Aspire ET-S BDC glassomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbunglez

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Florida
They finally shipped my glassomizer after pre ordering these bad boys a couple weeks ago. 1 x Aspire 2.4ml ET-S BDC Glassomizer and 1 x Coil Head 1.8ohm + 2 x 2.1ohm[Upon request] otherwise 3 x 1.8ohm will be provided [EXTENDED PROMO!]

Can't wait to test this tank out, I've had the smoktech aro Pyrex which held up nicely but cracked on me and the glass Vision V-fate Nova that whenever I'd put it in my pocket the bottom/stem piece of the tank would move and leak. Here's hoping these ones are better.

http://www.vividsmoke.com/aspire-et-s-bdc-glassomizer.html

calvinguy

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Well damn, I wish I waited for the glass version to came out. I got the nova version, 2nd juice that I put in there completely melted the tank after about 2 hours sitting idle. The juice is literally embedded into the tank and no amount of washing can get it out. Oh well... I ordered a replacement metal nova tube, but sadly you can't see the liquid level.

calvinguy

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
How did you crack the aro tank? Just wondering..(asking because I have one coming the mail)

aro tank? Don't know what that means. My original plastic tank that came with the aspire nova is that one that melted, not sure what type of plastic it is. It was also a pineapple juice that caused the chemical reaction, probably too acidic. Strange part is that the tank didn't crack, the plastic in the inner tube is melted and certain area's are chipped away. There is also a ring of cloudy fog sitting which formed around the tube where the juice was resting. My guess is that it would have eventually cracked if I left it in there longer.

Oh well, lesson learned. Never buy clearo's with plastic tanks, especially when you like to vape alot of acidic stuff.

Mrbunglez

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Florida
How did you crack the aro tank? Just wondering..(asking because I have one coming the mail)

I had it on my lap while on the computer and it rolled off my lap onto my tile floor. I dunno where the crack is but it leaks where the glass window is now whenever I have it filled.

Reactions: fraserkr

Mrbunglez

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Florida
Just ordered 2 Aspire ET-S BDC from DV. How has it been treating you Mrbunglez the past couple weeks? Still happy with it?

Yes very happy with it, although I've upgraded since because I wanted something that holds a little more juice. I got a Aspire BDC vivi nova Pyrex tank that holds 3.5 mls. It uses the same BDC the little one uses which is also a bonus.
Plus I like the bigger tank look for my evic.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Just got my Aspire tanks today. WOW! What a difference good engineering makes!
Great throat hit, lots of warm vapor, no leaks (so far), no gurgling, very nice indeed!

All four are Pyrex-lined tanks, two of the VIVI style and two of the ET-S BDC type. All in stainless cover outer covers.
Matches the brushed stainless of my iTaste SVD mod to a T. As a matter of fact the finish on the tanks is smoother and a
nicer polish than my SVD.

Goodbye cartomizers both Pyrex and polycarbonate lined, ProTank II you'll have to sit on the shelf for awhile. Kanger T3S tanks I'll keep for testing new ejuices. They are working well, no leaks or gurgles but don't provide as much vapor but I can rebuild their coils.

Aspire has done an excellent job on these units.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just got my Aspire tanks today. WOW! What a difference good engineering makes!
Great throat hit, lots of warm vapor, no leaks (so far), no gurgling, very nice indeed!

All four are Pyrex-lined tanks, two of the VIVI style and two of the ET-S BDC type. All in stainless cover outer covers.
Matches the brushed stainless of my iTaste SVD mod to a T. As a matter of fact the finish on the tanks is smoother and a
nicer polish than my SVD.

Goodbye cartomizers both Pyrex and polycarbonate lined, ProTank II you'll have to sit on the shelf for awhile. Kanger T3S tanks I'll keep for testing new ejuices. They are working well, no leaks or gurgles but don't provide as much vapor but I can rebuild their coils.

Aspire has done an excellent job on these units.
]

Thanks for the review, I am waiting on 2 of these to arrive later this week.
:toast:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Mine should be here today :) I have two of the plastic aspire bdc's and have not used anything but them since getting them about three weeks ago! I'm anxious to have my first glass tank.....I've held off because everyone thought the PT was too airy (not for me) and because I know I'll drop it and break it or knock it over. ;) I sold most of my T3's and heads when I got these.

Tracey

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
I've been using the Aspire ET-S for a few weeks now. Today, I just got the Aspire BDC Vivi Nova (not the Vivi Nova-S... the one I bought uses the polycarb). I wanted to compare as I've been getting an ... interesting... taste from both of the ET-S. I don't really know how to explain it, but it tastes almost plastic-y or rubbery or something... maybe metallic, but not quite. I've tried a few different juices and a few different coils, and seems to continue to happen. Then I try the Aspire Vivi Nova, and it is INCREDIBLE. The vapor production is insane, even without the wattage pumped to where I normally leave the ET-S.

I don't know what it is that's going on with the other two ET-S. My girlfriend doesn't seem to notice, but I definitely get a distinct and common 'other' taste. Has anyone else had anything similar. I've tried vaping the same juice in my Mini Pro-Tank 2 and there is a distinct hint of something in the ET-S that isn't there in the PT2. That being the case, I'm hesitant to buy another glass Aspire with the aluminum lining as I fear it may have something to do with the aluminum, but really can't put my finger on it.

Let me know if anyone else has had a similar experience..... or maybe my taste buds are simply crazy.

Last edited:

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
I've been using the Aspire ET-S for a few weeks now. Today, I just got the Aspire BDC Vivi Nova (not S... it uses the polycarb). I wanted to compare as I've been getting an ... interesting... taste from both of the ET-S. I don't really know how to explain it, but it tastes almost plastic-y or rubbery or something... maybe metallic, but not quite. I've tried a few different juices and a few different coils, and seems to continue to happen. Then I try the Aspire Vivi Nova, and it is INCREDIBLE. The vapor production is insane, even without the wattage pumped to where I normally leave the ET-S.

I don't know what it is that's going on with the other two ET-S. My girlfriend doesn't seem to notice, but I definitely get a distinct and common 'other' taste. Has anyone else had anything similar. I've tried vaping the same juice in my Mini Pro-Tank 2 and there is a distinct hint of something in the ET-S that isn't there in the PT2. That being the case, I'm hesitant to buy another glass Aspire with the aluminum lining as I fear it may have something to do with the aluminum, but really can't put my finger on it.

Let me know if anyone else has had a similar experience..... or maybe my taste buds are simply crazy.

Yep same issue with the ets. I had 1 head that worked pretty good, then the other 7 have. Really odd taste, no flavor insanely tight draw and they won't even wick the juice properly. I had high hopes, and was tickled pink for the first 24hrs but then the original head starting burning pretty bad, that's when I tried the other 7 heads all are bad. I thought maybe I had a bad head, but to no surprise they all are no good. Pretty disappointed. Needless to say they won't be getting anymore of my money.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Something interesting happened today.

I was at McDonalds cause I wanted my yearly fix of McRib. (Yes it's sick I know, but only once a year.) It was and is raining and cold here in Central Texas so I was bundled up rather snug. I had my iTaste VV v3.0 with the ET-S Pryrex clearomizer attached and it was in my jacket inside pocket.

I proceeded to open up my jacket to reach my wallet, I did it with a little force and the battery mod and clearomizer went flying out about 12 feet or so landing on the tile floor. WOW! Oh crap I thought, now I have either a cracked pryex-lined tank and or broken VV.

Both survived! That's what I'm talking about! The only issue was it caused some ejuice to pool in the coil head making gurgle and spit. I removed the tank and gently blew through it out the bottom hole into a paper napkin. Also some ejuice settled into the head of the VV connector. Cleaned that up too and the puppy vapes as if nothing ever occurred.

Now that's a quality solidly built unit!

Aspire... you ROCK! :headbang: iTaste... you too! :thumb:

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
I just got my glassomizer yesterday. These are just observations.... I bought two because I have been hearing some good reviews. Both registered NON on my MVP right out of the bag they came in. I guess they can't afford to have a package with directions and such.. So after prying the coil head out a bit so that it would fire it finally came up on my ohms checker. I let it sit after its first fill for more than an hour and then did a few primer puffs. After all of that I took my first vape and was very impressed... Nice vapor, nice warm throat hit...and I filled them both up with my favorite juice. Today was a different story. They both leaked juice into the battery connects... Both of them flooded twice.. I am bummed because they worked great for one night. And if I had only bought one and this happened, I would more than likely chalk it off as a bad head. But both? And I really wanted to not just like but LOVE, these tanks. Luckily I brought my kangar tanks for backups cause I would have been ....... At the cost, meh....you live and learn. They may be decent tanks for some but for me I will be sticking to my kangars and iclears 30-s until I decide to invest my time into RBA's. Again I wanted to love these tanks so this is not me bashing aspire, just my opinion. Not for me....

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
I've been using the Aspire ET-S for a few weeks now. Today, I just got the Aspire BDC Vivi Nova (not the Vivi Nova-S... the one I bought uses the polycarb). I wanted to compare as I've been getting an ... interesting... taste from both of the ET-S. I don't really know how to explain it, but it tastes almost plastic-y or rubbery or something... maybe metallic, but not quite. I've tried a few different juices and a few different coils, and seems to continue to happen. Then I try the Aspire Vivi Nova, and it is INCREDIBLE. The vapor production is insane, even without the wattage pumped to where I normally leave the ET-S.

And yes I tasted something weird too..... It wasn't just your taste buds.... plastic like weirdness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread