Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
ditto-two on order with replacement coils. hope pbusardo is right! if he is I hope they follow up soon with glass and some upgraded styling....and if he is right bye, bye protank, puritank, glassomizer, regular vivi, etc. NO MORE vape FOR YOU!*

hard to do a soup Nazi impersonation in writing- trust me, it was spot on......

sdotsd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
usa
I'm a little worried about liking these too much. I've finally gotten to the point in my vaping that I'm no longer reliant on buying new heads/cartos. I use a cotton micro coil in my protanks and drippers, and an ekowool hybrid in my Magoo. Ive been paranoid about the FDA banning online sales, and living in South Dakota, I don't think any good B&Ms will pop up anytime soon, so I wanted to be able to do everything on my own if that day came. If I do like these aspires, I hope someone figures out how to rebuild them! Looks like it'll be tricky.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I'm a little worried about liking these too much. I've finally gotten to the point in my vaping that I'm no longer reliant on buying new heads/cartos. I use a cotton micro coil in my protanks and drippers, and an ekowool hybrid in my Magoo. Ive been paranoid about the FDA banning online sales, and living in South Dakota, I don't think any good B&Ms will pop up anytime soon, so I wanted to be able to do everything on my own if that day came. If I do like these aspires, I hope someone figures out how to rebuild them! Looks like it'll be tricky.

don't worry, if there is one thing I've learned reading this forum- if someone can build it someone can re-build it! videos to follow......

sdotsd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
usa
don't worry, if there is one thing I've learned reading this forum- if someone can build it someone can re-build it! videos to follow......

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. And they usually make it much better than the original coil setups! I hated my protanks until I started using the cotton ball wicks and microcoils. I've got a little experience with NR/R/NR from the Magoo and Terminator, so maybe this won't be too bad. That rubber "sheath" on the NR wires in the Aspire head might not be needed; seems like that fact that the wires are NR would be enough. Can't wait to see some videos from all you coil experts out there!

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I tried the Aspire tank yesterday while at a shop in NJ. It was dual coil lr @ 11 watts. Have to say I was really impressed with the performance. The owner was rationing out the tanks and heads so everyone could get a chance to get to try it. I decided to wait till there is a higher quantity available. They seem to wick very well though at high power and are chain-vape friendly :vapor:

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I can tell you I do like these and I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying one. But I live an hour and a half from the shop that was selling them. I would have been bummed when I went through my 5 rationed heads and unable to get more. I fully understand why the owner was rationing these out and commend him for giving everyone a chance to get one while still in limited production.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I got the larger Vivi Nova variety from Nhaler a few days ago, hoping they'd compare favorably to the iClear 30s that I--for better or worse--have come to depend on.

I can say that the Aspires generally outperform the i30s; I observed no juice backwash and the skunky flavor associated with it, nor the flooding and leaking the i30s are prone to if you attempt to fill above the lower wick openings.

The problem--and this is a deal-breaker for me--is that the Aspire mutes my juice flavors, doesn't deliver near the saturation that landed me with i30s to begin with.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I have the ego style and I haven't put it down for 2 days. They blow anything Kanger out of the water. No dry hits either at 4.8V...haven't tried them higher yet. PoliticallyIncorrect stated that his muted his ejuice, I haven't had that problem with the small version. I have the Maxi's on the way to compare. And just like PoliticallyIncorrect, I love the iclear30..16's too so it'll be interesting how they compare.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I wanna pick a few of these up. Are they 100% VG friendly? Hows the flavor in these, is it really muted or comparable to other clearos?

pbusardo has a nice review on his website(and youtube, i'm sure). uses bobas bounty(100% vg) and mentions no muted flavor especially compared to other clearos. maybe compared to rbas or rdas , but the convenience outweighs a tiny loss in flavor........

vdrummer

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Jersey
I tried the Aspire tank yesterday while at a shop in NJ. It was dual coil lr @ 11 watts. Have to say I was really impressed with the performance. The owner was rationing out the tanks and heads so everyone could get a chance to get to try it. I decided to wait till there is a higher quantity available. They seem to wick very well though at high power and are chain-vape friendly :vapor:

What shop in NJ?? Might be interested in a road trip tomorrow..

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I can tell you I do like these and I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying one. But I live an hour and a half from the shop that was selling them. I would have been bummed when I went through my 5 rationed heads and unable to get more. I fully understand why the owner was rationing these out and commend him for giving everyone a chance to get one while still in limited production.

you can always buy them on-line in a pinch- how long do you think it takes to go through 5 coils? last me at least 2-3 months. they might restock by then don't ya think?

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
I got my eGo threaded BDC in the mail yesterday. I ordered from Nhaler on the 25th with standard shipping. It's been working like a champ. Good flavor. No leaking, gurgling, or dry hits. Very easy to fill but, like pbusardo said, it's a little frustrating that you can't fill them all the way. All in all, no big deal. If it keeps on performing this way, it will easily become my go-to device.

Just a word of caution to those ordering the Vivi style from Nhaler: The unit reviewed in pbusardo's video came in a box with two spare heads. It was sent to him from the manufacturer. He mentioned Nhaler as a vendor that carried them. Nhaler is selling only the clearo unit with one installed head. They've updated the site to make that very clear now, but some people ordered right when the video came out assuming it would be the exact same thing pbusardo unboxed in his video and they were a bit surprised when they received just the clearo, no presentation box, no spare heads. The images of the clearo on the site still show it with the box, though. I don't really care about a box. Just more junk to throw away, but pictures really should match what you receive or it should be made clear what will be different.

The heads are available in a box of 5 for $13 ($2.60 per head before shipping). A little more than some other clearo heads, but when you see how intricate they are when psuardo dismantles them, it's hardly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread