Kanger ProTank II keeps flooding for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my second KPT II. I am extremely frustrated because the atomizer keeps getting flooded...no matter what I do. I sold my first vape unit, it was a k101 mod with a kanger protank 2. Just wanted to get something different for aesthetic reasons. Anyways, I was like "well....i guess i could get another protank 2" because i really liked the tank in general but it just kept flooding (even with my first one). Now i have my brand new protank 2 that I just bought like 3 days ago. When I first popped in the new atomizer heads, it was clean and I had a great vape. Its when I refill it, I get problems...Im not doing anything fancy....just simply filling up my tank with my juice. Wipe down the atomizer head a bit, and make sure its screwed on nice and tight. But even when i do that i still get a gurgly/muted/flooded noise when I fire it. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? I tried everything really... I even tried removing a flavor wick but nothing has worked.

Setup: Kanger ProTank 2 at 1.8 ohms on a SmokTech Magneto (mech mod) - with a 3.7 2000 MAH Efest Battery

juice: Blue Hawaiian's Surfs Up. I believe its 50/50 pg/vg but i could be wrong.

PLEASE HELP MEEE :/

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I even tried removing a flavor wick but nothing has worked.

Put it back in. If it's flooding you need more wick in there not less. If you have some silica around the place, try putting another flavor wick over the top of the coil. You could even get an old head and pull a flavor wick off that to use in the head.

Flooding is caused because too much liquid is getting into the holes where the wick sits. If you don't have enough wick in there, the liquid just flows into the holes and floods the coil.

You'll get it, just fiddle with it, it'll work eventually.

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
Put it back in. If it's flooding you need more wick in there not less. If you have some silica around the place, try putting another flavor wick over the top of the coil. You could even get an old head and pull a flavor wick off that to use in the head.

Flooding is caused because too much liquid is getting into the holes where the wick sits. If you don't have enough wick in there, the liquid just flows into the holes and floods the coil.

You'll get it, just fiddle with it, it'll work eventually.

See Above!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Makes perfect sense to me. If the boat has a hole letting water in, poke another to let the water back out.:blink:

Put the wick back in. (Never add fuel to a fire)
Clean the base(Hot Water)
Pop the pipe off the coil head
Install the removed wick
Install the pipe
Look from the side to be sure the pipe is fully seated
Look from the side to be sure the wick is FILLING the slot - NO Open Gaps - Gaps=leaks
Place the silicone seal lightly back on the pipe - Let the upper pipe seat it as the base is installed
Fluff wick ends and install the base back in the tank

What most assume is Flooding is nothing more than residual e-liquid and Condensation built up it the tube.
Flooding would be an actual emptying of the tank
Residual build up is from:
To low power setting - not fully vaporizing e-liquid
Short/very light draws - not pulling Vapor out of tube
Power held on through end of vape - excess vaporized liquid hanging in tube

Smooth draws over 4 seconds with power released before end of draw to evacuate tube works best.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Flooding on these tanks has as much to do with air flow as does wick dimension. If your air flow is restricted at the base, negative pressure will build up inside the tank and force too much liquid to the wicks. Conversely, too much air flow (loose draw) will cause your wicks to dry out faster than they are replenished leading to dry hits. In your case check to make sure your draw isn't too tight. If it's not the air flow, then it could be your juice is on the thin side. Also, make sure the rubber grommet around the head is there. You'd be surprised how many times I've left that thing off after checking my coils only to find myself in gurgle city moments later.

Simple suggestion here - I've occasionally gotten bad atomizer heads before that flood, brand new out of the bubble packaging - could it be possible you simply have a bad atomizer in there? Replace the head and see if that solves the issue for you.

The other thing I might be thinking of... I'd disassemble the whole Protank, wash it out, and just make sure the O-rings are in place. Perhaps replace them with the extras that came with the Protank II kit? If one of those O-rings is bad, it won't be preserving the 'vacuum' inside the tank, and it'll start to gurgle and fill up with juice...

JackShift

Oct 10, 2013
Tacoma,Wa
Simple suggestion here - I've occasionally gotten bad atomizer heads before that flood, brand new out of the bubble packaging - could it be possible you simply have a bad atomizer in there? Replace the head and see if that solves the issue for you.

The other thing I might be thinking of... I'd disassemble the whole Protank, wash it out, and just make sure the O-rings are in place. Perhaps replace them with the extras that came with the Protank II kit? If one of those O-rings is bad, it won't be preserving the 'vacuum' inside the tank, and it'll start to gurgle and fill up with juice...

i love you, you just solved an issue with a tank i got fed up with and chucked in my desk.

meldee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Westerville, OH
I have a protank 2 that just kept flooding no matter what I tried. Flipping the cap, adding/removing flavor wicks, replacing heads all together. Nothing worked and the stupid thing flooded almost immediately. It was unusable. Then I found a suggestion on a random blog, tried it, and it hasn't flooded since!

Here's a pic. Basically you leave the original cap as is, and add a second cap, flipped over, right over it:
6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread