Lets talk!! What to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
so I know most of you probably get the same kind of questions or trash talk about vaping from your friends until they realize how simply awesome it is.
Okay so when my friends say why would you want to smoke a fake cig? that thing looks like your smoking who know what in public?
Or something to this effect?
i normally say dude don't hate because I get my nicotine fix with out smelling and polluting the environment with smoke and cig butts!
Or why would you want to smoke that when you can get your fix without smelling like s%#*! So on and so forth

but what can you really say to make them want to switch within a reasonable amount of time say a few sentences
or what do you say kinda like what I do?
Wondering what else to tell people

better yet what do you tell strangers that say stupid crap? If that ever happens with weird looks?
I normally get a good for you as walking or a big smile, thumbs up etc

lets hear it ;)

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I've vaped with my SVD in bars, in the car, walking down the street etc and never really had an issue. The few that have asked me what it was that I was "smoking" on were all cool with it and asked me how the nicotine hit was compared to a cigarette. I basically tell them it's as strong or weak as you want it to be. I tell them its a vaporizer, about the flavors available, where to pick one up and even let a few people that I know take a few hits on it so they know what to expect.

Most of the time I'll have an rba or Protank II on the SVD rebuilt with a better, more accurate coil and cotton so they get some real flavor as opposed to tasting silica wick. I'll then tell them the difference and why I chose cotton and how easy it is to work with.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I tell them its my caterpillar...then I blow smoke rings and say WHO ARE YOU alicewonderland.jpg

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ah, CreepyLady, might want to edit the above. Drug talk is not allowed and don't want you to get in trouble ;)

To the OP, I've been lucky so far. In the year I've been vaping, I've not run into jerks. Most people know that it's an ecig, even though it doesn't look like one. Most times I get 'Does it work?' I say: oh yeah! A year cig free!!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ah, CreepyLady, might want to edit the above. Drug talk is not allowed and don't want you to get in trouble ;)

To the OP, I've been lucky so far. In the year I've been vaping, I've not run into jerks. Most people know that it's an ecig, even though it doesn't look like one. Most times I get 'Does it work?' I say: oh yeah! A year cig free!!

OMG ha thank you! A co-worker who is older that I have assisted with a transition to vaping says that is what it looks like (i have no idea?? LOL) and My best friend says I am the AIW catepillar. Was trying to post a morning funny - whoops! Edited!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
On a more serious and less joking note - I have been educating - most people at my company have inquired with pure curiosity and intrigue. I have PIF a few set ups and some liquids and passed on vendors that are trusted etc. I am creating converts left and right just providing the correct answers to their questions and resources (like ECF :) ). Most comment that is smells good and then ask what it is and I think the main question I get is "what is in the liquid" "are the liquids safe" etc. More than anything I have found people associate ecigs to only the cigalikes and disposables. I have found that knowing there are affordable "bigger and better" options is a huge plus to most of them!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
OMG ha thank you! A co-worker who is older that I have assisted with a transition to vaping says that is what it looks like (i have no idea?? LOL) and My best friend says I am the AIW catepillar. Was trying to post a morning funny - whoops! Edited!

;) my never smoker hubby calls it a :censored: pipe :lol: I think because it is different and delivers a drug (nicotine) they think they feel the need to clever, NOT! Bwahahahaha. Funny thing, he directs anyone on Facebook that talks about quitting smoking to me. :laugh:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The best resource for educating the uninformed and misinformed is CASAA. They are also vapers only support against those who want to ban/severely restrict our ability to vape.

Have you taken the time to join AND support CASAA??? I suggest you go to the CASAA web site and get some of their nifty hand-outs on vaping. And everyone needs to educate themselves on the latest studies on vaping. The most current is from Drexel University in Philadelphia and is on the CASAA web site.

kaiser74

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
new milford ct usa
i have one coworker who picks on me. he smokes and dips. i'd let him try it if he didn't have rotten teeth.
he's not mean just pokes fun alot. "why are you trying to fool yourself?" is his most common line.

i just tell him i like it better then smoking and he shakes his head.

everyone else is either supportive or makes no comment. i've even converted a few people or have people ready to convert.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
i have one coworker who picks on me. he smokes and dips. i'd let him try it if he didn't have rotten teeth.
he's not mean just pokes fun alot. "why are you trying to fool yourself?" is his most common line.

i just tell him i like it better then smoking and he shakes his head.

everyone else is either supportive or makes no comment. i've even converted a few people or have people ready to convert.

Whenever I'd pickup an order at my Vendor I'd ask and receive a few free disposable Ecigs. Whenever I'd give away a disposable it was always a successful conversion with the convert ordering from the above Vendor...a win- win situation for all involved esp the Vendor.

Quantum

Jul 11, 2012
Virginia
Hi Jessica,

When you are trying to get someone to understand the benefits of vaping over smoking, there are so many its hard to know where to begin.

It is much less expensive than smoking. (Disclaimer : If you are lucky enough to find some juices you really like, without having to go thru many vendors and flavors in search of your ADV....AND....you find the device that works for you...ie EGO, a mechanical mod, rebuildable attys, etc...)

Your clothes, breath, car and home no longer smell like a stale ashtray.

If you are dating, you pool of potential loves is greatly increased. To be honest, this was the main reason I tried vaping and it worked! Funny how the motivation of love turned me around instead of concerns for my health.

You can vape in airports and the bathroom on the plane ( or stealthy vaping in your seat ). Lets just say my last flight was 11 hours from Athens to JFK and I felt really sorry for the folks on the plane chewing the life out of nicotine gum and the guy with two patches on.

And the list goes on and on...

I actually carry a spare drip tip so I can let folks try it. Have not met one so far who did not ask for links on where to either buy or do their own research.

ace963

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
United States
When I started vaping at work I got a lot of comments from smokers about what I was "smoking", "you know there is antifreeze in them", ect. I think a lot of it was just a cover for their own curiosity. One of the people that made the most jokes about it started asking real questions after I had gone about two weeks without a cigarette. So I pointed him to a couple websites and couple days latter he shows up with an ecig. I've got three "converts" at work so far. Best response I had to a comment was to my boss. He said there must be something "stronger" than nicotine in my ecig. To which I replied "It has to be to put up with your a**"

LOL thank you all for the replys and info
I have converted 4 friends so far & found out about one friend that vapes and smokes idk what she's vaping but it must not be what we are LOL the main thing for me was that I have two young kids.
Second a ton of people in my family died way sooner than they Gould have from lung cancer and my grandma from being around it to long (she had never smoked in her life yet her own son that wouldn't move out smoked up a lung in there house) she had so many problems illnesses from it it took her life. Then another reason was for my kids dad (we got back together again ha ha) we both wanted me to stop and I would go a few days or a month etc and start again. Finaly I convinced him to take me to get one and now it's 3 months so far also I got my brother to switch which is AWESOME in itself :)

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I quit cuz' I was sick, literally and figuratively, of cigarettes. A good friends sister who smoked even more than me had quit using ecigs so I thought, "WOW, if she can do it, maybe I can!" So I found out what she was using and placed an order. I have evolved since then, but what an evolution it has been. Still evolving. I have had great experiences so far and my favorite thing to do is stealth vaping, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread