A VV battery and a real tank, WOW what a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
So I just got my joyetech ego-c twists in the mail today and started using my mini protank 2 and I'm getting such a better vape than I previously had. I first started off with a kit from totally wicked with standard 650mah batteries and upgraded to one of their bottom atty tank systems and I thought it was good, but this set up I have now kicks it's ....

I'm getting more vaper, more taste, and a good throat hit. I wish I knew about this when I first started vaping.

I don't see myself getting any mods in the future(although I've been looking at the smoktech SID and VAMO) since this is a satisfying vape. I still like to know what's out there, but for the price of what I got, I think it's great.

I can't wait for my package to come from wizard labs so I can start mixing too =].

Congrats!! Totally there with you! I just got my Vision Spinner VV's and Kanger Protank Mini 2's today. I had to dial it in a bit and change the coil to a higher resistance to hit the sweet spot and am loving it now. Wow what a difference!! I have a full shopping cart at Wizard too, have had for about 3 or 4 days now. I think I am just gonna have to pull the trigger!!:evil:

So I just got my joyetech ego-c twists in the mail today and started using my mini protank 2 and I'm getting such a better vape than I previously had. I first started off with a kit from totally wicked with standard 650mah batteries and upgraded to one of their bottom atty tank systems and I thought it was good, but this set up I have now kicks it's ....

I'm getting more vaper, more taste, and a good throat hit. I wish I knew about this when I first started vaping.

I don't see myself getting any mods in the future(although I've been looking at the smoktech SID and VAMO) since this is a satisfying vape. I still like to know what's out there, but for the price of what I got, I think it's great.

I can't wait for my package to come from wizard labs so I can start mixing too =].

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA

I remember thinking the ego-c was all I'd ever want
Well, what an improvement the CE5 was.
Had 2 CE5 come apart in my pocket so I tried about 5 other attys
The Vision nova mini is built well, now I'm set!
Well, I guess I'll try a bigger battery. Tired of charging all the time. VV? I gotta try that, then I'll be set.
Twist is starting to need charged more often, Ordered a SVD.
Well, it is kinda big, I might not want to carry it with me everywhere, better add another twist too. Hey, My wife might have a better chance of quitting if she had a VV also. Better get a few iclear 16's for her too, she says she's not getting enough throat hit. Hey, they might be pretty good and I won't have one, better make mine a 30 though.
My SVD isn't even here and I'm looking at mech's and rebuildables. Might as well I had to learn about batteries, and they're cheaper to operate. HA.
I love it. Still much cheaper than smoking, with the DIY liquids.

Seems somewhere along the line, I turned from someone who just wanted win my long battle against cigs to an enthusiast. I recently made ECF my new home after realizing I was constantly looking for vapor threads at my old one.

DIY liquids can be fun and no more hassle than ordering once you develop a system. You made the right choice with wizardlabs. Hope you like diy liquids as much as I do.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I couldn't quit smoking until the Ego C and some strong juice was available. Stopped on a dime after trying to quit for four years with vaping. So, I know of what you speak. I was very satisfied. Somehow, one day I found ECF, they pointed me to Vapor Joes and FAsttech, time went by and now I vape with lotsa higher end crazy stuff that was unthinkable when I started. It often depends whether you enter the hobby phase or not. If you do, then the VV sticks are only the beginning, because there are better vapes and in dozens of different ways, and they can be just as fun to pursue and upgrade to as your current setup. So glad you made it! So glad it's working. So glad you're glad!! Welcome to the Forum, good luck, congrats on the new gear, good luck in DIY, power up and vape on!

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I too love my eGo Twist 650 vv bats with Evod tanks (just found some EVOD-C tops for cheap, ie, clear EVOD clearomizers) and after 7 months my first 4 bats are lasting shorter times between charges, so got me some more as backups. I've tried a couple larger mods but at 69, they're just too big and heavy to tote around in our very busy retirement years, RVing, 4-wheeling, and such. I think I'll stick with what's working for me and fine-tune my own DIY juices to my liking.
Glad things are working for all you others, too! When the news is horrid on the TV, I come here to read 'good reports' !! haha
NancyB
reading my signature figures, I never thought (before I quit) about how many cigs I will have avoided say 6 mos. down the road after the switch to vaping, but MAN, I'm over 5,000 now at 8 mos! Woohoo!!! lol What's not to like about that kind of figure?

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I like to set up my friends with a spinner, and an evod. Wish I got that advice starting out. My friend who got me to start uses white rhino disposable top coils, and an ego, so that's what I got at first. Waist of cash.

I too spent some money on a China made kit ($15+ for disposables) and no one told me to put juice in the cartomizers - grin! It still sits on my shelf as a reminder to me, to do the research myself, and learn all there is to know about that type device, before forking over the funds! lol I can only fault myself in that first purchase (and the language barrier between clerk and myself - lol).

I then bought an eGo-C kit with smaller manual batteries, and progressed to 650mAh variable voltage bats and on through CE-4 clearomisers to EVOD bcc clearomizers - very happy where I'm at now. I do need to look into the differences between the 'winders, spinners, and twist' 650-900mAh variable voltage batteries - perhaps one of them is cheaper than another in order to use in starter kits handed out to friends to try out? I've heard good thing about all three.

I recently found some clear evod tanks/clearomizers (no metal protecting tube around plastic inner tank) for less than $2.50 each! I think those would be good starter juice holders. If interested yourself, google 'clear EVOD-C' - come in a bunch of different colors, are bottom coil clearomizers with replaceable coil/wick atomizer heads (same as EVOD heads). That's the price from a China firm (wholesaler) - so am asking what their minimum order is, and waiting for reply...

I think I paid $8-$10 for my first EVOD tank from a b&m store in AZ. pays to shop around and learn before you purchase!!
NancyB

ewith1999

Sep 23, 2013
Minnesota

I am looking into picking up a better battery and tanks for a better vape like you are talking about. Which E-go twists did you bet? 900mAh?

I concur. I started with automatic 78mm Volt cigalikes about a year ago, and they just didn't cut it, especially with regular cartomizers. So a month or so ago I ordered some mini clearomizers to go on the 78s and that worked much better, but couldn't get much for a full satisfying puff. Finally got a 1300mAh Spinner and a T3, and it's amazing how much of a difference it made. Big flavorful clouds.

I was smoking 8-10 Black N Milds a day, and now I'm down to 3 or 4, after a week and a half of having the Spinner. I intend to continue the trend. Just cutting back the bit I have has lowered my heart rate and made me feel a lot better.

One thing stopping me from switching over completely is running short on [expensive] juice, so I also intend to order from Wizard Labs soon. I calculate it'll cost me approximately $2.20 per 30ml if I make my own, as compared to $10-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread