• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Astro by Kato CLONE! $24 on FT

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
Saw this first thing this morning.....had to jump on it as I always have loved the look of the Astro. For $24 it's not a bad gamble. What do you guys think?

astro_mod_by_kato_clone_gotsmok-660x330.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10006084/1467000-astro-mechanical-mod-e-cigarette-battery

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
Yep, now somehow get it here really quick, then make a video of it!

And don't put that Herc in the video, every time i watch your stuff i damn near have to go and buy one.:p

Lol I hope it gets here soon. Gonna spend a week or 2 with it and chunk up my opinion. Either way it looks VERY nice for the money! And sorry on the Herc :p lol

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Lol I hope it gets here soon. Gonna spend a week or 2 with it and chunk up my opinion. Either way it looks VERY nice for the money! And sorry on the Herc :p lol

Waiting on my Chi Chi(you) and ithaka clone right now, if the Ithaka is as nice as everyone says it is, i'll be getting a Herc too.:vapor:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
wow so there really is no end to this clone wars. got to hand it to the chinese to copy everything. someone's making LOTS of money and it aint going to the modders who make these awesome devices.

Not to turn this into a clone wars thread, but most all the major original mod makers have ZERO problem selling their devices, heck most of um have waiting lists.

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
wow so there really is no end to this clone wars. got to hand it to the chinese to copy everything. someone's making LOTS of money and it aint going to the modders who make these awesome devices to make more awesome stuff.

It would be if they were readily available and a little cheaper....lol

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
as long as people can feel better about themselves calling it a clone instead of a fake the chinese will keep making money.

gotsmok could have made a very nice looking "clone" without having to go the extra step and rip off the logo and name.

Gotsmok didn't make anything....lol They are just a company that advertises deals. Some random Chinese company is making these. And you're right.....clone isn't the right word. Replica is..........

ElectraClyde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Chicagoland
I don't have my real mixed Astro with me to compare, but I really doubt those pics are from a clone........it looks too good. For 24 bucks, I just ordered one. I'm not a fan of blatant fakes, but this is my chance to compare a fake to the real thing. I honestly don't expect too much, and I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

Clyde

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Not to turn this into a clone wars thread, but most all the major original mod makers have ZERO problem selling their devices, heck most of um have waiting lists.

Well, since we are not turning this into a clone wars thread....what's the allure of having a fake of something? Wouldn't you rather they took what they learned from studying other people's work and used those lessons in their unique design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread