Kanger T3 gurgling

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
First and foremost- Ive been around the site a while just new to posting. Hopefully I put this thread in the correct location. If I put this in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. And I tried to find adequate information from other posts but was unable to do so. So decided to post a new thread.

Ok, so I've read a number of posts and watched a number of videos to supposedly stop the T3 from gurgling when it gets low. I love this clearo but this is my only issue with it. I've tried a number of the recommendations without success. Wondering what any of you have tried that works. And no, I've yet to recoil it myself as I do not have the materials to do so.

I've added an extra flavor wick (no change, if anything my flavor is muted a bit)
I've flipped the silica ring over (it then began gurgling after 1/3 of tank instead of when it only has 1/3 tank left.
I have, whenever possible, left my system upside down so that the wicks do not saturate and flood the inner tube. This doesn't really do much either. And it's annoying.

I have heard that if I take the evod base and coil and put the t3 silica ring (flipped upside down) on top of the evod ring that all my problems will be solved. Have you found this to be true? I have a few EVODS, but I use them and don't have an extra base laying around. Is there a place that I can buy just the evod bases?

I would also hate to do thT and then be left with half a dozen T3 base/coils that would just collect dust. I don't like to waste stuff. If I did take from my evod and then took my T3 base and put it in my evod would it allow me to still use my EVODS?

In theory I can just refill it when it has 1/3 of a tank left. But if I'm out and about one day it's annoying that there's 1/3 in my tank that is simply not usable. I might as well just use the EVODS. But I have like 6 T3 clearos and I don't want to waste them.

Also, the T3 upgrade base that I have seen online, does this solve that problem? If I understand correctly it basically turns the T3 into a T3S, is that correct? Do the T3S clearos not gurgle when the tank is low? And if I were to buy the upgrade base, will evod heads fit in them? I have a few extra evod heads but as stated I do not have any extra bases.

I've also hear thicker juices sometimes work better. Most of the juice I've found myself using is fairly thin. It's not by choice, it's just what I've found that I like.

If if helps any- I use 2 joyetech 900 twists and a 350 mini ego (although the mini usually gets the EVODS put on it for some reason)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/information/feedback.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
This is direct from Kanger. Hopefully it will help you. They are speaking of a Protank but, the same will apply to the T3s.

The metal tube in the center of this Clearomizer leads from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling the Clearomizer.
When unfastening the base (atomizer head) to refill the Clearomizer, the seals are temporarily broken and liquid will leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the Clearomizer.
Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal tube in the center of the Clearomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the Clearomizer from the battery, wrap a cloth or tissue around the battery end of the Clearomizer and blow through the mouthpiece.
The atomizer head of the Protank can unfasten when unscrewing the tube or base. Always secure the atomizer head before reinstalling the base of the Protank.
It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the battery contact area when removing the Clearomizer or any atomizer. We recommend cleaning the battery before charging it.
When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eLiquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks.
Atomizer heads have an average lifespan between 10 to 20 days. When the atomizer head wears down, it may begin to leak. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.

Good luck!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
"I've added an extra flavor wick (no change, if anything my flavor is muted a bit)
I've flipped the silica ring over (it then began gurgling after 1/3 of tank instead of when it only has 1/3 tank left.
I have, whenever possible, left my system upside down so that the wicks do not saturate and flood the inner tube. This doesn't really do much either. And it's annoying. "

You may want to replace that oring as it was. It may be allowing juice to leak into the air tube. I am able to completely remove that ring but, I vape at higher voltages. It does not work for everyone.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Kanger has a similar write up about the T3 and the EVODS. Basically the same but interchanged product names. Each time I fill it I clean down the tube to ensure that I there is no residual liquid in the tube. The head and the base are one piece with the t3 so there is nothing to tighten up. I'm aware that the gurgling means liquid has found its way in tube and that keeping it filled above 1/3 of a tank will mostly stop this from happening, but like I said, this just seems like a complete waste of space and liquid. I might as well use one of my EVODS because 1/3 of 3 ml is 1ml and the EVODS hold just over 1.5 and I can basically suck them dry. But if I'm out and about all day and I have 3ml in a tank I want to be able to use it. That's why I would like to figure out how to stop the gurgling when the tank has about 1/3 left.

It's not leaking, so I don't think the Oring is damaged. However there is that little silica (idk what to call it but it's not really a ring, more like a cap that goes over the tube and down to the wicks) - that piece. Well like I said I've tried flipping it upside down and I have tried switching them from other T3s. No luck. They are all the same. Do you suggest I replace it with something different all together?

I've tried taking it off as well. Gurgles even sooner with it off no matter the voltage.

Thanks

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
O wait. I just re read what you wrote. I misread the last post. Yes, I put the silica ring back. I thought you were saying replace it, as in put so,etching else there. My apologies. Yes I had to put it back.

So with the ring there upside right, you are still getting gurgling? Did you try unscrewing it from your battery, putting a paper towel under the battery connection end and gently blowing through the mouthpiece? You have to have juice in the air tube IMO

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Also, be sure that the silicone seal that goes around the bottom of the base does not have any crimps in it. That would stop it from sealing correctly as well.

The few times that I ever got gurgling from a T3, I just raised my voltage up and vaped through it. That would not work for you without a VV mod though.

If all else fails, maybe try another base and coil?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
FYi- Kanger has gone to a universal coil now. Evod coils do fit and work in the new T3S base with the old and new T3s.

The more that I think about it, if you are having this happen when you get down to 1/3 tank of juice, the juice has to be seeping in where the bottom air tube meets the top air tube. That silicone ring should prevent that although you do have to refill the T3s when they get down to about 1/4 tank.

Last edited:

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Oh yes. Once the little ring is put back like it should be there is still gurgling. It happens when the tank has 1/3 ish left in it.

Every time I refill I take the base and run it under hot water making sure to get water down the small tube in the base and let it run down through the battery connector (with it off the bat of course). Then I paper towel dry the outside paying attention to the threads, the part that connects to the battery, and I twist up some paper towel and run it down the little tube on the base. And it's fine. Until the tank gets to be where it has 1/3 liquid left. Almost like clockwork. I can't take it off and clean it out even with 1/3 left but then it still seems to do it again.

The message from kanger is listed on. The site I bought it from. It's not like I didn't know it COULD happen. But I didn't realize it would happen with all of them!! And with so many "fixes" available that I found on forums I figured if I ran into a problem with ONE of them I could just use one of the fixes. But damn, every one of them, all the time! There has to be a way around it.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
FYi- Kanger has gone to a universal coil now. Evod coils do fit and work in the new T3S base with the old and new T3s.

I do have a VV ego twist. But it didn't seems to help with me.

Ok so what you are saying is that the evod/pro tank coils will def fit on the upgrade base that I've seen online for a few bucks? And if I did that I would just be "stuck" wasting the money, so to speak, with the old one piece base. And the new two piece does not have this gurgling problem at 1/3 tank?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Ok so what you are saying is that the evod/pro tank coils will def fit on the upgrade base that I've seen online for a few bucks? And if I did that I would just be "stuck" wasting the money, so to speak, with the old one piece base. And the new two piece does not have this gurgling problem at 1/3 tank?

The new base will work with all coils but, I am not sure that it will solve your problem or not. If this is happening with all of your older 1 piece bases, I just don't know. It would be worth a shot to get a new base and use an Evod coil if thats what you have IMO

I still have lots of the 1 piece base and coil for my T3s and I do not have a gurgling issue. So, it would be hard to say if that would solve your problem or not. Sorry that I could not be more help.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA

The more that I think about it, if you are having this happen when you get down to 1/3 tank of juice, the juice has to be seeping in where the bottom air tube meets the top air tube. That silicone ring should prevent that although you do have to refill the T3s when they get down to about 1/4 tank.

Yea it has something to do with a loss of vacuum suck. And when you tilt it up to vape then wicks are exposed to air. But even keeping it as straight as possible only helped a bit. The new base MIGHT be the best bet unless someone else has another suggestion. I guess I could always just keep the original bases as extra in case I run out. That is, if the new base with the evod coils stop this from happening. Like I said. I can vape my EVODS down to almost nothing.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
The new base will work with all coils but, I am not sure that it will solve your problem or not. If this is happening with all of your older 1 piece bases, I just don't know. It would be worth a shot to get a new base and use an Evod coil if thats what you have IMO

I still have lots of the 1 piece base and coil for my T3s and I do not have a gurgling issue. So, it would be hard to say if that would solve your problem or not. Sorry that I could not be more help.

Seems worth a few bucks to try. Pain in the .... but worth a shot. lol

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
the T3S has a different inside dimension - screw a evod base w/coil up in T3S (and vise-versa)
the air tubes don't match up...
and the evod coils won't fit in T3s bases...
from DV -- "These will also fit on the eVod but will not work with the T3s/MT3s
Kanger ProTank & Evod Coil Replacement - 5 Pack 2.5 ohms

hope to save you guys some troubles :)

Yea it has something to do with a loss of vacuum suck. And when you tilt it up to vape then wicks are exposed to air. But even keeping it as straight as possible only helped a bit. The new base MIGHT be the best bet unless someone else has another suggestion. I guess I could always just keep the original bases as extra in case I run out. That is, if the new base with the evod coils stop this from happening. Like I said. I can vape my EVODS down to almost nothing.

Seems worth a few bucks to try. Pain in the .... but worth a shot. lol

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
you have them both don't you ?

gently screw each up inside and have a look
they don't match, one set will be too long, the other allows for a big gap
you'll see the gap where the base does not screw up flush to the tank also
and actually, if you screw the one that's too long in hard enuff, you could crack your mouth piece

(I have them both and looked them over pretty good) :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I use old T3 Minis, and don't have this problem, so I can't help with the gurgle (I actually get a gurgle with a low EVOD more often!).
But I'll answer a couple little points from your first post.

1) Yes- you can get a new base for a T3, which makes it a T3S - and then you can replace just the coil, not the whole base anymore. The coils are different than those for ProTanks and EVODS... You CAN use a T3 coil in a ProTank - but you CAN'T use a ProTank coil in a T3.

2) You can get extra EVOD bases here.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes I have both. And if you take an evod base and coil and put it in a t3 there is a gap. BUT if you take the little ring off the top of the T3 head, flip it over and place it on top of the evod head ring, well it fits snug. I've done it to see but never vaped with it like that.

What we were talking about is the new upgrade base and using the evod coils with that bc now they are supposedly universal with that base. I just need to figure out if that "upgrade" gets rid of the gurgling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread