Rookie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainmelt

Oct 1, 2013
London
Hello, I'm new round these parts and thought I'd get myself started and say hi.

Smoked for nearly 20 years, 20 a day, and just got me a little Ego kit and planning on sacking the analogues completely. I did try the cig-a-likes for a while but soon found they didn;t hit the spot, but this little jobbie seems to be hitting the nail on the head so far.

I'll invest in some better kit at some point soon, but in the meantime I'm going to experiment with strengths and flavours. But I just wanted to check something first. I'm sure I've read that you should ideally use a separate atomizer for different flavour juices - I guess to avoid contamination. Is this a real issue, and could anyone give me some recommendations for which atomizer I should invest in? Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times already!!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yeah, separate atomizers are a good idea as some juices really don't taste good at all when mixed. If you're using juice flavors that would complement each other, you could mix and come up with some pretty awesome flavor combinations, though.

I usually have 4-6 different tanks on the go at any given time as I like to swap out often throughout the day. :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Welcome to the asylum - melt...

Contamination of flavors and a potential screw-up of PG/VG flavor balance that can make 2 otherwise good juices taste like dirt... or worse.

"Tank cracker" juices need to be vaped in, preferably, glass, polypropylene or SS... so something to consider there.
I'm not going to recommend an atty type for you... there are too many variables that one can't account for with a subjective, one-size-fits-everybody-damnit... suggestion.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Just get a supply of simple clearos like evods, CE4s, Iclear 16 - whichever you prefer and assign one for each flavor type. I have bakery ones, coffee ones, tobacco ones etc and I purposely mix flavors - like coffee and bavarian cream for example. You just dont want to put a permeating flavor in and then a totally non complimentary flavor for the next tank - for example a menthol flavor and then refilling it with a bakery flavor - it will taste like toothpaste pastries :?:

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
It's not really "contamination". Using different flavors in the same device will just cause the new flavor to carry some of the old flavor unless you change the wicks. I've found that it usually takes a full tank of the new flavor to get rid of that taste. It's not completely horrible unless you are using two flavors that taste horrible together.

As far as what atomizer to use, that depends on what you really want. If you want a clearomizer, I like the Kanger T3S for bottom coil, and iClear 16s for top coil. If you want a cartomizer, any will do. If you want a carto-tank, I love the ones from IBTanked. I don't use an atomizer to drip, but I hear the HH .357 is nice.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I like the idea of mixing on purpose though - will let you know if I find any amazeballs combinations
I mix Absinthe with raspberry or watermelon (Usually around 70/30) fairly regularly.
chemist-smiley-emoticon.gif
Surprisingly tasty.

Brainmelt

Oct 1, 2013
London
I mix Absinthe with raspberry or watermelon (Usually around 70/30) fairly regularly.
chemist-smiley-emoticon.gif
Surprisingly tasty.

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a try. Haven't got much to play with at the moment but do have choc and orange, so an obvious starting point. I reckon I'll get myself a job lot of flavours for the weekend and have a play about. Thanks for the inspiration everyone.

Is there already a thread for juice combo's?

Brainmelt

Oct 1, 2013
London
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread