Suggest a rebuildable atomizer for my evic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Hi there.. I'm a cigar smoker, never smoked cigarettes. Not trying to quit cigars, just enjoying vaping.

I'm a tech guy so I bought the evic.. looked cool, I got a deal, so why not.

I've been using EVODs and Pro tank 2's. I'm jealous when I see the mech mods produce so much vapor. Would getting in to a rebuildable non-dripping atomizer be worth it? Would I then be able to produce enormous clouds of vapor?

I chain vape a lot. So dripping isn't appealing to me... I want to fill it and vape for a while before refilling.

Any advice or suggestions?

Galaxy S3, DarthStalker ROM & Kinetic Pulse Kernel.. Perfection.

I'm not 100% sure the evic will make the clouds you're looking for, but I may be wrong. From what I understand and have experienced myself, you need a mechanical mod to get clouds. I'm currently running a Just GG with an IGO-W at .5 ohms. Math on a fresh battery works out to about 45w. On a clear day with a slight, steady breeze I can make a cloud the size of a person floating down the street.

Edit: Woah! Just noticed your location, what vape shop did you get it at?

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Hi there.. I'm a cigar smoker, never smoked cigarettes. Not trying to quit cigars, just enjoying vaping.

I've been using EVODs and Pro Tank 2's. I'm jealous when I see the mech mods produce so much vapor. Would getting in to a rebuildable non-dripping atomizer be worth it? Would I then be able to produce enormous clouds of vapor?

I chain vape a lot. So dripping isn't appealing to me... I want to fill it and vape for a while before refilling.

Well I had an eVic and yes you can produce clouds with it. But vaping is more than clouds (another post). My recommendation for you starting out is to get a Smoktech RSST. Clone of an AC9. Very easy to wick and coil and very forgiving for someone less experienced in rebuildables. I still use them and built right will produce the "clouds" you are looking for.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm not 100% sure the evic will make the clouds you're looking for, but I may be wrong. From what I understand and have experienced myself, you need a mechanical mod to get clouds. I'm currently running a Just GG with an IGO-W at .5 ohms. Math on a fresh battery works out to about 45w. On a clear day with a slight, steady breeze I can make a cloud the size of a person floating down the street.

Edit: Woah! Just noticed your location, what vape shop did you get it at?

I bought it from 7H smoke shop on Matlock (near Fry's Electronics). There are 3 smoke shops on that side of the road, all (pretty much) within walking distance of each other...LMAO.. However 3D smoke and 7H are the only ones I go to.. I won't bash the other one, I'll just say I'm not a fan. 7H is near Bardin and Matlock, next to the Raceway (formerly RaceTrac) gas station. Another place that has evics is Star Pipe & Hookah on S. Collins street (and pioneer pkwy).

So far I really like my Evic. Bought the 3400mah green ICR battery from Artisan Vapor, I can vape ALL DAY LONG... Easily go thru 2 ProTanks... I tend to vape at higher voltage/wattage because I like the intense flavor and vapor, being a cigar smoker (and full bodied cigars at that) I like strong, intense flavor.

If you've never been there yet, you'll need to check out Vixen Vapor on Park Row, they have (IMO) the best eJuice in town. And their prices are pretty good too.....

Where have you been shopping?

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I bought it from 7H smoke shop on Matlock (near Fry's Electronics). There are 3 smoke shops on that side of the road, all (pretty much) within walking distance of each other...LMAO.. However 3D smoke and 7H are the only ones I go to.. I won't bash the other one, I'll just say I'm not a fan. 7H is near Bardin and Matlock, next to the Raceway (formerly RaceTrac) gas station. Another place that has evics is Star Pipe & Hookah on S. Collins street (and pioneer pkwy).

So far I really like my Evic. Bought the 3400mah green ICR battery from Artisan Vapor, I can vape ALL DAY LONG... Easily go thru 2 ProTanks... I tend to vape at higher voltage/wattage because I like the intense flavor and vapor, being a cigar smoker (and full bodied cigars at that) I like strong, intense flavor.

If you've never been there yet, you'll need to check out Vixen Vapor on Park Row, they have (IMO) the best eJuice in town. And their prices are pretty good too.....

Where have you been shopping?

I used to go to Vixen regularly, I live near Park Row and Bowen so when I had time I literally walked. Just last month I started going to Rock 'n Roll over on 20 and Green Oaks. The owner is awesome. At the time they were carrying mechanicals and Vixen wasn't. As far as I know Vixen still doesn't carry rebuildables or supplies. Not only does Rock 'n Roll carry better hardware, if you buy a rebuildable they will teach you to build it on the device you buy, so you walk out the door with a working piece and the knowledge needed to keep it running.

As for fluid, I really liked Vixen and wanted to keep going, but yet again Rock 'n Roll won me over there too. The only other I've tried was Twisted across from the mall and I didn't like it at all. The great thing about Rock 'n Roll is that after you've built up a reputation there they will do custom flavors for you. After going for a few weeks I took a cup of Mountain Dew Baja Blast from Taco Bell in to their flavor mixer and she sent me home with a bottle of "Arizona Bay". Perfect flavor replica. They also have a Pumpkin Spice that's out of this world, and their new "Frog Juice Smoothie" (I think) is super tasty. If you want a good Tobacco flavor they have one called "Stand & Deliver", my girlfriend enjoys smoking cigars on occasion and absolutely loves it.

Of course, saving the best for last, Rock 'n Roll is also open until 9PM so I can actually get there if I leave work in White Settlement at 7PM, and tonight is double rewards points night. If you decide to make your way over there today, you might catch me hanging out in about an hour or so, I can't turn down a deal on fluid discounts.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hard to beat the Genesis style atomizer as a first rebuildable. Harder still to beat the wonderful AC9 clone, the RSST. A lot of flexibility in the wicking that can be done, which is at least half the fun. So, I guess I what, I sixth or seventh the RSST as a recommended first RBA. The considerably more expensive kayfun and clones are silica/cotton wickable, and I think, even easier to wick than the RSST, but I wouldn't recommend you start there. The universal appeal of the RSST is well known on this Forum. I have one, learned on it, and did fall in love with RBA's because of it. I'm not nearly as fancy in my setups as many of my friends, but I suppose I'll try many other setups over time. I'm still trying to perfect microcoils, lol. Best of luck to you!

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole

I've been using EVODs and Pro Tank 2's. I'm jealous when I see the mech mods produce so much vapor. Would getting in to a rebuildable non-dripping atomizer be worth it? Would I then be able to produce enormous clouds of vapor?

I'll add my voice to the RSST recommendations, with a little added advice: Do your research! Rebuildables aren't the plug and play experience of clearos and cartos, there are some dangers if you don't know what you are doing with regards to resistance and battery safety. The evic has plenty of built in protection, but you should still have a good idea of what you are doing going in. There is a metric ton of info here on ECF, and lots of good tutorials on youtube. pbusardo does reviews of a couple of different good beginning genesis atomizers, the RSST and the AGA-T, and watching him build the wicks and coils should give you an idea of what you are getting into with these. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread