How can I get a more powerful feeling vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I am using a ego twist and a vision spinner with a mini protank and also Ivod with 1.8ohm and 2.5ohm coils. How can I get a stronger feeling hit? And more vapor? I have ordered a lot of juice lately and am still waiting for some in the mail. I have tried 100%VG, 70%PG, but I haven't gone above 18mg nicotine. I have mainly been vaping pretty mild flavors.

I just feel like I am getting kinda weak feeling drags most of the time. I suppose having more nicotine and stronger tasting juice might help...I guess I'm looking for more throat hit and more vapor, and just a more cig-like experience maybe? hard to describe. Too much of the time I feel like I'm puffing air.

Or is it the devices I'm using for vaping?

Also, maybe I should up my nicotine, I had been smoking over a PAD of american spirits in the yellow pack.

All my e liquid is 18mg or lower, if I ordered some plain nicotine how much should I add to make my liquids stronger?

Been at this since Sept. 6

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I am using a ego twist and a vision spinner with a mini protank and also kanger ivod with 1.8ohm and 2.5ohm coils. How can I get a stronger feeling hit? And more vapor? I have ordered a lot of juice lately and am still waiting for some in the mail. I have tried 100%VG, 70%PG, but I haven't gone above 18mg nicotine. I have mainly been vaping pretty mild flavors.

I just feel like I am getting kinda weak feeling drags most of the time. I suppose having more nicotine and stronger tasting juice might help...I guess I'm looking for more throat hit and more vapor, and just a more cig-like experience maybe? hard to describe. Too much of the time I feel like I'm puffing air.

Or is it the devices I'm using for vaping?

Also, maybe I should up my nicotine, I had been smoking over a PAD of american spirits in the yellow pack.

It's probably the airiness of your tank. Try an evod type and you should be able to hit better.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Do you vape tobacco flavors? If so try 1.8 or 2.6 Moutain Vapors Bacconut, USA Mix or Cherry cured. If you don't care for tobaccos (I can't imagine though because these are soooo good) then try their Pecan Roll. Even though they're 50/50, they have the best throat hit I've found. You might order 2.6 and add some PG to bring the nic strength down and add even more TH. This is what I do routinely. I might have straight 26 in the morning and then drop to one I've added PG to to lower the nic to 18 or 16 later in the day.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I probably shouldn't reply as I am so totally new to vaping (2 days) but I am having the opposite problem to you. The throat hit I'm getting from 24mg is way too much and I smoked over 20 regular cigs a day. I'm using an EVOD if that matters but I think if you draw slow and long (count up to three in your head while you draw) you will have a LOT of vapour in your mouth. Inhale that and you'll get a throat hit that knocks your head off at 24mg and might suffice at 18.

If anyone wants to point out I am talking rubbish, feel free, I usually am.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I probably shouldn't reply as I am so totally new to vaping (2 days) but I am having the opposite problem to you. The throat hit I'm getting from 24mg is way too much and I smoked over 20 regular cigs a day. I'm using an EVOD if that matters but I think if you draw slow and long (count up to three in your head while you draw) you will have a LOT of vapour in your mouth. Inhale that and you'll get a throat hit that knocks your head off at 24mg and might suffice at 18.

Heck, I just jumped in with both feet when I got here....lol

Don't worry, people will correct you when you're wrong, but if you just roll with it and keep your sense of humor about you, you'll do fine and learn a lot.

ohmyidontthinkthisworks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
No Where, Iowa
I will agree with JJ, building is key.. but as said before using the evod head in the protank will tighten the draw. 24mg high vg usually provides quite a bit of throat hit.. I rebuild and I was at 24mg and now I am down to 12mg, Patkin makes great points as well. Also, I have noticed that certain liquids no matter what the ratio is don't provide much th, while other are overwhelming.. that could be due to contents though i noticed cutting with vodka can do the same.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Heck, I just jumped in with both feet when I got here....lol

Don't worry, people will correct you when you're wrong, but if you just roll with it and keep your sense of humor about you, you'll do fine and learn a lot.

You know how they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? That's where I am with vaping at the moment. I'm the equivalent to the guy who learns how to switch a computer on, decides he's an expert then goes around blowing everyone's computer up lol.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
You know how they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? That's where I am with vaping at the moment. I'm the equivalent to the guy who learns how to switch a computer on, decides he's an expert then goes around blowing everyone's computer up lol.

I've had more time than most to do constant research. I'm unemployed and a computer addict so I've been absorbing knowledge at an alarming rate for the past 3 weeks...lol

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas

your issue is that you not used to vaping. Most new vapors find the vapor too harsh at first, give it a couple weeks to get used to the vapor. How long did it take to get used to cigarette smoke? It will take some time to switch over to vapor. It took me 2 weeks or more to feel ok vaping.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
your issue is that you not used to vaping. Most new vapors find the vapor too harsh at first, give it a couple weeks to get used to the vapor. How long did it take to get used to cigarette smoke? It will take some time to switch over to vapor. It took me 2 weeks or more to feel ok vaping.

I never thought of it like that. Yep it's all new to me still and trust me I'm not complaining. Day 2 and I haven't thought ONCE of having a real cig so I'll get there in the end. Thanks Jim :)

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
just a more cig-like experience maybe? hard to describe. Too much of the time I feel like I'm puffing air.

One of the things I learned on this forum is that vaping is not smoking, you just can't replicate a real cigarette (who would wan't to?)
I started vaping with a mint flavor I got a stronger taste from it then fruit or vanilla and the like.Now I enjoy the fruit a lot more then the mint.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
@Firephly, it sounds like you're getting too much air. Try blocking off one of the holes. @Silentscream. 24mg is probably too high I would get some glycerine and dilute your juice down to about 18 and see how that works for ya.

Yep I'm planning to do exactly that but will still keep some of the 24's for when I need a mega nicotine hit - Chelsea losing at home to Arsenal as an e.g., won't make much sense to people in the US lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread