I have only just started vaping (literally today) but want to talk about... TASTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
You know how everyone talks about how the different types of tobacco TASTE? They're all chumps. Apart from the first normal cig in the morning with a cup of coffee you don't TASTE anything at all after that.

You keep going though, because you get the nicotine hit and because you've done it so long anyway (in my case) that you can't be bothered not to.

So moving swiftly on, I have been a non smoker now for ten hours thanks to my new EVOD black starter kit. The 'black' bit is important, you want to look cool, right? Even if like me you've been smoking for 40 years. You can be old AND cool is what I'm saying okay?

Anyway, the very first flavour I TASTED in my new EVOD was USA Mix which they say TASTES like Marlborough. It does a little bit but never mind the advertising hype it is an absolute delight to smoke, sorry vape. I fell in love with USA Mix and I am English hahaha.

Sorry if you didn't get my little joke, it's all a matter of TASTE after all, right?

Anyway, the stupidly spectacularly long-winded point of this post is you never ever ever TASTE anything when smoking normal cigarettes, it hardly matters what brand you smoke unless it's something heavy like Marlborough reds or some rolled tobaccos and even then it loses its TASTE as you smoke more of them.

vaping is all about TASTE. I have decided. Ry4 is good too and I have lots of 10 mil samples to TASTE tomorrow for my second day of non smoking.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to point out to anyone new like me that the BIG thing about vaping is you actually do TASTE something all the time every single vape which to me is just totally amazing.

Thanks for reading :)

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Congrats on making the switch! We're glad to have you join our ranks. :)

I'm not sure if you're talking about the red USA mix or not but if yes, I like that one too. Wait until a couple weeks go by. THEN you'll really notice the tastes of your juices....and your food.....and your drinks....and how things smell. Like a whole new world lol.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury

I'm not sure if you're talking about the red USA mix or not but if yes, I like that one too. Wait until a couple weeks go by. THEN you'll really notice the tastes of your juices....and your food.....and your drinks....and how things smell. Like a whole new world lol.

Hi Zealous thanks for the reply. I am hoping all those great things happen, I've been smoking for such a long time though I wonder if it's possible for my taste buds and senses to return to something approaching normal. I hope so :)

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
There are tons of people who've smoked for 40+ years who've reported the joy of having their taste for things return. Myself I was a smoker for 22 years & it took about that long for me to notice the taste of things again. As the affects of the cigarettes diminish & you get used to vaping (it does take some getting used to) I'm sure you'll notice many positive changes.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
There are tons of people who've smoked for 40+ years who've reported the joy of having their taste for things return. Myself I was a smoker for 22 years & it took about that long for me to notice the taste of things again. As the affects of the cigarettes diminish & you get used to vaping (it does take some getting used to) I'm sure you'll notice many positive changes.

I have absolutely not been bothered at all on my first day about wanting a normal cig but I live in fear of what people call the week six/seven withdrawal where the anti depressant from cigs leaves your system. I will vape through it though.

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

and another vaper is born :)

welcome :)

Thank you :)

My taste buds came roaring back a couple of weeks after I stopped analogs and quickly my ejuice tastes changed too, some that I liked, I no longer did and vice versa, I think it was because I could actually taste things again. Lol

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Hang in there and you WILL succeed. This from another 40 year ex-smoker, now smoke free for 10 months - today! I love the flavors, the variety, and the fact even my Doctor is happy with me! Your taste will come and go as you progress, but don't let "vaper's tongue" (loss of taste for even your wonderful vape juice) stop you. Drink lots of water, rinse your mouth (a pg/vg film can develop that can be cleaned, brush your whole mouth and tongue), and keep vaping! Most of all, enjoy your new lifestyle, and let your taste evolution be your guide. I didn't think I would like fruity or desserty flavors, but now I have several favorites. ENJOY and CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome!

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Hang in there and you WILL succeed. This from another 40 year ex-smoker, now smoke free for 10 months - today! I love the flavors, the variety, and the fact even my Doctor is happy with me! Your taste will come and go as you progress, but don't let "vaper's tongue" (loss of taste for even your wonderful vape juice) stop you. Drink lots of water, rinse your mouth (a pg/vg film can develop that can be cleaned, brush your whole mouth and tongue), and keep vaping! Most of all, enjoy your new lifestyle, and let your taste evolution be your guide. I didn't think I would like fruity or desserty flavors, but now I have several favorites. ENJOY and CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome!

Thanks clnire. I wasn't expecting much out of vaping to be honest apart from a healthier nicotine delivery system but I LOVE the taste of some of these liquids. I am determined to make this work for me. I've had no urges for a normal cig at all today which is great.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
A Vaper from Mother England........(English decent from the 1700's here !)

Well, your fish and chips are great and when your tastebuds return you will remember this ( if you can still find a shop where they are made by the English)...."American humor"...........and Love your "Sunday Dinner" sold at all the Pubs....

Just wanted to say hello and glad you found Vaping to your liking !!

Last edited:

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
A Vaper from Mother England........(English decent from the 1700's here !)

Well, your fish and chips are great and when your tastebuds return you will remember this ( if you can still find a shop where they are made by the English)...."American humor"...........and Love your "Sunday Dinner" sold at all the Pubs....

Just wanted to say hello and glad you found Vaping to your liking !!

Haha! There's nothing wrong with the Chinese slant on fish and chips, allegedly? Thanks for the welcome :)

Good luck, and welcome to the other side!!:vapor:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Welcome to EFC!!! And you're right, partially, about smokers not really being able to smell/taste properly. My taste buds were super whacked and are finally coming around and staying around.

However...I do know when I smoked and ran out of cigs and bummed one off of someone, if it wasn't a Marlboro light, I could taste it right away. I couldn't taste some foods for squat when i smoked, but I knew my flavor of choice in an analog & instantly could taste the difference in others. Weird...I kno..:unsure:

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Welcome to EFC!!! And you're right, partially, about smokers not really being able to smell/taste properly. My taste buds were super whacked and are finally coming around and staying around.

However...I do know when I smoked and ran out of cigs and bummed one off of someone, if it wasn't a Marlboro light, I could taste it right away. I couldn't taste some foods for squat when i smoked, but I knew my flavor of choice in an analog & instantly could taste the difference in others. Weird...I kno..:unsure:

I've only just switched from smokes to vapes and I don't think my taste buds were that whacked I couldn't tell the difference between chilli and custard pie they were just dulled which is really my point. That's what cigs do. Your example where you run out of cigs and try one from someone else of course you'll get this 'this is a new taste' hit because it's not your normal brand. When you smoke the same brand all day you don't taste ANYTHING after the first few but with vapes you taste everything, all of the time.

That was my point. And thanks for the welcome Angi :)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Welcome to the board.

Once I really got into vaping I never wanted to TASTE Marlborough ever again.

Thanks Butters, well USA Red Mix (in England it's just called USA Mix) tastes absolutely gorgeous. I started smoking Marlbrough Reds
and moved on to Lights it doesn't taste anything like either it just tastes fantastic. Don't let the name association put you off.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I kind of know what you mean. I realized a few months ago that smoking was not about taste. IMHO, the closest juice to smoking is not some tobacco mix...the closest is unflavored. Most of the day I just vape unflavored juice to simulate what I remember as smoking (it's also incredibly cheap). I have a couple of flavors I like for just an hour or so in the evening.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I kind of know what you mean. I realized a few months ago that smoking was not about taste. IMHO, the closest juice to smoking is not some tobacco mix...the closest is unflavored. Most of the day I just vape unflavored juice to simulate what I remember as smoking (it's also incredibly cheap). I have a couple of flavors I like for just an hour or so in the evening.

How ironic is that? I understand completely why just plain nicotine with no flavour would be the perfect cigarette subsitute :)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
How ironic is that? I understand completely why just plain nicotine with no flavour would be the perfect cigarette subsitute :)

LOL touché..true so true! ;)

I do get what u mean. And all of these variety of flavors to vape is so exciting and fun. But I draw the line in the new flavors I've seen out there of bacon, pizza, roast beef...just can't go there

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hey hey WELCOME Aboard!

Talking about Taste - You are in for a world of Treats. Hopefully you don't just stop short and miss out.
I started out on the various Tobacco substitutes, still keep one in 18mg around for Panic attacks. Boy was I surprised to find nothing tasted like a smoke.
Well, now I never touch Tob. Flavors. Just lost the taste for them. But WOW, some of the desserts and creations of the mind just blow things away.
Now hooked on a DIY - Milk Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino and Orange Creamsicle.

Enjoy your adventure!!!:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread