Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
TFA caramel is very nutty. If you you were aiming for candy type flavor try using TFA original caramel.
It actually is the "original caramel" - thanks for making that distinction.

So the consensus seems to be that you can't get a great batch of butterscotch with TFA then? Alright, looks like I need to do some ordering. Thanks all :)

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I mixed three different batches of LA Butterscotch (5%, 10%, and 15%), let them steep for a few days and they were all pretty bad. I mixed another batch of LA Butterscotch (12%), LA Bavarian Cream (4%), and FW Cotton Candy (1%) and let it steep for a few days. It tastes nothing like Butterscotch but is a very tasty and smooth mixture. I mixed up a batch with Nic today and am going to try it in about a week. Could be a good ADV.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
NF butterscotch is the best one.

I totally agree. I really wanted butterscotch when I started DIY, and tried TFA, FA, and LA. I tried different percentages, but finally gave up. None of them were working for me at all. Then I tried NF. Way, way better than any others (to my taste buds at least). To me it smells and tastes just like a butterscotch candy.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
TFA needs to steep for more than a few days to knock that perfume taste out of it. It also needs some air, so the cap on, cap off routine should be followed to give it some breathing air. On my first mix with TFA, I poured it down the drain (just a 5ml), the second at 2-3 days I did the exact same, but then I did what I just mentioned and it got much better.

It's not perfect, to me, but it's not that bad. It just happens to be one of "those" flavors that needs some time to work with and isn't an instant vape.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
Ive been playing around with butterscotch for many many mths....always something missing.. I liked Nicquid butterscotch..paying over $30 for 30mls to send To aus was costing too much for my budget...so 2mths back playing around with 1ml syringers.. and with only a few mils of nicquid butterscotch left....which I used as seed..ive sent 10mls to a friend....she loves it.....so recipe goes like this.....

Butterscotch 60ml 6mg
1ml (TFA) English Toffee
1ml (TFA) Caramel Original
0.6ml(TFA) Butter
0.8ml(TFA) Sweet Cream
0.8ml(TFA) Whipped Cream
0.8ml(TFA) Vienna Cream
1.5ml(TFA) Butterscotch
0.5ml(FA) Butterscotch
0.6ml(TFA) Sweetener
3.5 Nicquid Butterscotch (Pre-made)

At first I added 1.5 of Nicquid Butterscotch 0mg...after tasting every few days..i felt it needed more Tweaking...so in the end ..total was 3.5 of Nicquid Butterscotch..added to the rest of the flavours..so it has put the the final volume out by 2mls...like I said in the start it was a play with syringers
When my comp is working better...ill be able to install a calculator ....finally adding
14mls PG
30mls VG
7mls 100mg Nic/ 100% PG

I do a steep in my crock pot..for 2 maybe 3hrs at 125f
ill put into dark cupboard for a week then I add 7mls of Nicotine....maybe my ways sound weird..but im vaping it now and loving it...PS..so this works out good for me..i can make my 30mls of Nicquid..Butterscotch into 8 or so 60mls Bottles..and I think the butter and cream flavours really make the butterscotch pop...also waiting 2 or 3wks is when its at its best...anyway the endless quest in finding a butterscotch we all like...im happy with this one..:2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread