Does anyone prefer cigalikes to the bigger, more powerful models that most use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nope, only used cigalikes for the first three weeks and then jumped up to a small and large mechanical mod and never looked back. And since I've experienced variable voltage and regulated voltage with a Provari, I primarily use a regulated mod 99% of the time.

Family3.jpg

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Just wondering what folks are up to. It was hard for me to make the switch from cigarettes to e cigs. At this point I have a big, refillable e cig and the Cig 2 O cigalike with replaceable cartomizers. The Cig 2 O feels and looks more like more like a cigarette, but doesn't produce the vapor that the big boys produce. However, I do like the smallness of it and the feel of having a real cigarette in my hand. Also, I don't ever feel like cleaning my big e cig, so I'm torn about which one to use. I have about 100 cartomizers in my cabinet that I bought in January, so if I stick with the Cig 2 O cigalike, I won't have to buy anything for probaly 6 months.

You answered the question yourself. Use up what you have and when you are ready to make the next step you won't have a bunch of gear left over. If and when you are ready, consider getting a higher end mod, like a reo mod. They are small, powerful and produce a tonne of vapor. Reos Mods

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
My wife and female coworker like the cigalikes

I bought these for my wife
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1401204
1401204-4.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1325010
1325010-4.jpg

You can use a standard eGo charger with a tiny bit of modification (only to the shell)
20131005_204426_zpsecba111b.jpg

as you can see I had to remove the tiny plastic ring around the charging threads, the 510-X battery is a tiny bit larger than a cigalike but much smaller than a eGo battery, the gold collar is just a bit larger than the standard neck diameter of an eGo 510 post.
(yeah..it's a Totally Wicked charger from a Titan Tank! Cost me $40 for something I got for less than $20 for 2 batts and 5 atomizers + tanks!!!!!! [that's what people refer to as a "stupid tax" for not doing your homework first!!])

At 400mAh compared to a regular cigalike 180mAh...she can vape MUCH longer!

Last edited:

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
I don't really prefer cig-alikes, for one I used to roll my own, two, I like the odd cigar.
An ego 650mAh twist with an CE4/iclear16 I can can use anywhere, and I hold it just like a cigar and it's about the right size too.
Haven't got onto mods or VV/VW devices yet that's a totally different thing.
But no problem here with a ego 1000mAh or spinner 1300mAh either. They're just larger cigar sized; people have had no problem with that size of burning tobacco leaf for a long time.
I guess it might be different for people that always smoked tailor cigarettes, but it's not really a huge jump to get into ego sized batteries and learn to hold/wield them like a cigar...

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

Out of curiosity, how long have you been vaping?

Also, you will see many post on these forums regarding battery safety.
I can't stress enough that if you do decide to go with something else, get the proper charger or batteries for it.

The key is, what ever works for you to get off a nasty habit. I have a fishing tackle box full of ecig experiments, but I've found what works best for me. I go with the theory, whoever has the most toys, wins. Total dollars spent? One hell of a lot less dollars spent while smoking. Eight months without a cigarette, 9,600 cigarettes not smoked.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I've been going back and forth between real cigs and e cigs for about a year. I wasn't until just a week ago that I finally turned the corner and went to vaping only and have sworn off cigarettes for good.

And now you know why most move on to a larger PV.

There is no right or wrong, it's simply a matter of what will do the job of ending the need to smoke.
    I started out with an eGo -T, and I smoked my last cigarette the next day. So it was enough to get me off cigarettes, but I question if it would have been enough to keep me off cigarettes. Now, I find, that the last thing I want is for it to look like a cigarette, feel like a cigarette, or taste like a cigarette, and I damn sure don't want it to stink like a cigarette.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    1) You do NOT have to move up to anything bigger if you don't want to.
    2) Plenty of people use cig-a-likes exclusively. For years. Forever maybe. Because they WANT to.
    3) Form factor is a very important thing for many.

Please investigate other cartos/coils. Particularly different ohms and capacities. That will change the "hit" but also reduce battery life. The harder it hits, the more electricity you use per second. So you'll need even more spare batteries. Also, if you go too low on ohms, it could damage them (hard to say for sure, probably depends on make/model and exact circuitry). So....small adjustments in ohms. Lower ohms = hotter/more vapor.

Fill em yourself, of course. Maybe research PCC's.

Also, there are USB based PT's that have a separate battery from the handheld mouthpiece so they are more-or-less cig-sized but they have a cord hanging off them. There's 5v ones too.

Or upgrade. It's all about battery capacity and features. But it's more about YOUR choices. Do what works for you.

Khala

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 29, 2013
    Illinois, US

I have larger PV's, but I love my eRoll. In my opinion, it's one of the best cigalike's out there.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2013
    USA
    I prefer cig-alikes when I'm around people who I wouldn't feel like explaining the bigger devices too. I always bring the cig-alikes when I leave my house just in case, along with the bigger stuff.

Recently I started a new part time job that you technically can smoke during, and I vaped my cig-alikes in front of my new boss (who I knew before-hand). That's the perfect situation for when cig-alikes are useful. They satisfy enough to get me through these times, but not enough on their own all day every day.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA

Only at times do I prefer them. When I want a hands free device.

I am using cigalikes but am usually on my 18650 device. I really want to find the ultimate cigalike for hands free use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread