"Non traditional Smoker" and e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, I don't and have never smoked cigarettes for the kick of nicotine however I am far from a non smoker. I personally enjoy hand rolled cigars, already own a small e-cig (Volt @ 0mg), smoke hookah (Shisha) occasionally and nights of heavy drinking smoke cigarettes as a cigar (don't inhale).

I am going to be picking up a EGO-C Twist battery and an undecided cartomizer here this week as there is a litecigusa store not even 1/4 mile from my house. I have some e-liquid coming from smokeless image @ 0mg and hope to be vaping with a heavier vapor end of this week.

So does anyone else smoke e-cigs for other than to quite smoking? I understand most people here are using them to get away from smoking traditional cigarettes. I personally enjoy the calmness of sitting at my desk working toking on a good flavor and feeling the vapor roll through my lips. I feel like you can enjoy e-cigs same as I enjoy a cigar or hookah, its a calming activity, its fun, it creates a social vibe and there are so many flavors to try!

What is everyone's thoughts on e-cigs as a recreational type activity as opposed to just a way to get off of cigarettes?

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
As the title says, I don't and have never smoked cigarettes for the kick of nicotine however I am far from a non smoker. I personally enjoy hand rolled cigars, already own a small e-cig (Volt @ 0mg), smoke hookah (Shisha) occasionally and nights of heavy drinking smoke cigarettes as a cigar (don't inhale).
All of the tobacco products above are delivering nicotine, even when you don't inhale. :)

So does anyone else smoke e-cigs for other than to quite smoking?
I'm vaping both to quit cigarettes and as someone who enjoys the ritual activity. In other words, I will probably vape long term simply because I enjoy it. Many non-smokers try vaping, often without nicotine, for enjoyment. And we've got at least one non-smoker here who vapes to avoid snacking. :)

I personally enjoy the calmness of sitting at my desk working toking on a good flavor and feeling the vapor roll through my lips. I feel like you can enjoy e-cigs same as I enjoy a cigar or hookah, its a calming activity, its fun, it creates a social vibe and there are so many flavors to try!
This is why I started smoking pipes and cigars in the first place, and why I first smoked cigarettes.

What is everyone's thoughts on e-cigs as a recreational type activity as opposed to just a way to get off of cigarettes?
Enjoy!

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Every part of it but the smell. I enjoyed smoking a pipe and enjoyed that smell. I still enjoy a nicely wrapped cigar, every other weekend. There is a cigar bar in town that we go to after 11. Get to watch some games and sit with other smoking efficiandos while having a pint and a cigar/cigarette/pipe or even my vape. My lime green volt got a good laugh from some dude that was smoking a tree stump.

Smoke them if you got them.. vape if you prefer.

Last edited:
All of the tobacco products above are delivering nicotine, even when you don't inhale. :)

Haha I guess I more meant I don't have a dependent or addictive need to the nicotine.

I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Every part of it but the smell. I enjoyed smoking a pipe and enjoyed that smell. I still enjoy a nicely wrapped cigar, every other weekend. There is a cigar bar in town that we go to after 11. Get to watch some games and sit with other smoking efficiandos while having a pint and a cigar/cigarette/pipe or even my vape. My lime green volt got a good laugh from some dude that was smoking a tree stump.

Smoke them if you got them.. vape if you prefer.

Nothing like a good beer or mixed drink and a cigar :2cool:

I am not a "traditional smoker" No cigs, but used to do the occasional cigar and hookah. But now I vape exclusively and don't even bother with cigars or hookahs. Easier, cheaper and more convenient. I vape 0 nic and loving it.

I don't think I could ever completely leave cigars, in fact I know I can't. I love going into my humidor and grabbing something different every time or going back to my favorites like Punch, Macanudo or Cohiba.

I would like to replace using friends hookah's with an e-cig. I love the thickness and full body taste of a hookah but not the setup, care, etc.

Maybe I'll find some cigar flavored liquids for a close second to my cigars, so many flavors!

Last edited:
I was a traditional smoker (pack a day), smoked shisha almost every weekend and some week days. I started vaping not necessarily to stop smoking, but to stop inhaling all the toxins and from smelling and tasting like an ashtray.

I still smoke shisha and that will never stop. There is almost nothing like sitting with a group of friends, sipping an a little Gentleman Jack and smoking some rose flavored shisha.

I will, at some point start to reduce the nicotine level in the e-juice I buy, just not yet. I will also continue vaping because there is a sense of calm and the ritualistic nature (as others have mentioned) that I truly enjoy.

Danariel

Oct 3, 2013
Nashville, TN
I successfully quit cigarettes 14 years ago using patches - but put on 45 lbs in the interim. I picked up vaping a couple of weeks ago as a way to keep from snacking, at low nicotine strength, as an appetite suppressant.

I posted that in my introductory thread almost expecting to hear "You're an idiot! You were already off nicotine, why'd you start back?!" but no one's said that yet. However, I know my Mom would, if I ever told her. Pretty funny, a 43 year old woman hiding a vice from her mother...however, I'm hoping to talk my Dad into going to VolVapor with me to try out some flavors in the hopes of getting him to switch over. He's 78, and having really bad stomach issues that the doctor can't diagnose.

I successfully quit cigarettes 14 years ago using patches - but put on 45 lbs in the interim. I picked up vaping a couple of weeks ago as a way to keep from snacking, at low nicotine strength, as an appetite suppressant.

I posted that in my introductory thread almost expecting to hear "You're an idiot! You were already off nicotine, why'd you start back?!" but no one's said that yet. However, I know my Mom would, if I ever told her. Pretty funny, a 43 year old woman hiding a vice from her mother...however, I'm hoping to talk my Dad into going to VolVapor with me to try out some flavors in the hopes of getting him to switch over. He's 78, and having really bad stomach issues that the doctor can't diagnose.

Its funny you said all of this. I've been searching this forum for a few days now and I've seen a lot of people not only overcome smoking traditional cigarettes but control eating habits (also mentioned earlier in this thread) as you have brought up too or to simply cope with the habitual side of cigarettes which can be just as addictive.

I hope things work out well with your father!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread