pay more than fasttech if you buy local in the US, but shipping will be a lot faster =)

if it's worth it i don't mind waiting a little longer for it to get here

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
i just came across a website that showed me how to get a disposable ecig for just $2.07 shipping. my problem is when it runs out where should i look for a quality starter kit for a reasonable price i.e. under $60 as i'm disabled and on SSI, so very low income.

I would definitely AVOID any offer for free ecigs that just charge you shipping! There have been TONS of reports of them scamming your credit card and charging you hundreds of dollars after you order them. If it were me I would order a starter kit from a reputable vendor (there are oodles of good website vendors listed on this forum) and just get by in the meantime with disposables yo can get at convenience stores or something in the meantime. I would hate to see yet another person new to ecigs get scammed. Welcome to ECF by the way. In terms of which actual starter kit and what sites to use, I am sure you'll get several recommendations from the awesome folks here. :)

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I'd recommend to stay away from any cig-a-like starter kit. Some like them, but most move on quickly to a ego or Variable voltage mod. If start out with good reliable quality mods, that will fire any 510 connection atomizer or rba, then you won't be asking again. If you are serious about not smoking a joining the world of Vape, then I wouldn't concern myself with the cost of the kit as much as the quality and versatility of the kit. What ever you pay will quickly be recovered by the $$$ you haven't spent on tobacco cigs. IMHO. Not to mention your health benefits. Just saying.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado

Completely agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread