Syringes and E-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zind

Oct 10, 2013
Lyon, France
I've been vaping since May (of this year), and I've found pretty much all the informations I was looking for on these forums. There's just one small question I haven't found the answer to.

Some e-juice bottles are kind of a pain when it comes to filling my tank (the Halo ones were the absolute worst I remember), so I went to my local pharmacy and bought a syringe. I asked for the largest needle diameter they had, since VG juice can be very thick, but I still feel a sizeable resistance when drawing e-liquid in and out.
Can this possibly thin it and/or have negative impacts on vaping? I didn't know at the time, but I found out that most e-cig shops are selling syringes, which I assume may have a wider needle. Should I get one of those instead?

Thanks

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    You can also buy a needle nose bottle. I really like those especially since I started using a Mini Davide. They look like this Bottles & Caps - MyFreedomSmokes.com

I've been using these, and you can get a short plastic needle for it. I use 14ga, and they get wider towards the top- so I can trim them down to a very wide 6ga.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I've been vaping since May (of this year), and I've found pretty much all the informations I was looking for on these forums. There's just one small question I haven't found the answer to.

Some e-juice bottles are kind of a pain when it comes to filling my tank (the Halo ones were the absolute worst I remember), so I went to my local pharmacy and bought a syringe. I asked for the largest needle diameter they had, since VG juice can be very thick, but I still feel a sizeable resistance when drawing e-liquid in and out.
    Can this possibly thin it and/or have negative impacts on vaping? I didn't know at the time, but I found out that most e-cig shops are selling syringes, which I assume may have a wider needle. Should I get one of those instead?

Thanks
    Yes, and get the blunt needles. The sharp ones are dangerous and really too small to fit the juice thru. I use a guage 14 for all vg and an 16-18 gauge for filling my tanks and cartos. The luer lock needles are better than the slip on ones too.

:)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    I've been using these, and you can get a short plastic needle for it. I use 14ga, and they get wider towards the top- so I can trim them down to a very wide 6ga.

It may well be you that recommended them in the first place on another thread. The needle gauge is ginormous compared to what I was using. I do like that you can take the needle off and put a closed tip cap on when out and about with it.

Last edited:

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
    Aug 15, 2013
    USA
    If it helps you any I use these...they sell them on most online vape stores as well.
    E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10mL) E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10mL)

I find them usefully as I mix some of my ejuices. For instance a coffee, caramel, and vanilla that have in separate 30 ml bottles. Sometimes I do more coffee sometimes more caramel, etc. I just shove the 30 ml bottle into the top of that bottle and squeeze real hard. I agree some of those bottles you have to squeeze forever to get anything out of.

At any rate once that is filled you can fill carts, tanks, etc pretty easily with no fuss...just screw the needle lid back on put in place and give it a light squeeze and it comes out just fine.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It may well be you that recommended them in the first place on another thread. The needle gauge is ginormous compared to what I was using. I do like that you can take the needle off and put a closed tip cap on when out and about with it.

I just use them to fill my side-fill carto tanks. Like 3 seconds for a 5ml tank, lol.

FaustKnight

Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I've switched up completely to using a syringe. No overdripping, more accurate, etc.

Like others have said, skip the vape store and hit up medical supply places. As long as you aren't looking for the kind of needle with a pointy end, they should have em ;)

I should note: People look at ya funny when you pull it out in public. Needle tip on your bottle may be better for outings ;)

Last edited:

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
    Aug 15, 2013
    USA
    I should note: People look at ya funny when you pull it out in public. Needle tip on your bottle may be better for outings ;)

My wife never smoked or vaped. First time I pulled out that 10 ml flat needle tip bit she gasped like I was about to shoot up "censorship". I explained what the purpose was and she relaxed ;) so yeah probably don't pull that out on a bus ride or something similar to that nature. I set it on my desk at work which only a few people know I vape. It doesn't stand out as I got 3 prescription eye drops sitting out on desk as well as I have to take them 8, 12, and 24 hours apart.

I'd say just don't flaunt your refills in public.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread