Another New Vape'r

Status
Not open for further replies.

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
Hi all...been a cig smoker for 38yrs.... just recently had my second open heart surgery. Ran into a vendor at The mall and learned there are better options for Ecigs than the crap I tried from the drug store. The guy there was vaping on a coffee flavored juice that caught my attention. He convinced me the cig style with cartridges was the way to start out. Only problem Ive had so far was with him saying a cartridge was comparable to a pack of cigs.... not true in my opinion. Ive also found that I need a bigger setup. ..a mod as Ive seen them called.

Picked up a 10ml bottle of 24mg to try refilling my cartridges....I've got a lot to learn yet.

I can also tell 10ml bottles are not for users of mods with tanks unless youve got money to burn or vape in this case.

learned alot from watching Grimm Green videos on YouTube. Hope to learn alot more here!

thanks for reading
j

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Hello and Welcome
This is a great place to learn anything You would like to know about vaping.
Browse these forums, continue to watch youtube videos ask any questions You may have.
There are many many online vendors where You can get bigger bottles of juice. Mt Baker Vapor and ecBlends are great places to start trying different flavors, both have huge sections, great prices and fast service.
And as I said before do not hesitate to ask any questions You may have ECF is full of good people who will help You any way they can

Last edited:

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
The rate at which you blow through juicy depends on alot of things. I would recomend looking into ego style batteries with a simple clearomizer (not ce4) i find vivi novas and kanger pro tanks work best for me.
I cant emphasize enough the need to research however, lots of vendor especailly thos oreinted more toward beginer vapers over charge significantly.
Welcome to the vaping world
Enjoy!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, the kiosk vendors in the mall are notorious for misrepresenting how their products compare to an analog (cigarette). Accept it as part of the learning process...at least you got your foot in the door by learning about e-cigarettes.

Most people start out with the cigalikes (cigarette-size batteries) and that may get them off of the smokes. But people soon learn that the entire cigalike exerience is lacking in battery time, juice attachment options, and performance in general. They start advancing up the vaping ladder with bigger and better gear.

Vision Spinner ego battery with Kanger Protank clearomizer

The intermediate step would be an ego battery setup like above. That's a Vision Spinner ego battery with a Kanger Protank clearomizer. This gives 6 - 12 hours use per battery charge and larger e-liquid capacity, and a much more satisfying vaping experience. Some models, like the Spinner or Twist, have variable voltage.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg iTaste MVP with an iClear 30 clearomizer

The next step is APVs (advanced personal vaporizers), or mods. These offer even more options with replaceable rechargeable batteries or large-capacity built-in batteries, like the above Innokin iTaste MVP which can go up to 3 days on a charge. This is an affordable mod for entry level or advanced vapors alike. It has variable voltage to adjust the vapor to your preference, and to adjust to each flavor you use.

478_0.jpg blue-chrome-ext.jpg Provari with an RBA juice attachment

Above is a tube-form mod that uses replaceable rechargeable batteries, called a Provari from Provape. It is a high end APV which also has variable voltage, a built-in battery and ohm meter, and is known for its ability to precisely sustain the set voltage from the beginning of a new battery until it needs to be replaced.

Reo bottom feeding box mods

Another form factor for mods are the box mods, many of which are bottom feeders. These have both the battery and the juice contained inside the mod; there is a little window in the body where you press the juice bottle to feed the liquid up to the atomizer attachment. This is a self-contained unit preferred by many. The Reo is the most popular name brand. These are usually mechanical mods that have no variable power options.

Caravella.jpg otto-carter-chi_you-Tribal.jpg high-end Caravella and Otto Carver mechanical mods

Mechanical mods are un-regulated, meaning they contain no computer to regulate voltage, they depend solely on the battery's voltage output. They also contain no built-in safety features like a regulated mod has. Some of these are high end, very expensive, and very beautiful due to the quality of materials and workmanship used to create them.

There's a variety of toppers, or juice attachments that can be used on the battery devices - Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Last edited:

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
Hello and welcome! I'm new too, last analog 7 days and 14 hours ago. This community is extremely supportive for us newbies. Keep cruising through the forum and those you tube videos. Happy vaping!
Welcome! Ive been reading this forum for a while but just finally got around to registering.

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
Thanks yall. .. I wish I could say I havent touched an analog, as they're called here, since starting with the vape. Old habits,38yrs, are so damn hard to break but thats the goal. Didnt have any cigs for 2 days then had to try them again.... tasted like crap.

I think once I get a bigger VV/VW and tank I'll feel totally fullfilled.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Don't beat Yourself up about having analogs while You begin vaping, It's the ones You don't smoke that matter more. Some people quit smoking right away for others it takes some time, days, weeks and even months You have to do it at YOUR pace and whats right for You. You now have the desire to quit the stinkies and continue to vape thats the important part.

And You found a great place here at ECF to guide You along in the process, and before too long You just might be helping others who are where You are now

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
Been looking at the Itaste mvp v2.... I dont quite understand the VV mods with a single battery claiming variable voltage. Fully charged single battery is only about 4.2.
Its not a problem Just trying to wrap my head around that one....I know you can go down in voltage from there but not up without a transformer of some sort.

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
Thanks yall. .. I wish I could say I havent touched an analog, as they're called here, since starting with the vape. Old habits,38yrs, are so damn hard to break but thats the goal. Didnt have any cigs for 2 days then had to try them again.... tasted like crap.

I think once I get a bigger VV/VW and tank I'll feel totally fullfilled.
its not all that uncommon for people to not quite analogs entirely initially. Im one of those people, and found after a few weeks I found analogs nasty and vaping really pleasurable
I would recommend and an ego-c or vision product as your first step into the vv world

DruidPriest

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Don't beat Yourself up about having analogs while You begin vaping, It's the ones You don't smoke that matter more. Some people quit smoking right away for others it takes some time, days, weeks and even months You have to do it at YOUR pace and whats right for You. You now have the desire to quit the stinkies and continue to vape thats the important part.

And You found a great place here at ECF to guide You along in the process, and before too long You just might be helping others who are where You are now

Couldn't agree more... My set up is simple eGo style 510 battery and ce4 clearomizers "i know I know... They were cheap and available locally" about to try a mt3 clearomizer. But while my battery charges I will have a stick just to get through... My next step is a spare or maybe larger battery... Time will tell. Keep fighting the good fight.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk now Free

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi all...been a cig smoker for 38yrs.... just recently had my second open heart surgery. Ran into a vendor at The mall and learned there are better options for Ecigs than the crap I tried from the drug store. The guy there was vaping on a coffee flavored juice that caught my attention. He convinced me the cig style with cartridges was the way to start out. Only problem Ive had so far was with him saying a cartridge was comparable to a pack of cigs.... not true in my opinion. Ive also found that I need a bigger setup. ..a mod as Ive seen them called.

Picked up a 10ml bottle of 24mg to try refilling my cartridges....I've got a lot to learn yet.

I can also tell 10ml bottles are not for users of mods with tanks unless youve got money to burn or vape in this case.

learned alot from watching Grimm Green videos on YouTube. Hope to learn alot more here!

thanks for reading
j

Welcome to ECF 4star60, glad you made the move to Vaping

I think the best set up for some one starting out is this (just add juice)
dependable, simple, cheap & looks good

- Kanger eVod Kit - Red
- Kanger ProTank & Evod Coil Replacement **5 Pack - 2.2 ohms

and here's a cool video that explains a lot about how it all works :
- A PBusardo Review All About The EVOD - Includes Recoiling - YouTube

now of course this is just my thoughts, but it's something for you to look over

Good Luck ~ Happy Vaping :)

Baditude: post #5 should be a POSTER best I've seen, nice job !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Been looking at the Itaste mvp v2.... I dont quite understand the VV mods with a single battery claiming variable voltage. Fully charged single battery is only about 4.2.
Its not a problem Just trying to wrap my head around that one....I know you can go down in voltage from there but not up without a transformer of some sort.

Variable voltage mods use micro computers using buck boost circuitry to increase the voltage to the heating coils above the 4.2 volts of the battery. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/420085-how-vv-acheived.html

This comes at the expense of utilizing more power from the battery and slightly less battery time use. Regulated mods require the use of high drain batteries, known as IMR batteries. The MVP has a specially designed, built-in hybrid battery that is high drain and high capacity. You can even charge a cell phone or iPod with it.

These micro computers also add built-in safety features that a single voltage mechanical mod does not have, so they are a better choice for a novice getting into more advanced e-cigs.

Last edited:

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
Muwahahaha... just came back from the mall and the guy had a micro-tank for my E-cig for 10 bucks. It works better than the cartridge so far. I dont have the money right now or I would have really got into some trouble! Lol... next week... but it has a pretty big hit compared to the cartridges and I can tell when I move up the 24mg is probably going to be stronger than I want.
Thanks again for all the advice and replies... I think vaping instead of smoking will make my cardiologist very happy.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread