Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
That depends; which part of the battery gets hot?

A few cheap chargers can get warm, and transfer that heat to the battery's outer casing. Try cleaning the contact points, and if that doesn't fix it, just get a new/better charger.

If it's the center part of the battery that gets hot, it means that it's heating up from the inside, and that means:
stop using that battery right now. Your battery is damaged, and is about to fail, catastrophically.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
That depends; which part of the battery gets hot?

A few cheap chargers can get warm, and transfer that heat to the battery's outer casing. Try cleaning the contact points, and if that doesn't fix it, just get a new/better charger.

If it's the center part of the battery that gets hot, it means that it's heating up from the inside, and that means:
stop using that battery right now. Your battery is damaged, and is about to fail, catastrophically.
Its a 900 mah ego. The whole entire battery and the charger get very hot. It took ten minutes for the battery to cool down so I'm assuming that's a bad thing.... ugh.... so now the chargers no good? I dont want to ruin my husbands battery using the same charger - right? Man o man. I am bummed. I don't wanna spend a fotune in a local shop for some knock off

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Stop using both, immediately!

You'll have to sort out which is bad; the charger, the battery, or both. There's no practical way to test a charger or battery, without a multimeter.

If you don't have that tool, I'd just get a new battery and charger.

Do you know the brand of battery/charger you have? Do you have a picture?

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
it was my apollo stuff... all from apollo - got it from Apollo and not local smoke shop selling Apollo stuff

i am a bit freaked out by the warnings to get the battery out of the house and such ;-?
IMG_20130926_091552.jpg

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Being new, I thought Apollo was a name brand... but they just put their name on a generic product? Bummer. They are honoring the warranty and replacing the battery.

I'd get them to replace the charger too; you don't know if it was the fault.

All ecigs are made in China. They're often printed with a custom logo, in the factory.

You paid a good price for yours, so you have a good warranty (the batteries costs less that $5 out of the factory).

Now to continue this exercise... why did the battery fail? Was it a bad charger or... did you leave it in a hot car one day? Did you drop the battery on something hard?

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I'd get them to replace the charger too; you don't know if it was the fault.

All ecigs are made in China. They're often printed with a custom logo, in the factory.

You paid a good price for yours, so you have a good warranty (the batteries costs less that $5 out of the factory).

Now to continue this exercise... why did the battery fail? Was it a bad charger or... did you leave it in a hot car one day? Did you drop the battery on something hard?
Charger seems to be fine cuz its charged the other battery from the kit without getting either hot. I am guilty of leaving my battery in my truck for an hour one time but it wasn't exposed to high temps. It wasn't hot when I pulled it out to use at that time. I always kept the connections clean too if that counts for anything? lol... I am getting a vision spinner today and no charger. Can I use a regular charger for that battery? It is 420ma 5 v. Btw, thank you for taking the time to help me learn about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread