No appetite for juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Haven't been vaping long, under 2 months. Still really enjoying it. But lately I am just so bored with juice. I can hardly believe it. I used to spend hours online shopping for juice, and would end up with carts full of hundreds of dollars worth of yummy sounding flavors. It was just that EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO DELICIOUS!

Now I seem to have lost my appetite. Nothing sounds good at all. And I am sad, because fun flavors is half the fun.

I have in my possession some awesome juices; flavors I vowed to never be without. Even those seem meh.

Have you ever been ina slump llike this?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well, it's either a case of vaper's tongue - or you're bored.

I went through "bored" a few months in. I could still taste everything - so it wasn't a case of vaper's tongue - but it all kinda went meh. You don't want to hear my cure - but I needed to change things up and find a new liquids vendor. That got my interest back in short order.

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi. Have you found an all day vape? Once I did that made everything easier for me. I do get bored with the flavors too. When that happens, I switch it up and try something totally different. I have found I like juices from just a few vendors. And I can tell which is from which vendor. So, try a few different vendors, a few from each. Do you find you go after just bakery, or fruit, or tobacco. Try something different. I hate menthols and mints, but I happened to stumble onto a peppermint that is awesome. When I get super bored or nothing tastes right, I vape the peppermint for a few hours and it seem to 'reset' my taste buds.

Make sure your attys and clearos are cleaned often. That will affect the taste of your juice. Play with the voltage. Turning it up or down a little for different juices will make a difference in taste also.

Sometimes you hit a few days where everything just tastes blah. It happens to everybody. Sometimes it can last almost a week for me. It will pass.

Haven't been vaping long, under 2 months. Still really enjoying it. But lately I am just so bored with juice. I can hardly believe it. I used to spend hours online shopping for juice, and would end up with carts full of hundreds of dollars worth of yummy sounding flavors. It was just that EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO DELICIOUS!

Now I seem to have lost my appetite. Nothing sounds good at all. And I am sad, because fun flavors is half the fun.

I have in my possession some awesome juices; flavors I vowed to never be without. Even those seem meh.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California

I'm a bit over a year in and I still haven't found a juice I can vape all day every day... I wish I would find something already but havent... now I'm just shopping for low cost juice with a decent to good flavor. I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the yaelik juice (or something like that). It's from isreal I believe and its $28 for 100ml of juice shipped! Right now with the amount I put into mods and attys, I can't afford $0.50 a ml... lol I'm still undecided on what flavor to get from that vendor because that decision will decide if I will purchase anymore from him. Anybody have any experience with this vendor? If so, would would you recommend? I like very suttle fruit flavors.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I would suggest getting into the DIY part of the adventure. I think the homemade ones taste better. I am still real new myself but there are some really simple recipes. And I feel like I am saving even more money. I think everyone gets into a tootrut every once in a while. This to my child, shall pass. heehee Even when the juice tastes "meh" it still tastes better than cigarettes. If you have a fruit flavor that you like.... add a drop or 2 or lemon juice to make it pop. Make some menthol in PGA to add throat hit. Play around and have fun has taken on a whole new meaning for me since I started vaping. bahahahahaha Good luck to ya.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands

I can't say that I have, but I just found an excellent vendor early on, (Nicoticket), and found my favorites; H1N1, Custard's Last Stand, Betelgeuse, and Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. These flavors are complex and delicious enough that I've yet to become bored.

In your case, I might suggest buying some DIY supplies and coming up with your own flavors. Making your own should reignite your enthusiasm, I'd think.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
i feel ya on getting burned out on flavors. i find a day or two with some unflavored usually cures it for me.i have yet to get tired of my apollo RY4, Vapeking VK4 and VK Supreme though, but i still do take some flavor time off from time to time. some flavorless with a few drops of sweetener in it is kinda nice too

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Well the good news is that Is didn't actually BUY all those flavors, but I was so tempted because they all sounded so delist.

Now none of them even sound good. Maybe in part because I realize the reality of the juice... It's not like eating the actual food/drink. It has its innate limitations.

I think what it boils down to is that the honeymoon might be over lol. Now all that was magical about vaping has become a reality... I am not a lovesick girls anymore if that makes any sense!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Well the good news is that Is didn't actually BUY all those flavors, but I was so tempted because they all sounded so delist.

Now none of them even sound good. Maybe in part because I realize the reality of the juice... It's not like eating the actual food/drink. It has its innate limitations.

I think what it boils down to is that the honeymoon might be over lol. Now all that was magical about vaping has become a reality... I am not a lovesick girls anymore if that makes any sense!

Just change the way you think about vaping.

I enjoy vaping RY4s in my car, because my car then smells like a bakery :) And who doesn't like the aroma of freshly baked cookies?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Yeah, sorta. But you still need to jiggle something to make sure you don't wander back to smoking. Here's something relatively cheap for some really good liquid. You don't need to blow a bazillion dollars to try some new stuff:

The Vapor Room, five bottle 6 ml sampler pack. Pick any flavors you want from the line up - this isn't a pre-packaged sampler.

First time customer gets a free 15 ml bottle of your choice.

Every order gets a free 3 ml sample. You can even request flavors for that one, but since it's a freebie you don't always get your request. But you always get something.

Code THANKYOU gets you 10% off your order.

Shipping is $4.00

As a first time customer that gets you 48 ml's, covering seven different flavors, for only $22.00 - shipping included.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
That's why I always recommend new members not to buy a ton of liquid. Stick with a few you can live with and save your money for other stuff. Hardware!

I wish I had all the money back I wasted on liquid.

Oh Caridwen, don't we all! If we were to combine our lost $$$, we could BUY the FDA! ;)

To the newbs... it IS difficult at times. None of us found and loved any particular vliquid right off the batt (ok, pun intended). Sample bottles will be your best friend. No vaper can tell you what you will like, even if it's a particularly popular flavor. And, as we know, our tastes change, so the variables just keep adding up.

For me, when I'm having an off-day (days, week), I'll vape a peppermint for awhile. That seems to help. Another thing that helps me is to actually walk away from any device that's handy and just NOT vape for awhile (gulp... did I just say that??). Have a bite to eat, brush those pearly whites, whatever. When the urge to vape strikes, you might be more likely to enjoy what's in your topper.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
So glad to run into this thread! I thought it was just me! Thankfully, not only is it not just me, it will also pass. Thank God.

Hang in there, I think there is a lot of good advice, and it will get better.
I think I may try some menthol tomorrow.

Another idea (if you have some mint or menthol vliquid) is to add just a dab to a flavor you "like" (hmmm... aren't totally bored with). :)

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Glad to hear you didn't act on buying all of it! I did, and have paid forward literally hundreds of mLs of juice I didn't care for. And still have literally 100s of mLs in my juice cabinet. I wish I could trade it all in for an equal amount of about 6-8 flavors I actually am really happy with..I'd be set for a year and maybe actually start making this less expensive than smoking!

I think we hit that point where the hobby part of it gets a little less fun. At first I spent hours and hours online looking at sites, hanging out here, deciding what to order next. I'm only a bit over four months in, but I'm less obsessed now. It's kind of like smoking in a way. When we first started way back when, it was this cool new thing (though never as cool/fun as vaping!) and after awhile it was just the normal routine. Get up, make coffee, have a smoke..blah blah blah.

If you can find a few flavors that keep you happy enough to not be on cigs, just go with that until something piques your interest again. Or maybe it won't. Not everyone has to make it into a big obsessive hobby! :)

macmiddlebrooks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Not everyone has to make it into a big obsessive hobby! :)

While I agree with this when it comes to hardware (and many would disagree), I think researching/trying out vendors with more complex flavored juices is fun and keeps me from getting bored with vaping. Also, for me, focusing more on regular dripping has made vaping FAR more enjoyable than carto's/tanks/clearo's. As always YMMV :2c:!

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Macmiddle, I see what you mean, but I didn't mean not ever try anything new. I meant that it isn't for everyone to constantly spend hours researching forums, buying something new once a week, and generally putting a ton of mental energy into vaping. Not that this is bad..I'm still obsessed to some extent myself! Just that it's okay to also just ..vape. Smoking wasn't a "hobby" for me.

The only reason this is an important thing to remember for me is this: I also struggle with my weight. When I'm "obsessed" with whatever diet I'm trying, I do well. As soon as I get bored with the counting and tracking and generally having it take up most of my mental space, the diet goes by the wayside. The only way I am successful is when the new way of eating and moving becomes normal for me..part of the normal routine and not just the latest hobby I am interested in. God forbid vaping is ever like that for me and I go back to analogs because I'm bored with the hobby. Vaping just needs to be my norm, even if I no longer feel like spending hours reading and researching.

Just my .02 :)

crank

Oct 16, 2013
middleburg
I can't say that I have, but I just found an excellent vendor early on, (Nicoticket), and found my favorites; H1N1, Custard's Last Stand, Betelgeuse, and Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. These flavors are complex and delicious enough that I've yet to become bored.

In your case, I might suggest buying some DIY supplies and coming up with your own flavors. Making your own should reignite your enthusiasm, I'd think.
h1n1 is not the name of anything i woud ever want to vape. no matter how good it is. that almost killed me. i really cant believe someone would name a juice that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread