Juice companies to avoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
if you haven't tried totally wicked i recommend checking them out. also Johnson creek is a good one. these company's strive to produce a clean and awesome tasting product.. what im about to say is sad but its logical, would you rather have a juice thats produced by well trained and talented people in a super clean environment under strict conditions? or a juice that's whipped up by some kid with some Pyrex cookware he got at wal-mart and never even rinsed off in moms basement that has old kitty litter and antiques from the 1800s lying around? stick with big company's that have some credentials for the most part and you should be fine.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Absolutely stay away from Five Pawns. Once you try their stuff, you won't like most other juices, and their (somewhat high) prices may seem reasonable. Under no circumstances try Grandmaster, especially if like peanut butter, bananas and caramel.

That being said, I need to go pick up another bottle of it tomorrow...

ETA: VulcanVape in Birmingham carries it... ;)

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
dekang. avoid at all costs.

Some Dekang juices are very good, and I've vaped from many many vendors. Taste is subjective.

Dekang had a world class manufacturing facility.

Only one I can think of to avoid is Alien Vapor............... not to be confused with Alien Vision, who are one of the top vendors.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
if you haven't tried totally wicked i recommend checking them out. also Johnson creek is a good one. these company's strive to produce a clean and awesome tasting product.. what im about to say is sad but its logical, would you rather have a juice thats produced by well trained and talented people in a super clean environment under strict conditions? or a juice that's whipped up by some kid with some Pyrex cookware he got at wal-mart and never even rinsed off in moms basement that has old kitty litter and antiques from the 1800s lying around? stick with big company's that have some credentials for the most part and you should be fine.

I must hardily disagree. Totally Wicked is very much over priced, and Johnson Creek... I've tried juices for three years and actually ordered a 10 juice sampler pack from them. Honestly all of their juice tastes like what I would imagine water used for boiling hot dogs would taste like ( I don't know any other way to describe it). Sorry man, but those two vendors belong on the 'avoid' list.

I wouldn't avoid DeKang as a juice. It really depends on the vendor (many vendors sell it). Matter of fact it's pretty decent.

Last edited:
Absolutely stay away from Five Pawns. Once you try their stuff, you won't like most other juices, and their (somewhat high) prices may seem reasonable. Under no circumstances try Grandmaster, especially if like peanut butter, bananas and caramel.

ETA: VulcanVape in Birmingham carries it... ;)

I'm having the same problem with Gambit.....bought 2 bottles!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
My best advice is; find out where they are located, and lookup the location on GoogleMaps.

Avoid businesses registered in a residence; it's not an appropriate environment for a mixing lab.

If you can't even find the address (even after checking the domain registration on WHOIS), then forget about them. *always* avoid sites registered less than 10 days. Be wary if it's less than 3 months.

Lookup the company registration information. You should always be able to find the business owner's name.

And always read over a site's shipping and return policy.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
As previously posted, Alien Vapor has a bad rep. I haven't heard bad things about their juices, but they purposely called their company "Alien Vapor," which is very close to "Alien Visions" and they make clones of well known Alien Visions products like Boba's Bounty. Riding on the back of someone else's reputation isn't cool.

Another vendor to avoid is Catskill Mountain Vapor Store. Google is your friend about this one. [Moderated]

ETA: Every once and awhile a shill for Catskill shows up on ECF. You can always tell, since it's a new member and their first post is always about how great Catskill is.

Last edited by a moderator:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia

I don't even LIKE peanut butter with bananas and I think that Grandmaster is awesome.

I'm also into Queenside and... I need to stop thinking about this.

BrenMN

Sep 10, 2013
United States
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: False information
I personally only buy from local vendors. I have a good relationship with the owner of the place I'm going now and I actually know where he gets his ingredients, what they are, and the person who mixes for me. I guess my approach is something along the lines of "Who do you trust more, the farmer in the next county you've seen feed the cow, butcher it and serve it up on a plate, or the greasy teenager at McDonalds frying up pink mystery slime?"

I have to say, I would NEVER order fluid from FastTech, or anything from a head shop or gas station. The only exception to that rule is a place here called Smokies House of Pipes. Their fluid comes from a local vendor walking distance from my house. Of course, considering the circumstances, I would much rather just buy direct.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
I must hardily disagree. Totally Wicked is very much over priced, and Johnson Creek... I've tried juices for three years and actually ordered a 10 juice sampler pack from them. Honestly all of their juice tastes like what I would imagine water used for boiling hot dogs would taste like ( I don't know any other way to describe it). Sorry man, but those two vendors belong on the 'avoid' list.

I wouldn't avoid DeKang as a juice. It really depends on the vendor (many vendors sell it). Matter of fact it's pretty decent.

you say Totally Wicked is over price, but how many company's can you name that pay for gas chromatography testing (about $500 per test) then publish the results online for everyone to see? i can name one and only one juice company that does.. TW. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread