Status
Not open for further replies.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
I too had horrible relapses from the cig a likes. Its great you got a decent vape kit. Well you could have him check receipts that you havent purchased analogs for some time now. And now, no more smelling like smoke. If you keep it up, in the long run, he'll believe you sooner or later. 2 months not touching an analog gave me much less hacking in the morning, being able to do more physical activity, etc.

Great job keeping it up!

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do I don't think. I mean, if all the vape purchases and not seeing you with cigarettes isn't enough then he's just gonna take time. He's probably looking at it from a stance of "until you relapse" and nothing but time will really change that. You could get rid of any lighters or ashtrays that are left around the house, but that won't change his mind only change his perspective a bit. Given time, he'll come around. I'm at nearly three months now and my own mother only just started to believe me. That's fine though cause her and my grammi are getting ambushed with my Ego starters as soon as I have juice and coils for them!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.

The great thing about this is that it does not require others to believe you have quit for it to be true. He will realize in time all on his own.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
My father who lives with us has also switched and my middle daughter and her husband too...but we do still have visitors and one daughter that still smoke in the house so I do need to keep an ashtray around for them....but only the one and it sits clean on a table with a few lighters in a crock for those times....he has seen me vapeing away while others smoke even in bar situations many times...the smell of someone smoking is a bit comforting but it does not make me want to smoke

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Congrats on your 8 weeks off the stinkies. My husband is so proud of me, I smoked for 37 years and thought I would never quit. Coming up on six months and got a SmokeTech SID a couple of weeks ago, but he said I could have another MOD and a new IPhone 5s for my six month anniversary. In all honesty, I could have them anyway, but it just makes it sound better that they are a six month, no stinkies gifts. He spoils me and doesn't care what I buy. But quitting smoking was my downfall, I have anxiety disorder and the stinkies seemed to help relax me. I wish I could have been more like him, he's an ex smoker, but just laid them down and never looked back about 15 yrs ago. The day I started vaping he gave up diet coke and laid down his dip. He has so much willpower. I want to be just like him someday when I grow up. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Congrats on your 8 weeks off the stinkies. My husband is so proud of me, I smoked for 37 years and thought I would never quit. Coming up on six months and got a SmokeTech SID a couple of weeks ago, but he said I could have another MOD and a new IPhone 5s for my six month anniversary. In all honesty, I could have them anyway, but it just makes it sound better that they are a six month, no stinkies gifts. He spoils me and doesn't care what I buy. But quitting smoking was my downfall, I have anxiety disorder and the stinkies seemed to help relax me. I wish I could have been more like him, he's an ex smoker, but just laid them down and never looked back about 15 yrs ago. The day I started vaping he gave up diet coke and laid down his dip. He has so much willpower. I want to be just like him someday when I grow up. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

Congrats on 6 months.

As someone who went back and forth over the years, if he switched from smoking to dip he really didn't give up much. The dip gives just as much if not more nicotine than smoking.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
You've covered the start-up costs, then stuck with it long enough to start saving money. Failed attempts are expensive. Success is not (unless of course you start up a new hobby with it). As long as you're saving money, what is there to complain about?

What does he say about it? Does he actually say you haven't quit? Does he think vaping is still smoking and not really quitting?

I'm sorry you're not getting any support. But, WE are here for you at least!

So, you never heard anything about your Legacy? Did they never contact you at all? That is so disappointing.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
You've covered the start-up costs, then stuck with it long enough to start saving money. Failed attempts are expensive. Success is not (unless of course you start up a new hobby with it). As long as you're saving money, what is there to complain about?

What does he say about it? Does he actually say you haven't quit? Does he think vaping is still smoking and not really quitting?

I'm sorry you're not getting any support. But, WE are here for you at least!

So, you never heard anything about your Legacy? Did they never contact you at all? That is so disappointing.

I am so glad for all the support I get here,,,he still thibnks thsi is a fad that I will puth down and there seems to be a disconnect...if I smoked I could go down to the store pop down $4 open the pack and be smoking...with e-juice the ones I like are smaller boutique shops that open 1 day a week and close when they hit capacity...I them have to wait 7-14 days to receive the juice and then 2 weeks to steep before they can be vaped...they dont cost more than the local B&M's just taste SO VERY MUCH BETTER.

No news on my Legacy...no communication at all from Pure Smoker so I filled a dispute with my bank and am filing a report with the post master as well.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The support is a big part of why ECF is so big. So many of us stay here to get support from others that understand what we're going through.

With all the hoops you have to go through to get your preferred juice, you are making sure to keep plenty in back up just in case, aren't you? A month is a long time to have to plan ahead!

I've got my fingers crossed for your Legacy to show up.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
If I am correct, Puresmoker just went out of business this week. He closed his shop. You should be able to find a thread with a search where they advertised a going out of business sale. I am pretty sure it was Puresmoker.

I am so glad for all the support I get here,,,he still thibnks thsi is a fad that I will puth down and there seems to be a disconnect...if I smoked I could go down to the store pop down $4 open the pack and be smoking...with e-juice the ones I like are smaller boutique shops that open 1 day a week and close when they hit capacity...I them have to wait 7-14 days to receive the juice and then 2 weeks to steep before they can be vaped...they dont cost more than the local B&M's just taste SO VERY MUCH BETTER.

No news on my Legacy...no communication at all from Pure Smoker so I filled a dispute with my bank and am filing a report with the post master as well.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

I am going to be real honest here....

My wife quit smoking over 20 years ago, and NEVER picked one up again, as where I was always a smoker since age 16...

Since being on 'da vape she has always complemented my vaping as it smells good, and I am healthier, no more lung mung, coughing and yaking up nasty stuff all the time, no more bronchitis..etc.

I have smoked a cig here and there, and after you have been on the vape a while, they taste NASTY!

I have no desire to smoke cigarettes!

Now maybe once every 3 of 4 months I will smoke a fine cigar, but even that after a while my throat burns, my breath is funky, my hands stink....

No thank you!

Your significant other can tell if you are not smoking! A non smoker can always smell it, and so will you be able to in about another couple of days or weeks if you cannot already...

Just keep it up and he will realize as my wife did, your done with the nick sticks, the burning kind anyway!

GREAT JOB! you picked a good combo!

I went through the same stuff when I stated vaping, the crummy cig look alikes that only piss you off trying to get that inhalation feeling, and never getting enough nicotine to satisfy a one cig a day smoker! HA LOL

Keep it up, we are all here for you!

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Why not leave him wondering? My wife rarely leaves me with a sense of certainty about anything, LOL! Seriously, what's important is that you know. If you just let it go and focus on your enjoyment of vaping, one day he will exclaim "Wow, you smell great! Your breath doesn't smell like a dead monkey left out in the sun". Yes, she said that, hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread