Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
The ACLU hasn't been interested in vaping rights in the past, that I know of, but now that the eCigs are being attacked for perception instead of for science, might they finally turn an eye our way? I think it's worth asking. I know Denver's ACLU have become active in fighting "perception laws" that are unconstitutional.

Anybody got the brains and guts both to give them a try? Berkely is in dire need of common sense intervening.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
If you could point out the specific constitutional right that's being infringed upon, I'm sure the ACLU would be most happy to intervene.

I wouldn't suggest spewing anything like I have a right to vape or anything of that nature. It would be more along the terms of being catagorised with really nothing substantiating driving it.

May as well address the elephant in the room. I would not be qualified to be the one to reach out to them. Some are still less than thrilled with me from my last excursion.

I would like to see kristin weigh in on the ACLU idea.

Last edited:

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Why would that be? Just trying to understand, not argue. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've always though them to have political clout and not very fun being on the receiving end once they set their sights on something.

I probably shouldn't have been so strong about it but they give me a chill. For the good they do I give them praise but their stance on issues like the second amendment have soured me. That and their leech like behavior, they seem to cling to anything that will give them some air time

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
I hope there's a way. Looking at the Denver ACLU site, they are fighting a ban against any smell or sight of a wispy herbal nature. It's not the same wisp, but, it's often linked together according to the ANTZ of late.
Towns left and right are banning because eCigs "look" like cigarettes...
Give it a try. It wouldn"t hurt. If someone had a friend who happens to be a lawyer for the ACLU,talk to that friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread