How do you keep your ProTank-II from flooding at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know if it's just me, or if it's just a design flaw, but I was wondering what I could do to keep my PT2 from flooding at night. I've tried storing it upright, it leaks on to my connector, on it's side, it still leaks through the air holes if the tank is full enough. I usually take my e cig to bed with me because I'll watch a movie or a couple episodes of a show before I actually fall asleep, so I'll be able to vape while I watch. Unfortunately after a while, I just fall asleep, so actively unscrewing everything and storing it upside down to see if that works isn't going to happen.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck with it?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I don't know if it's just me, or if it's just a design flaw, but I was wondering what I could do to keep my PT2 from flooding at night. I've tried storing it upright, it leaks on to my connector, on it's side, it still leaks through the air holes if the tank is full enough. I usually take my e cig to bed with me because I'll watch a movie or a couple episodes of a show before I actually fall asleep, so I'll be able to vape while I watch. Unfortunately after a while, I just fall asleep, so actively unscrewing everything and storing it upside down to see if that works isn't going to happen.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck with it?

hi
well IT SHOULDN'T LEAK ever, once you fill it and screw the base on
on its side, upside down, hanging sideways from a tree

only 3 places it can come from
- 'o' ring around the base
- the silicone 'cup' ring at bottom of chimney
- or thru the wick assembly (into the battery)

you say your juice is getting into the battery connection
do you mess with the wicks ? maybe remove a flavor wick ? do you rebuild coils?
have you tried installing ANOTHER new coil ? is the little 'o' ring on the bottom of your coil ?

if juice is getting to your battery only way it can get there is :
THRU a faulty wick (not big enuff to stop fluid)
or AROUND a coil assembly (o-ring or tighten)

:blink::)

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I realized I probably should have put this in "E Cigarette Technical Issues"... but anywho:

This has been happening since I bought it, it seems to leak through the center hole of the head that goes straight through to the connector. I just put in a brand new head yesterday, leaving all of the flavor wicks in it just to see if I needed to remove any with the 100% VG juice I'm using now. Oddly, it doesn't do it throughout the day when I'm using it regularly, only when it sits for an extended period of time, like when I'm sleeping. As of now I'm not rebuilding coils, but I did buy 200 feet of Kanthal in various sizes, and will probably start trying my hand at rebuilding here within the week.

I probably wouldn't care so much, but I am kind of in the transition still where I crave analogs, so taking the extra minutes cleaning everything out get's on my nerves pretty quick, lol.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so it does sound as if you are "messin" with it some then (it's not a stock coil)

so it also sounds like you got some supplies -I got a fix for you

get a new coil, remove whatever flavor wick inside and put a big fat one in there

MAKE DARN SURE IT IS SATURATED WITH FLUID, and vape your head off leak free

I think by vaping all day your too small wick just barely keeps up enuff not to leak,
but let it sit and fluid overcomes the wick and enters the battery cavity...

(maybe it's just the supply of coils you happen to get?)

by putting a bigger supply wick (flavor) it will stop leak-thru and also deter burnt taste

:)

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've suspected that the heads I got are knockoff heads. They didn't come in the box with the blister pack, they came individually bagged in "crack baggies" with a sticker indicating the ohm's, they aren't engraved/etched with the ohms either like the ones that came in the box with the tank are either. If this is the case, hopefully I can rebuild them better.

Off topic - if anyone is looking for a quick, cheap seller on eBay for Kanthal, temco_industrial_power sells spools of the stuff for dirt cheap, I got 50ft of 28g, 50ft of 30g and 100ft of 32g for under $15... should be enough to last me the rest of my vaping life, lol.

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, that looks about right, the 32g I bought was $4 for the 100‘ roll, the 30g was $4.50, and the 28g was like $5.50.

Hopefully I can build could better than whoever made these heads and remedy the problem.

Sent from my Google powered personal data extraction device

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
I have had to add a flavor wick to one of mine to keep it from leaking and gurgling. One thing else I did that helped was to take the silicone cover off of another coil and put it on upside down on top of the existing silicone cover and that helped.

On an Evod I took the silicone cap off a clearomizer and pushed on to the air tube on the Evod tank, fit perfectly and cured the leaking and gurgling there also. Just the silicone cap not the metal insert.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I was doing great rebuilding em coils and using cotton balls for wicks - UNITL - i saw a video on YouTube. Basically this dude was using cotton roll from CVS and using a whiff of cotton to make the wick and less to make the flavor wick. I rushed over to CVS and got the sterilized rolled cotton and coiling and a wickin I went. Well - NOT GOOD. First for me - the taste was too chemically - so cotton should be boiled. Also - flooding worse that Noah Saw.

Since I didnt have time to boil the RC - I decided to use the pre-boiled bunny balls i had. Still used the whiff of cotton - u know what - Noah Noah Noah. Went back to the way I made em - use enough cotton to be snug in the coil and use abt the same for flavor wicks. I am not goona try to convince u that it doesnt drip at all...............but it dont flood and it dont gurgle.........my 2 drops of Johnson Creek Tennessee................

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I got my wire in today, and I have plenty of heads that are already disassembled and "need rebuild", so decided to try my hand at a micro coil with a cotton wick. Made a 30g 10 wrap coil, ohmed out to 3.8 ohms, minus the 1.7 ohms that my meter reads high, so a 2,1ohm coil (perfect). Threaded the cotton in, and folded it over the top of the coil as a "flavor wick", and to fill up some more space in the slots cut in for the stock wicks. So far everything is burning as it should, flavor and vapor are awesome, throat hit is just right, and hopefully my perfectionist mentality built it to stop the leaking, guess we'll see tonight.

What really sucks though, is I still can't taste any banana in this Gorilla Juice :(

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After a few days I've tried a few different coils, all using the same method, but different size wire. Anything I make with 30g doesn't leak at all, 28g ill get some small droplets on my connector by the end of the day, but 32g will leak like it did before.
It took a while to actually get a 28g coil to work, seemed like the first 3 or 4 I made all looked right, ohmed out right, but wouldn't fire. I finally got one to work, and its just awesome, lol.

ironcobra

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
gambrills maryland usa
I have had to add a flavor wick to one of mine to keep it from leaking and gurgling. One thing else I did that helped was to take the silicone cover off of another coil and put it on upside down on top of the existing silicone cover and that helped.

On an Evod I took the silicone cap off a clearomizer and pushed on to the air tube on the Evod tank, fit perfectly and cured the leaking and gurgling there also. Just the silicone cap not the metal insert.

I'll have to try these two things tonight, when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread