What if Disposables Didn't have the light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I've had it with buying disposables. I haven't found one yet retail that lives up to its promises and this is because the battery, without fail, dies prematurely. Wouldn't the battery last longer if there wasn't a stupid light on the end of the cig? Or is the power it takes to light that little light insignificant, compared to what it takes to vape the liquid? I would think if there wasn't a light attached to the end of the cig the battery would last longer and it wouldn't burn out so quickly. Do we really need a light to tell us vapor is coming out (I don't, the throat hit tells me that) or is it just to make us feel like we're actually smoking a cigarette? If it came down to having a stupid light or having a few more puffs, I'd take the puffs because I'm not paying for the stupid light. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
For what you spend on disposables you could get a nice set-up & have a much more pleasurable exp.. Heck you could have a Provari for prob less than a months worth of disposables.

Yes, I understand that, but I'm not ready to invest in a kit nor have I been able to research which are the best kits. I'm smoking disposables to see if I like it enough to even do that. I think that's what a lot of people do. Also, in my case, I simply don't have the time to make vaping a hobby at this point, just want something that I can pull out of my pocket with ease while I'm working or doing whatever. Unfortunately the disposable market has a lot to be desired, mainly because of the battery problem. My guess is that I'm out here right now in the the suburbs of Chicago on an extended stay for a job and the stores around me probably don't sell a lot of disposables so they've probably been sitting there for who knows how long draining their batteries. My little White Cloud Fling that I got through the mail directly from White Cloud lasted three times as long as the Finiti that I got from the local Walgreens, for example, even though the Fling is suppose to equal one pack and the Finiti two packs.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
That's so you can see you receipt where you paid too much for a bad flashlight! LOL
(The white lighted ones)

Honestly if you are looking for a cigarette / cigar / smoking replacement device, the cigalikes as they are called rarely help or rather satisfy most smokers.

I earnestly suggest you search these forums for suggestions on getting started in vaping, and look for direction / suggestions on "stater type kits or set ups"

I know that is not what you started this discussion about, but I personally started with the cigalikes as many of us do in an attempt to get off the smokes, not necessarily to quit nicotine....

I am a vaping fiend and use very high strength nic juice so no I am not trying to quit nic, but I know if you or anyone wants to quit the "smoking" habit and replace it something a little stick with a led in it will ultimately just hack you off!

My two :2c: worth...

Personally I think the light is stupid and makes me feel like I'm playing with a child's toy. OK I can see the reason for a red one that actually looks like the end of a cig but a big white or blue bulb at the end of your cig?? WHY???

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
That's so you can see you receipt where you paid too much for a bad flashlight! LOL
(The white lighted ones)

Honestly if you are looking for a cigarette / cigar / smoking replacement device, the cigalikes as they are called rarely help or rather satisfy most smokers.

I earnestly suggest you search these forums for suggestions on getting started in vaping, and look for direction / suggestions on "stater type kits or set ups"

I know that is not what you started this discussion about, but I personally started with the cigalikes as many of us do in an attempt to get off the smokes, not necessarily to quit nicotine....

I am a vaping fiend and use very high strength nic juice so no I am not trying to quit nic, but I know if you or anyone wants to quit the "smoking" habit and replace it something a little stick with a led in it will ultimately just hack you off!

My two :2c: worth...

Actually in my case it is the exact OPPOSITE. I started vaping in order to take up the habit again. I quit smoking about eight years ago for two reasons: it was making me feel ill and I live in Chicago where packs of cigarettes are now over ten bucks EACH.

Recently I've been dieting, part of that is not drinking beer which I love to do, so I thought smoking could be a crutch to help me keep my mind off of drinking but the analogs make me sick so I've tried disposable vapes and I love vaping, it's doing wonders, have no craving to drink because the nicotine buzz is doing a good replacement job keeping my mind off of it, but the BATTERIES suck.

I know eventually I will probably get a kit but right now I just can't see me dedicating that much time to buying different stuff and trying out different juices and so forth. I've been working long hours, when I get home I like to play a few hours of Skyrim and then I've about had it and I'm off to bed. Pretty soon I need to edit a major anthology and that will take up all my free time, so turning vaping into a hobby at this point is off the table.

I just wish the industry would get its collective head out of its .... when it comes to disposables because I'm sure a LOT of people get turned off to vaping the first time they waste eight bucks on a cig with a battery that has a five hour lifespan.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
White cloud has the mini on sale for under a $1 when you buy 10 or more. You can stock up pretty cheaply.

Also, quite a few vape shops in and around Chicago to visit, partial list...
State of Illinois

Yes, I have ten of them, very impressed by them, hope they keep the price down after their sale however. I would be a steady customer for a cheap mini.

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Yes, I have ten of them, very impressed by them, hope they keep the price down after their sale however. I would be a steady customer for a cheap mini.

I would order a bunch now if you like them. They say they are doing 500,000 at that price but who knows when they will all be gone.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
Actually in my case it is the exact OPPOSITE. I started vaping in order to take up the habit again. I quit smoking about eight years ago for two reasons: it was making me feel ill and I live in Chicago where packs of cigarettes are now over ten bucks EACH.

Recently I've been dieting, part of that is not drinking beer which I love to do, so I thought smoking could be a crutch to help me keep my mind off of drinking but the analogs make me sick so I've tried disposable vapes and I love vaping, it's doing wonders, have no craving to drink because the nicotine buzz is doing a good replacement job keeping my mind off of it, but the BATTERIES suck.

I know eventually I will probably get a kit but right now I just can't see me dedicating that much time to buying different stuff and trying out different juices and so forth. I've been working long hours, when I get home I like to play a few hours of Skyrim and then I've about had it and I'm off to bed. Pretty soon I need to edit a major anthology and that will take up all my free time, so turning vaping into a hobby at this point is off the table.

I just wish the industry would get its collective head out of its .... when it comes to disposables because I'm sure a LOT of people get turned off to vaping the first time they waste eight bucks on a cig with a battery that has a five hour lifespan.

You are broken so sorry that your going thru this.

My lights range from red to white to green.

Fortunately, even a very poor LED wouldn't draw more than 20 ma (milliamps, or 0.02 amps) to generate decent light, and good ones easily generate pretty bright light (for an indicator) at 8 ma (0.008 amps). Very large and high-power LEDs may draw more, but we wouldn't use those on our vapes. You can light a room with some of them!

Since even I, a low-power vaper, draw 1.8 A from the battery, that extra 0.02 isn't significant (and since my device uses an SMD LED, I doubt it draws the full 20 ma).

In disposables, battery life is limited by the size of the battery and the quality. In a disposable, they wouldn't want to use a real high quality one as the expense would be rather high. And the size is always pretty small due to the form factor they're trying to reproduce.

Lorelei

ECF Veteran
Agree that disposables didn't cut the mustard when I wanted to quit. But two disposable fruit flavors I liked inspired me to quit instantly, because I bought an eGo starter kit. I kept smoking tobacco/cloves until I got the eGo. I still pick up a couple of Glo Blueberry disposables every month or so, just as backup. I think they are specially-made for a local upscale chain of gas station-groceries, though. Only see them at Parker's. Parker's only has stores in GA and SC, near the coast.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Personally I think the light is stupid and makes me feel like I'm playing with a child's toy. OK I can see the reason for a red one that actually looks like the end of a cig but a big white or blue bulb at the end of your cig?? WHY???

Cig-a-likes are meant to mimic analog cigarettes as much as possible. I always figured the light on the end was training wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread