Whats the Best UK e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have just started on the forum and am looking for advice from UK members. I have been using disposables from one of the supermarkets for about 2 weeks now and found them quite good I have already gone from 20 B&H to about 10 a day. I am looking to buy a proper kit with chargers and everything and have seen a few online. I just want a cigarette type with refill filters, any advice on which ones are good and which ones to avoid would be welcome.

Thanks,

Arthur

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
I would try out a few at one of the many markets we have here in UK, or a local shop. I've met a lot of friendly people that way, and have had a ton of great advice so far. Personally, I use a simple eGo type battery (1100 mAh lasts me all day on 1 charge) and an EVOD type atomizer. All reasonably priced compared to the more exotic re-buildables, computerised VV/VW/WhatNot mods.

Later on you'll be a lot better informed when you start shopping around on the web. Of course... this place has an ocean of great advice too, but won't give you the look-and-feel experience you get with a marketeer or at a shop.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Arthur :)

Firstly, it's best to avoid any that look like & are the size of a cigarette. The batteries are so small in them that you would be recharging them every couple of hours.

You would do far better going for something more cigar sized like an ego or Riva.

Here are a couple of examples from good UK vendors -

The Riva from Vape Escape - use discount code allabout for 10% off -

Vape Escape Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit [VE151] - £34.95 : Vape Escape

Evod kit from Myepack -

E VOD Starter Kit (Black) - Starter Kits

And here is a list of other good UK e-cig & e-liquid vendors -

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=23191

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
E-lites are indeed very expensive & there is no way their cartomisers (tips) are the equivalent of 40 cigarettes - more like 8 at the most.

If you really want something small have a look at the SD keyring, it's cheaper & has a better battery than e-lites or any other ciggie lookalike - plus it's very small -

The SD KeyRing Ecig [VE266] - £13.99 : Vape Escape

And these are the prefilled cartomisers for it (you can also refill them with e-liquid) -

SD KeyRing Prefilled Cartomisers [VE272] - £6.99 : Vape Escape

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for your replies. I have seen people using some of the bigger e cigs, but I just want something simple, I am hoping to use it at work without being noticed too much. E-lites look quite good but they do seem very expensive. Is anyone using anything like E-lites thats cheaper.

The way I see it, there are two types of e-cig you might see out and about (not including the top stuff). It'll either be a cigarette-look-a-like or an eGo battery system.

Some brands are not good - not good at all in fact. They charge double or triple every other make and the products are now almost prehistoric. Expensive doesn't begin to explain away the fact that one cartomizer is £3.99. 5 cartomizers are £20.

They will clear £40,000,000 turnover this year alone (these guys are seriously raking it in....) and are in no mood to slow down or reduce their prices. All the marketing claims have been utterly debunked by every last corner of the e-cig universe and they just stand by their outrageous claims. They might feasibly do 400 puffs if you barely puff on them, but those 400 puffs will produce a yield of less than half a pack of cigarettes worth of nicotine.

They are a sham. As are most of the others too. It is quite feasible to use look-a-like products if you can live with the lack of nicotine or the pathetic battery run times, but in truth they are very poor across the board.

I am putting together a new simple kit someone (he's been using SD keyring). He can't fill stuff and needs simplicity.

Now e-cigs are on temporary reprieve from the medicines regulation, the next year or so is going to be open season. There are new brands queuing around the block to sell plastic sticks and criminally expensive refills.

People are quitting smoking on £39.99 kits and a few bottles of e-liquid.
People are not quitting smoking using useless plastic sticks and spending £1,000+ a year on an "alternative" that is barely more than a placebo. If they want to avoid the smoking ban, fair enough, but most don't. I wanted to quit smoking (from 3/4 pack a day) and wasted my time and money (lots of it....) believing the hype.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
I like to use totally wicked. Quality products and customer service. If you like their liquid, they put a lot of money doing spectrum tests before distributing it. You always know down to the molecules of what you're getting.

totally agree! I'm the USA and i use totally wicked for a lot things. because they are willing to publish the gas chromatography tests for there liquid online so everyone can see the data

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Or, put another way.

I went from about 15 down to 10 and went on for months and months thinking I could quit using a supermarket type. B&H is a proper cigarette and unless you can cut down you nicotine without getting in a bad way, you will hit a brick wall with look-a-like brands.

If you want to keep it small and stick with prefilled cartomisers, find a reliable and good value vendor. Refills are available for just over £1 each if you know where to look.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for your replies. I think I will try the SD keyring, I see they also do B&H flavour. Does anyone know a good vendor in the Coventry area for refills.

Thanks again.

SD keyring is good. I wonder if the maxi version is still sold out?
In regards to refills, the biggest problem will be finding a shop that does them. There are plenty of internet vendors (doing pre-filled) and most shops will sell blank cartomizers, but that involves refilling.

I'd be tempted to splash out on a selection from www.ecigscrewdriver.com The Home of an E Smoking Icon - Hosted by CaveCom

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK thanks for your advice.

You know - I realise I come across as slightly mad and totally anti look-a-like ecigs, but I'm not really....just a few of the brands.

My house is a sort of wasteland for small and mostly bad look-a-likes, mainly because my missus won't use an eGo battery, so we (she and I) have more or less tried everything on the market.

She still smokes, I still use my eGo batteries and the odd "mod" e-cig. I hope this doesn't go on forever as she is sometimes very poorly from smoking.

Good luck.

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
UK
ecigfind.com
Hello Arthur, if it's just mini (realistic-looking) e cigarettes you're interested in I wouldn't recommend getting anything that requires you to keep buying millions of refills as this will cost you a lot of money in the long term. The JAC V1P PCC is a refillable mini ecig that is small and easy to refill, and vapes very nicely. A mini ecig that is mostly unheard of but which fares well and runs on fairly cheap refill cartomisers is the E Cigarette Web Tiger Coco and unlike the JAC, is an inexpensive first buy. I've done a brief mini ecigs top 5 here if this helps.

If on the other hand you want a bigger device with more battery power and duration, I would try mixing and matching accessories to get the one you want. Personally I'm a big fan of the sleek RoK 512 eGo battery (which warns you when power is getting low!) together with a Ce8 mesh clearomiser (1.8 oHm) , which I find gives a nice, clean strong vape. You can get both of these from UK sellers ecigwizard and Rok universal.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks for your replies. I think I will try the SD keyring, I see they also do B&H flavour. Does anyone know a good vendor in the Coventry area for refills.

Thanks again.

Closest place is 26 miles away:
[Nicovape]

Phone: [07771483306]

Email: [nicovape@hotmail.com]

Hours of Operation

MON-FRI 10.30-5PM
SAT 10.30-5.30PM

Sun: Closed

Address
Flavour Vapour
The shopping Mews