Coil Build Type: nano coil
Resistance: .6Ω
Wick: 100% organic cotton
rda: Igo-L
mod: Geobukseon Turtleship #0091
Battery: Samsung INR18650-20R

Follow me on Instagram: tsuhaanda_teo
Facebook: Chicago vape Nation

My daily with the same build at .8Ω in a nimbus with custom CIA top cap (video)

I also have my RSST built the same way at .8Ω (video)
9972515354_658d412a4a.jpg

Last edited:

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
I thought the concept behind nano and micro coils at least was to partly to lessen the risks associated in sub ohm?? So why build and go sub ohm anyway??:confused: Sorry, not for me:2cool:
I'm no expert on anything but everything boils down to using the right battery for your application. I would worry more on coils that produce useless excessive heat. My build does not generate a lot of heat, it won't even heat up my top cap, it warms up but not heat up. You will run your juice dry before it starts to heat up. I believe running things efficiently is safer. You don't over work your battery, I use battery that gives me headroom and I only carry 2 batteries for all day vape, 1 in my mod and 1 extra.

Like I said, I'm no expert and would like to learn more. Rest assured, I've read and double read to gain some knowledge and if my logic is wrong, then I stand corrected.

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa
I'm no expert on anything but everything boils down to using the right battery for your application. I would worry more on coils that produce useless excessive heat. My build does not generate a lot of heat, it won't even heat up my top cap, it warms up but not heat up. You will run your juice dry before it starts to heat up. I believe running things efficiently is safer. You don't over work your battery, I use battery that gives me headroom and I only carry 2 batteries for all day vape, 1 in my mod and 1 extra.

Like I said, I'm no expert and would like to learn more. Rest assured, I've read and double read to gain some knowledge and if my logic is wrong, then I stand corrected.

Do you have any pics or video of how you set your RDA up?

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa

Thanks, yeah that helps a lot. I have a similar build on a cheapie RDA that I have. I have a 1/16th micro-coil on it, but I think it has something like 13 wraps. Doesn't put out half as nice a vape as yours looks like! I've been debating picking up an Igo-L for a while now, but watching your video just made the decision for me. Thanks man!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well color me impressed. I've stayed away from Sub ohm due to excessive heat/load. Seems you have at least reduced one half of that equation.
Nice ot see great production from a single coil setup. Makes it much less challenging for a new comer to have a successful first build.

Any necessary mods to the Igo-l itself. Air hole size?

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Thanks, yeah that helps a lot. I have a similar build on a cheapie RDA that I have. I have a 1/16th micro-coil on it, but I think it has something like 13 wraps. Doesn't put out half as nice a vape as yours looks like! I've been debating picking up an Igo-L for a while now, but watching your video just made the decision for me. Thanks man!
here's the key... "let your coil breathe" if you look closely on how I lay the coil down on the cotton wick, you will see that one end of the coil is exposed. The theory here is if you let air pass through the coil, you will have efficient combustion/atomization. While threading wick in a nono coil work, it does not work better than letting air pass through and in your coil, yes I have done and tested these. Even if half of your coil is buried into the cotton wick, as long as you exposed one hole you are letting air pass through the entire coil.

Last edited:

durianeliquidflavorplease

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2013
Quezon City Philippines
I knew my builds were getting better when the atty wouldn't heat up anymore and I could use metal drip tips (which I love) without burning my lips. Props to the point about air getting through the coil. While I don't usually go that low (my single microcoils are around .9-1.5 ohms), these ideas on airflow and efficiency are still applicable to my builds.

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
I knew my builds were getting better when the atty wouldn't heat up anymore and I could use metal drip tips (which I love) without burning my lips. Props to the point about air getting through the coil. While I don't usually go that low (my single microcoils are around .9-1.5 ohms), these ideas on airflow and efficiency are still applicable to my builds.
My daily is a .8 ohm

The exposed hole acts like a vent too hence my coils are firing more to the side. Withe the "dragon" setup (have to call it that as it looks like a breathing dragon lol) I have both holes exposed and in doing so, more air and oxygen is fed through the coil which creates that jet like atomized eliquid ie vapor.

durianeliquidflavorplease

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2013
Quezon City Philippines
I'll try a similar nanocoil then soon. Had trouble with a nanocoil I made not making enough contact with the cotton and soon gave up and went back to microcoils, which I've gotten figured out, at least in terms of how much cotton to use. I'll try to apply the idea of having both coil openings exposed so as to let in more air. I'll try to maintain my usual preferred resistance range though, add in a few more loops. Thanks for the tips and explanations!

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa
here's the key... "let your coil breathe" if you look closely on how I lay the coil down on the cotton wick, you will see that one end of the coil is exposed. The theory here is if you let air pass through the coil, you will have efficient combustion/atomization. While threading wick in a nono coil work, it does not work better than letting air pass through and in your coil, yes I have done and tested these. Even if half of your coil is buried into the cotton wick, as long as you exposed one hole you are letting air pass through the entire coil.

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal

So if I am understanding you correctly, You do not have cotton wick going through the coil. You are laying the coil on the cotton?

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Well color me impressed. I've stayed away from Sub ohm due to excessive heat/load. Seems you have at least reduced one half of that equation.
Nice ot see great production from a single coil setup. Makes it much less challenging for a new comer to have a successful first build.

Any necessary mods to the Igo-l itself. Air hole size?
I have my Igo-L and RSST bored out to 1/8". My Nimbus and custom CIA top cap are dual 3/32

Very nice ! I like it. Thanks !
Thanks and welcome. Coming from an ECF vet that's a big compliment :)

Nice! Thanks for the tip!
No worries... vape on :)

btw, I used to be a 2 pack a day smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread