Newbie DIY question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
Well, I guess I really don't even qualify to be a newbie since I haven't tried DIY yet but what I'm wondering is how I can bring some Vanilla flavors that I have to life. I went on a recent rampage trying to find a good Vanilla and I have probably 10-12 Vanilla flavors that are seriously lacking in flavor and sweetness. I'm hoping to get some advice on how I might be able to doctor some of these up or if this is even possible or if it's even worth it. Do I just need to pick up some Vanilla flavoring and some sweetener or what? And what type of utensils will I need? I also need to get an idea of how much I should add? The ones that I want to try to doctor up are either 30ml or 15ml bottles. Even though I do plan on diving into DIY eventually, right now I'm just trying to get some advice on doctoring up some of this Vanilla that I have. I could also use some help on finding a good DIY vendor. I've heard that HOLY GRAIL OF VANILLAZ from Flavor Shack is pretty good. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
add 1 or 2 drops lemon juice per 10ml. Or as mentioned 1 or 2 drops sweetener per 10ml. If the juice you bought was freshly made it may just need a few days to steep. So you don't waste the whole bottle of store bought juice I would just take about 5ml and add 1 drop and see if it helps.

Last edited:

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
add 1 or 2 drops lemon juice per 10ml. Or as mentioned 1 or 2 drops sweetener per 10ml. If the juice you bought was freshly made it may just need a few days to steep. So you don't waste the whole bottle of store bought juice I would just take about 5ml and add 1 drop and see if it helps.

All of the liquid that I plan on doctoring up has been steeped. Since I'm trying to bring out the Vanilla flavor do you think adding lemon juice is the way to go or would it be better to add 1-2 drops of Vanilla per 10mls? I was also wondering if it would be ok to use across the counter Vanilla?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
What are you looking to do add more sweetness or add more vanilla flavor.

If sweetness add sweetener.

If flavor was OK then faded add lemon. If flavor was never there in the first place add vanilla. But a warning not all vanillas are created equal and have wide taste variations between them. So go lightly with small amounts.

As mentioned earlier vanilla's are the hardest to get right. Across the counter vanilla is not a good way to go. I would recommend the hangsen vanilla.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/vanilla-flavoring-by-hangsen.html

Last edited:

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
What are you looking to do add more sweetness or add more vanilla flavor.

If sweetness add sweetener.

If flavor was OK then faded add lemon. If flavor was never there in the first place add vanilla. But a warning not all vanillas are created equal and have wide taste variations between them. So go lightly with small amounts.

As mentioned earlier vanilla's are the hardest to get right. Across the counter vanilla is not a good way to go. I would recommend the hangsen vanilla.

Vanilla Flavoring by Hangsen

Actually, like my original post said I'm looking to do both. Some of them are lacking flavor and some of them lack both. I'll pick up some Vanilla flavor and some sweetener and see what I come up with. I'll definitely go easy on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread