Still searching for that ultimate Vape and Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
I find myself constantly trying new devices and new juices. Can't seem to find that all day vape. I currently use an ego C twist with a Viva Nova- had a mini protank II - found it to be too airy (covered all but one hole with tape). Wanted a tighter draw so i am now trying the Viva Nova. Seems to be never ending.

DaMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
New to vaping too. Odd thing is I don't seem to like tobacco flavours and thought I would. They were the first ones I started playing with and hate them all. My favourite is Vader Puddin'. Oddley enough again, I don't like caramel at all but when it comes to vaping I love it. Same with Vanilla, like it for vaping but not eating. I love fruits but they don't really do it for me for vaping. Go figure. Try some Vader Puddin, I can vape it all day long.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Do you find yourself loving a juice and thinking "this is it....I can vape this all day"...then after a couple days you're sick of it? That is what is happening to me. So unfortunately I don't think I'll ever find something and settle on it for too long :)

And I feel your pain with equipment too...I love what I'm using, but there are so many methods and types of equipment that I can't help but want the "next best thing"....

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
New to vaping too. Odd thing is I don't seem to like tobacco flavours and thought I would. They were the first ones I started playing with and hate them all. My favourite is Vader Puddin'. Oddley enough again, I don't like caramel at all but when it comes to vaping I love it. Same with Vanilla, like it for vaping but not eating. I love fruits but they don't really do it for me for vaping. Go figure. Try some Vader Puddin, I can vape it all day long.
I felt this way the first three months and now I'm vaping RY4 about 50% to 75% of the time. I love the flavor and if you follow the RY4 Roundup in the Liquid review forum, there are plenty of great ones to try. Some of the other tobacco falvors I've tested recently (like HHV Heavenly Army) still don;t do it for me. It's RY4 or bust.

Other than that I love strawberry vapes, I use Dragon's Crown or Dragon's Tear from ECBlend every day. I like coffee, but less now than I did two months ago. I like Orange Cream, Watermelon and Peach vapes also, but I've stopped buying most other flavors. The juice is key in settling into the "lifestyle" IMO, and it takes a lot of trial and error.

I'm not nearly as enamored with mods, if you find something that delivers that right punch to match your topper you are good IMO. I think everyone could prosper just using an eGo, a Spinner or Twist and a mod. I do like my carto tanks though, I think they are terrific in delivering the desired vape.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
All I did when I started was chase that Marlboro Light tobacco taste, which I quickly realized and read on here was never going to happen. Found 2 tobaccos that got me thru the beginning quit stage, Halo's Prime and Torque. I remember telling my local B&M that vaping fruit and desserts was "crazy and I'd never do that". Good thing I didn't plop down a huge wager on that.

Ditto to Lombaowski ^^^^ I'm close to the three month mark, found 5-6 ADV that I love in a great variety so I can mix it up and wanting 2-4 more for just in case I get sick of any, which I doubt at this point i will. I still check out new PVs once in a while but haven't pulled the trigger. Maybe in 2014. I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Also remeber one BIG factor when u first quit analogs, ur tastes buds are going haywire. What you liked in week one of ur quit, you may hate in week two. That's why in the beginning, it's good to try sample sizes before leaping into large quantities. Or, possibly, u may drop nic level quicker than u think. I bought 30 ml bottles in 18mg...too strong for me already.

Zodiac

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Cape Town, South Africa
Its funny how taste is so subjective, i think its part of what makes vaping so interesting. I seem to go through my phases with different types of juice. This month it would be tobacco's, then the next, fruity vapes.

I think what works best for me is to vape something different every day, and come back to the one i started with a few days later. This way i enjoy all my juice, all the time. Although it did take time, trial and error to find a few that i really enjoy.

cryptic

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
A2, MI
I came to like the looser draw on the protanks. Have both a protank2 and a mini 2v2. I have a nova as well but don't like it as much. Also have a bunch of evods which I would recommend if you like a bit tighter draw. Nice thing is if you have protank coils already you'll have spares for the evod.

My tastes are actually the opposite of Damann. Love caramel and butterscotch but all of those flavor juices are nasty to me. Some fruit flavors are ok.

I get tired of flavors pretty quick too. I try and take the mindset that I was OK with the same flavor smokes forever so why am I so picky about juice? Here's what I currently do... Protank stays loaded with Mt Dew, red energy or some other flavor I'm more into and can vape a lot of. Mini PT gets loaded with some fruity type flavor. Then I keep an evod or two loaded with mint type flavors (wintergreen, spearmint, menthol, peppermint). I rotate similar flavors through the same tanks. When I get tired of say wintergreen, reload with peppermint.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Always a topic of much discussion.

I've gone through phases where I'm both enjoying the vape and the flavor to such an extent I probably achieved nirvana... for a little while. And other phases where the same juice tastes like nothing but hot air. For the last month I've been unable to taste much of anything except Red Hot Cinnamon, though I've laid off it the past week due to vaping it pretty heavy.

Thought maybe it was my Protanks, maybe what everyone says its true, they give muted flavor. "But how could that be?" I ask, my cinnamon is crazy red hot, sweet, and delicious in it. I've had other juices that tasted phenomenal in them as well. Trying the same juice in my dripper, little or no difference. Alright, so I got a carto tank, just to see what the fuss was all about. Ehhh... I think I prefer my Protank haha.

Right now I'm vaping HHV Shadow, I get little/no taste on the inhale and a gloriously smooth, plume of delicious honey cured tobacco on the exhale. Well. Good enough I suppose.

Going to get an iClear 30 and see how a warmer top-coil vape does on flavor. But sometimes you just have to chase other things if the juice or the flavor isn't cutting it for you. For example, one thing you might find you enjoy just as much as a good flavor/juice is some GOOD throat hit. It's quite satisfying as well.

And if nothing is working for you, get some menthol, and some red hot cinnamon. Vape both. Possibly at the same time. Good quality juices of either can be a nice way to mix up your regular rotation with something a little more extreme. I keep bottles of both on hand just in case nothing else is working for me.

Hope you find a setup that works for you!

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

Here's what I currently do... Protank stays loaded with Mt Dew, red energy or some other flavor I'm more into and can vape a lot of. Mini PT gets loaded with some fruity type flavor. Then I keep an evod or two loaded with mint type flavors (wintergreen, spearmint, menthol, peppermint). I rotate similar flavors through the same tanks. When I get tired of say wintergreen, reload with peppermint.

Very similar to what I do. It's probably one of the best ways to go about it unless you're lucky enough to find that mythical ADV, and even then, most keep a few flavors on rotation so they don't lose interest.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
The best thing about vaping so far is how may different way there are to do it. I rotate between 5-6 flavors during the day. As a flavor numbs out, I switch. I also find that there are different vapes that I like at different times of day. Thing is, I am convinced that there is no perfect vape. Every atomizer is different, every juice is different. I don't eat the same thing every day, so I don't think it is odd at all. Nice thing is, with all these choices, there is no reason to settle on anything. Find what you love at the moment and love it until you change. Stores close, people come up with new gear and you hear things that sound interesting as you interact with others. Just my two cents. Good luck and have fun! Remember, it is all about quitting and if you can help someone else to do so in the process, you win twice.

DaMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I felt this way the first three months and now I'm vaping RY4 about 50% to 75% of the time. I love the flavor and if you follow the RY4 Roundup in the Liquid review forum, there are plenty of great ones to try. Some of the other tobacco falvors I've tested recently (like HHV Heavenly Army) still don;t do it for me. It's RY4 or bust.

Interesting. I bought RY4 and didn't like it. Wonder if it needs to steep?

Ive gone through over 20 different flavors since I made the great leap from cigarettes to vaping and you can bet I've tried my share of inferior juices. In fact at one point I didn't think vapor couldn't be made to either taste good or be smooth let alone be so delicious I could vape on it all day. I wanted to quit smoking so bad though so after doing hours and hours of researching I gave virgin vapors a try and upon trying a few flavors I tried their cotton candy flavor and I will never go without it now. It provides tons of vapor (100% VG) and doesn't irritate my throat with even the longest drags I can take off my Ego twist. Its not overpowering at all and leaves that classic cotton candy flavor lingering in your mouth. Before I tried it I was afraid It would be to sweet or get old fast but I blew through a 1/4 oz bottle in a little over two days. Hopefully my 1 oz bottle will be here early next week!

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Interesting. I bought RY4 and didn't like it. Wonder if it needs to steep?

Depends if it is 100% PG or not I suppose. I get 70/30 or 50/50 and let them steep for seven to 21 days. When I fist quit smoking I tried some RY4s and I didn't like them too much, but since I think my taste buds have changed and I've tried some highly rated brews.

This post is a start, reading through that thread is amazing after you get the RY4 itch. I'd say if you try anything in there that is a B or better and you still don't like it, maybe it isn't for you.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I started vaping exclusively April 1 of this year. I was advised by a local vape shop to stick to tobacco flavors since that was what was a familiar taste to me so I did (and happily so). Then about two months in I tried a few fruity flavors. I went bat spit crazy on ordering fruit flavors only to find I didn't like them so much after about a month. Then I was all about the bakery flavors. Went bat spit crazy again ordering samples online of bakery flavors. Now I'm eyeballing fruit flavors again. lol I've settled down again and am not ordering new things every other day. I tend to order flavors that just sound interesting to me and don't stick to just one type/family of flavors and it's a nice balance.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Everyone's taste palette is different. I suggest DIY! ;)

I'm starting to get curious about that myself. But I LOVE the flavors I get and the guy is a wizard genious mix master. It took me a while, too, to find that ONE. My go to flavor is orange and vanilla ice cream. 2nd is a creamy spearmint. I get my flavors from Pure Vapes. I tried his lemon creme puff and it is ASTOUNDING.

I don't use just one flavor all day, I mix it up and haven't tired of them so far.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I haven't had much luck on flavors. Possibly caused by my meds. For tobacco I can taste Desert Ship and Latakia. Most other things I can't tell what they are supposed to be. Five new bottles today. Only one that I can definately tell what it is is licorice! Others I have to read the labels "Oh, that is what that taste is supposed to be!"

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Man I have so many flavors right now I don't know what to do with them. I usually carry two with me at a time and I have one or two others stashed away in my car or desk. I was a menthol cigarette smoker so I do like my menthol juice which is what I go through the most. I probably go through 4 bottles of that in the time I go through half or one bottle of anything else. But part of that is because my others get rotated so much. Right now my tanks look like this: Menthol in the T3, Dark Chocolate in the Protank Mini, Blueberry in the T2. I think I'm gonna put Grape back in the T2 and put the Blueberry in one of the CE5s I have laying around...

As for device, I can't decide either as you can probably tell. I was using standard 650mah Ego-T batteries with CE5s (I ditched my CE4s pretty quick) but yesterday I picked up an Ego VV Mega 1200mah (I think that's right? Pretty sure it's off-brand, found it in a local shop) and liked it so much I already ordered the 650mah Ego-V online so I don't feel like I'm swinging around a pimp cane at work. Might also go for a Twist at some point.

I can't choose a favorite tank though. The CE5 seems to be decent all around but doesn't really excel at anything. I love the T2 vapor volume and quality but sometimes it's a little warm for me and with the VV I have to tilt after a couple puffs. The T3 is great but a little airy sometimes. Always a good cool hit, goes great with my menthol. I like the Protank Mini a lot too, it's a little heavier but it seems to have a better balance of cool and warm vape. The higher resistance coil I have in it seems to have a (too) light vapor on a standard battery but I just crank the VV up to about 4.2-4.5 and it's good to go. I'm going to order a regular Protank soon and see how that compares to it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread