CASAA E-mail - Stealth Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first E-mail from CASAA for an urgent call to action regarding a proposed ban to E-cig use wherever smoking is banned in Orange county, FL. In the instructions of what to say when calling or writing the city council members was this suggestion:

4. Detail how electronic cigarette use is easy to distinguish from actual smoking. Although some e-cigarettes resemble real cigarettes, many do not. It is easy to tell when someone lights a cigarette, from the smell of smoke. E-cigarette vapor is practically odorless, and generally any detectable odor is not unpleasant and smells nothing like smoke. Additionally, e-cigarette users can decide whether to release any vapor ("stealth vaping"). With so little evidence of use, enforcing indoor use bans on electronic cigarettes would be nearly impossible.

Regarding the above comment highlighted in bold - I would like to know how one can vape and not release any vapor or "stealth vaping". It sounds like something I could use at times - I am using a tank system . Anyone know how this is done?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Another way: take a drag, hold it for a second, inhale a bit of just air, hold it for a second, exhale just a bit. If the bit of exhale is vapor free, done; if there's still some uncondensed vapor, inhale a bit of air, hold it for a second, etc. The vapor will all condense and you're stealth vaping.

Another way: take a drag, hold it for a second, inhale a bit of just air, hold it for a second, exhale just a bit. If the bit of exhale is vapor free, done; if there's still some uncondensed vapor, inhale a bit of air, hold it for a second, etc. The vapor will all condense and you're stealth vaping.
This takes some thought for me to do - good stuff to know for those "gotta have" moments.

Cumulonimbus Bliss

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
  • Deleted by spaky

bentyl

Feb 9, 2014
Statesboro, GA
Hold it in for a while. I find just a few seconds isn't enough for me. 10 seconds does the trick. Also, if you don't want to hold it that long or if there is still some vapor coming out, blow down to your lap and blow fast, cool air (and if you want to be really stealthy, you'll keep your head looking straight, place your upper lip a little forward, your lower lip a little back, and pucker up a bit kindof like you're whistling, but downwards. The vapor will be thin, and will dissipate extremely quickly.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Any time I am in public in an area where smoking is discouraged I stealth vape.

I do a shallow inhale, hold it, and then finish the inhale. When I let it out, there's nothing left.

Vaping does not give people a olfactory trigger, and if I don't exhale a cloud, I deny them the visual trigger as well. Without those, there is nothing to comment on, nothing to confront me of. And since my MVP2 in no way resembles an cigarette, no one makes the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread