Ohm Meters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbriguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can a regular multimeter set to impedance mode be used to check the resistance of your atomizer? Is it absolutely necessary to buy one of these specialized ohm meters with 510 connectors on them? I have three multimeters here already... I don't want to buy another meter that only has one specialized purpose, if the three that I already have can do the same thing (and more).

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
DMM's work fine and are more accurate, generally speaking. Those little carto/atomizer readers though are handy. I use mine a lot more than my DMM, and like a previous poster suggested, they make a nice platform to build you coils on. So, no you don't need one. Yes, they are nice to have. I also have the 510 voltmeter, and find it very useful as well.

In case you or someone reading wants one of those carto/atomizer readers, they are hard to come by, but Exhale Vapors has them in stock now:

Carto Ohm Meter.jpg Ohm Reader - Battery Operated

Use coupon code "Delicious" for 16% OFF EVERYTHING! These go in and out of stock quickly, so this may not be available by the time you read this post.

votage meter 2.jpg The Voltage Meters are nice also and can measure "under load." Very useful.

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
DMM's work fine and are more accurate, generally speaking. Those little carto/atomizer readers though are handy. I use mine a lot more than my DMM, and like a previous poster suggested, they make a nice platform to build you coils on. So, no you don't need one. Yes, they are nice to have. I also have the 510 voltmeter, and find it very useful as well.

In case you or someone reading wants one of those carto/atomizer readers, they are hard to come by, but Exhale Vapors has them in stock now:

View attachment 262439 Ohm Reader - Battery Operated

Use coupon code "Delicious" for 16% OFF EVERYTHING! These go in and out of stock quickly, so this may not be available by the time you read this post.

View attachment 262443 The Voltage Meters are nice also and can measure "under load." Very useful.

Thank you for the comment and the info! Just ordered an Ohm Reader from them, with the coupon code! I've been looking for one, and this was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread