What ratio VG/PG makes the best vapor?

What is the best ratio of VG/PG for the BEST Vapor production?

• VG: 80% + PG: 20%

• VG: 70% + PG: 30%

• VG: 60% + PG: 40%

• VG: 50% + PG: 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
FWIR, a ratio of 80/20 or even 75/25 is a happy medium for good TH and decent vapour. When mixing, I personally start with a "base" liquid.

TH is increased by either using high nic or adding PGA to your mix.

Vapour can be increased by adding distilled H20, not necessarily "more" VG.

There are so many variables, enough to go "wonky". I believe in the KISS principle.

Base liquid
I start by using high concentration nic juice and reduce it to a reasonable % of nicotine e.g 50mgs---->18 or 24mg. This is accomplished by:

• starting mg and target mg

• pg/vg ratio simple just put it 20 or 25% in the VG slot. The calculator will tell you how much PG needs to be added
You now have your base liquid at whatever nicotine concentrtion you want. From there I flavour. The reduction in nicotine content is really insignificant, and you always have a base on hand and trying something new becomes relatively simple, you just flavour the base.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
can you just add a few drops of vg to premixed eliquids to make better vapor?

I don't see why not. Just make sure you mix it up well before you fill a cart with it.

Also, be prepared for a change in the flavor.
... and a drop in nicotine concentration, with a resultant loss of TH

FWIR, a ratio of 80/20 or even 75/25 is a happy medium for good TH and decent vapour. When mixing, I personally start with a "base" liquid.

TH is increased by either using high nic or adding PGA to your mix.

Vapour can be increased by adding distilled H20, not necessarily "more" VG.

There are so many variables, enough to go "wonky". I believe in the KISS principle.

Base liquid
I start by using high concentration nic juice and reduce it to a reasonable % of nicotine e.g 50mgs---->18 or 24mg. This is accomplished by:

• starting mg and target mg

• pg/vg ratio simple just put it 20 or 25% in the VG slot. The calculator will tell you how much PG needs to be added
You now have your base liquid at whatever nicotine concentration you want. From there I flavor. The reduction in nicotine content is really insignificant, and you always have a base on hand and trying something new becomes relatively simple, you just flavour the base.

Wow, Switched, that is very helpful info. However I tried adding only 4% distilled water to my base VG and it decreased the vapor tremendously. Kindof leery of adding water now.

I've been using high 100mg nic VG that I bought and cutting it with pure VG to get 26 and then adding 10% flavoring. Any more seems to thin the mix and decrease vapor production.

Would really like to try adding PG though and see what this does to pure VG. Seems like adding PG would make thicker vapor than water would.

(In my own experiements, adding water to VG, made a thinner see-through vapor, where as VG makes a thicker vapor that is so thick, you can't see through it, lol.)

I get huge vapor clouds with 90% VG, as one could imagine, lol, but it decreases the flavor tremendously. Flavor is very faint, occasionally I get a burst of flavor, not sure if that's heat related or why, lol.

I don't want to add more than 10% flavoring since it thins the mix too much after it sits for a few weeks or so, Especially when I make 30mL size, it thins down after awhile and decreases vapor production. I'll have to order some PG and check it out.

Thanks everyone for input.

I'd like to make e-lquid and sell it one day, but I need to first to get ratios down for quality vapor production so that the mix takes well to flavors, and the all those great flavors don't get lost,

I want the most vapor one can get and yet still have great full flavor.

Use FlavourArt flavors. They are powerful and require only a few drops per 5ml batch. I mix 15ml batches and use only 5-20 drops of flavourant (2%-4% of total mix.)

Thanks! That sounds promising, have to try that. :)

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
If I bought 30ml of flavorless 36mg 80pg/20vg and 0 nic 80pg/20vg can i just take out 15 ml of the 36mg add 15ml of the 0 nic and then pour a little into a 5ml bottle and add a flavor? would this work?

Yes.

15ml of 36mg + 15ml of 0mg = 30ml of 18mg base

Adding flavor would of course further reduce the finished liquid's strength.

I've good success by following these steps:

1) Plan the recipe, esp. for nicotine content
2) Write it down (a little notebook works for me) with a name and date, such as "Peach 3/27/10"
3) Lay out the tools and ingredients
4) Measure exactly to the recipe
5) Set each ingredient aside after adding it to the mix (to avoid adding it twice if you're interrupted)
6) Label the eliquid bottle with flavor and date
7) Go back to your notebook after a day or two of vaping the mix and put some notes on the recipe, sort of a mini review of how it turned out.

This calculator is simple and handy: eJuice Recipe Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread