Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
This thread may be moved since it doesn't really involve the provari but wanted the provarian replies!! I have driptips ranging from a couple bucks to 10 bucks and just decided to get a couple glass tips from tripsy--the most I have paid for a driptip!! Do y'all think the tip affects the flavor, vape, etc. other than the way it may feel in your lips due to the type of material it is?? Do you notice any difference in the quality of vape?

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
My favorite feel is the longer metal tips. I like the cold metal on my lips. This one is from cigtechs..... I think it was $10. I got a brass one too. Ergonomics is important as well. And it just sits and seals well on my lips.

ReJ3FVB.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
At one time I was a drip tip collector. My preference is for pyrex or Tru-stone for the way they feel on my lips. I also like the shapes and appearance of the ones that I have. As previously said above, these do not transfer heat from an attachment like an RBA which can generate a fair amount of heat from continued use.

I've not noticed that tips can affect flavor, but can affect comfort on the lips, and the longer variety can affect the vapor temperature. I consider tips to be a way to express personal expression by their appearance, and a beautifully designed tip allows me to enjoy my vaping experience more.

sagewood_dt (1542).jpg hotvapes.jpg

Above is my favorite pyrex tip I got from Sagewood Glass shown above on my VMod, and a few pyrex tips received from Hot Vapes.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

My Tru-stone collection consists of the white Bull Box Mods tip shown on an AGA on my white SB, and two from Drip Tip Designz which are currently on my two AGA-T2's to color match the pyrex tubes (pic shows Cherry Vape Dream Tips on the AGAs).

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg knuckleheadtip.jpg

Although not a huge fan of metal tips, I do use the SS Freudian Drip Tip from Pink Spot Vapors because of its unique shape/style; its longer length allows the vapor to be cooled before it reaches my mouth. The long slender tip in the second pic is from My Freedom Smokes. My favorite tips and most used on my cartotanks are the Knucklheads, they are comfortable and adjustable and come in handy while vaping & driving. They come in multiple colors and are relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
They all look fantastic but I gather they are more of a novelty and a piece of conversation other than ones issues with steel, etc. I am having a custom phiniac tank with orange sandblasted dolphins with the teal caps and to finish the top with something "special". Ordered one of trippys tips that appeared to have some orange and blues, we will see...please let me know if you see a tip that would just be awesome on my new Miami dolphins tank....wake up Ocelot and hunt this one of a kind driptip to tie it all in. You can see the tank on phiniacs home page as a model-showing a teal driptip, looks ok as I ordered it but want a more dolphins color scheme. Wake up Oce, time to hunt!! Willing to splurge for stone,glass, something nice!!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I shall check the Phiniac site.

Now that you are up and hunting, I need a very nice orange and teal patterned driptip per the dolphins colors. I can use the teal drip that matches the teal caps but wanted to contrast the tank a little since the only orange is the sandblasted dolphins on the clear tank. Get to work please!!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I do like it butttt can you tell if the tip is textured or smooth, I can't. My first impression was melting wax, but I have taken my sleep aid and get a little delirious!! Not bad but not totally excited. Hunt again please

It's smooth, it's lampwork glass. The only tips I can think of that would have "texture" would be wood, the ones with the metal braids (I can't think on the vendor right now), and flaws in the aluminum tips.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
It's smooth, it's lampwork glass. The only tips I can think of that would have "texture" would be wood, the ones with the metal braids (I can't think on the vendor right now), and flaws in the aluminum tips.
Not bad but even if it is half teal and half orange-metal braids sounds interesting--something different that c,early states it's a Miami dolphins driptip once put upon my new tank. Thanks anyway

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread