Smoktek vs SmokTech carto products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Whats the difference in quality especially with the cartos. The cartos i bought are SmokTECH. It has a tag on the plastic wrapper i get from Elite VaporWorks and states the size/ohms.

Both seem to use the smok logo on some products, so who is the original or are they associated? Its a bit confusing when im researching different cartos and tank systems. Both offer a UDCT tank that looks identical in the pictures to the one i bought.

Ive noticed the DCT tanks are quit a bit different. IIRC one offers polypropylene tubes instead of polycarbonate. It not big deal for me since i don't seem to have any tank cracking juices. SMOKtech offers the DCT in pyrex which i just had to get even though i swore my next would be a AGR+ or IBtanked. The smoktek (i think) UDCT aka Artemas is still on the back burner until i can figure out why it leaks so badly into the battery connection. It works fine until the leaking begins.

smoktek's website is very informative but Smoktech's website has many broken links to products and info is very poor especially on older products. I cant even find any manufacture's info on the Galileo mechanical. I know its an older model but it looks and feels better to me than the Magneto. It also has a adjustable or spring loaded connection pin and the Magneto appears to be a fixed pin. I can get one locally for about $35 and it keep picking it up every time i go to the B&M.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
The company name is Smok Tech, they label their products with Smok, I've never heard of that website but SmokTek is a website not a manufacturer. You would be better off going to the list of suppliers on the main page and shopping there, those places have proven themselves trustworthy.

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
The company name is Smok Tech, they label their products with Smok, I've never heard of that website but SmokTek is a website not a manufacturer. You would be better off going to the list of suppliers on the main page and shopping there, those places have proven themselves trustworthy.

It looks like one is the manufactures wholesale site since the minimum order is MUCH higher and the other is a retail outlet. Plus it sells other brands too such as Kamry.
SMOK Technology Co.LTD Appears to be the wholesale
Welcome to SmokTek, LLC - The Better Smoking Alternative - Your source for personal vaporizers, e-cig supplies and e-liquids Appears to be retail outlet.

Kinda like Kanger has two websites. One has far more info and is more upto date but only offers Kanger products.
KangerTech
electronci cigarette. ecigs, kanger protank. kanger ecigs

When i want an Intel mainboard i may get one from NewEgg but i like to research the technical data on Intel's website even though they don't actually sell directly on their website or at least they did not last time i looked. ;)

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Smoktek is an online vendor, a very good one at that. Smoktech is the manucturerer of many e-cig products in China. The cartos that Smoktek sells are made by Smoktech.

Thats what i figured out. I probably will order a couple things from them. I want to try some of the jumbo sized cartos and no one has them locally. Actually they have a few cartos i want to try now that i know what is working for me.

I use Elite VaporWorks mainly because they are local. I can walk in and get pricing very similar to online vendors. In some cases even cheaper. I cant find a better price on Kanger coils 5/$5.95. Carto pricing is really good. Juice is $14/36ml and if i buy 3 i get one free. They blow all the other B&Ms out of the water on juice prices and i really like it.

The main reason though i asked is they have a SMOK Galileo for $40 and i thought it was really cool. I like it better than a Magneto. Neither website had any info on the Galileo and i like to research a purchase. I posted another thread about the Galileo and got enough info to make a comfortable purchase. It should make a good backup device and it feels nearly indestructible.

Last edited:

tdavids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon

Actually they are one of the forum suppiers and have thier own forum here on ECF. They are located near Tampa Fl and I usually get stuff from them in about 3 days.
Edited for spelling.

CJ797

Jul 9, 2013
Missouri
Thats what i figured out. I probably will order a couple things from them. I want to try some of the jumbo sized cartos and no one has them locally. Actually they have a few cartos i want to try now that i know what is working for me.

I use Elite VaporWorks mainly because they are local. I can walk in and get pricing very similar to online vendors. In some cases even cheaper. I cant find a better price on Kanger coils 5/$5.95. Carto pricing is really good. Juice is $14/36ml and if i buy 3 i get one free. They blow all the other B&Ms out of the water on juice prices and i really like it.

The main reason though i asked is they have a SMOK Galileo for $40 and i thought it was really cool. I like it better than a Magneto. Neither website had any info on the Galileo and i like to research a purchase. I posted another thread about the Galileo and got enough info to make a comfortable purchase. It should make a good backup device and it feels nearly indestructible.

Love the folks over at Elite Vaporworks. With all the other vendors popping up in the St Louis area, I think these guys are one of the best. I'm just starting with cartos, and they have been really helpful. My only complaint is that their juice is 70/30.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
They take good care of me and they will make custom blends. You probably need to contact them and give them time to make it though. I asked if he could make a higher VG juice if i kept having flooding issue and i was told no problem but it will need to steep. The 70PG/30VG is too thin in a SMOK dual hole IMO. I had nothing but problems with it until i tried a SMOK single hole or the IKV Fusion dual hole cartos.

The pollyfill is more tightly packed in the IKV Fushions and i think in the Boge F16s also. The plain SMOK unpunched single coil 1.7ohm also worked very well and they are cheap at Elite VW. I use them for tasting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread