iClear 30 / Can the heads be rebuilt (Easily) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Update: I tried rebuilding the head, but it was in my opinion difficult. The pin pushed out, and reveal a rubber grommet similar to the Vivi Nova (This part was easy enough). I tried five wraps of 34 gauge Kanthal for each coil (Seemed to match up better with the way it came; 32 gauge seemed to be much thicker than the wire present). However, fishing the wires from the top coil through from the coil that sits on bottom was difficult . After an hour of tinkering with this thing, I thought I had done it. However, my Provari said LO. I give up (For a while anyway). Hopefully someone will soon show a way to rebuild this thing easily(For kicks anyway). For now, I'll keep buying replacement heads on this tank.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I destoryed the top coil while cleaning a head, decided to put it on my PV and noticed the bottom coil did fire up. So parallel.

Does it still show the same impedance when one coil is burned out?

I bought 3 of these things. Opened and filled the 2nd one last night just to find out that it had a short in the atty out of the factory. Luckily I purchased a 5 pack of replacement heads when I ordered the tanks but the heads are like $3 a piece!

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
Update: I tried rebuilding the head, but it was in my opinion difficult. The pin pushed out, and reveal a rubber grommet similar to the Vivi Nova (This part was easy enough). I tried five wraps of 34 gauge Kanthal for each coil (Seemed to match up better with the way it came; 32 gauge seemed to be much thicker than the wire present). However, fishing the wires from the top coil through from the coil that sits on bottom was difficult . After an hour of tinkering with this thing, I thought I had done it. However, my Provari said LO. I give up (For a while anyway). Hopefully someone will soon show a way to rebuild this thing easily(For kicks anyway). For now, I'll keep buying replacement heads on this tank.

Isn't that the error for TOO low of a resistance? I think 4 wraps with 32ga on a nova is around 2.3ohm. Wouldn't the two heads plus the resistance of the leads make it over 4.6 ohms? That is pretty darn low resistance. I haven't seen the coil myself, but I would think that you would have long leads with the iClear head, causing the resistance to drop. Have you tried using less coils? I'm just curious because I have plenty of cotton/32gau Kanthal and I'm very interested in the iClear after reading about it then watching my buddy vape one.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
2 answer the question further up. They are in parallel. Each coil is 4 ohms. It might be possible to do a a single coil but haven't put anytime into playing with it since I'm still figuring out how to get the silicone cap to seal properly to the top cap stem.

This has yet to seal properly for me and causes vapor to come back into the fluid chamber. Thus making it the iDirty 30

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
2 answer the question further up. They are in parallel. Each coil is 4 ohms. It might be possible to do a a single coil but haven't put anytime into playing with it since I'm still figuring out how to get the silicone cap to seal properly to the top cap stem.

This has yet to seal properly for me and causes vapor to come back into the fluid chamber. Thus making it the iDirty 30

Ok, so if I did that math correctly the resistance is 2ohms for the unit. Man you'd have to wind a fairly long coil in 32 kanthal to get 4ohms each haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread